PDA

View Full Version : RA Support Series and Schedule?

Andrew Longman
07-26-04, 04:20 PM
Still nothing up on the CCWS or RA site.

When I ordered tickets last week and asked about the schedule I got a "We'll send it with your tickets"

The Atlantics and Transam sites show them both running on the 8th.

Three races on Sunday? Nothing on the other days?

Anybody know anything?

KLang
07-26-04, 04:38 PM
There is also two rounds of Formula BMW.

I'd guess BMW and Trans-Am on Saturday, BMW, ChampCar and Toyota Atlantic on Sunday.

edit: Can't recall if a schedule came with the tickets. Have to look tonight.

Andrew Longman
07-26-04, 05:03 PM
F Beemers? Good!

I liked them a lot at Cleveland. Much better than BarberDodge IMO. They looked much harder to drive and are prettier. And I never was too thrilled that the BarberDodge series ran the same engine as my old Dodge Caravan that I hated.

Your line up would be my guess too, but the TransAm site definitely has them running Sunday, but that could be wrong.

Seems odd we are two weeks away and neither CCWS or RA has anything on their sites

Mark521
07-26-04, 05:04 PM
Still nothing up on the CCWS or RA site.

When I ordered tickets last week and asked about the schedule I got a "We'll send it with your tickets"

The Atlantics and Transam sites show them both running on the 8th.

Three races on Sunday? Nothing on the other days?

Anybody know anything?

Funny you should mention this, I just downloaded the PDF schedule dated 7/23 "Tentative" from the RA site.

http://www.roadamerica.com/2004/races/grandprix/images/04_grandprix_schedule.pdf

Highlights:

Sat 3:45 to 4:30 PM - BMW Race #1
Sat 4:45 to 6:00 PM - Trans Am Race
Sat 6:15 to 6:45 PM - Formula Dodge Race
Sat 7:00 PM - "Tour de Road America"

Sun 11:00 to 11:50 AM - Atlantic Race
Sun 12:05 to 12:35 PM - BMW Race #2
Sun 2:00 - Champ Car Race
Sun 4:30 to 5:10 PM - Formula Dodge Race

I understand the 2 BMW races, but not the Formula Dodges. Do they also hold "double headers"?

I'm seriously considering making the trip this year, but my Lovely Wife wants to go to Las Vegas.

KLang
07-26-04, 05:11 PM
I'd forgotten about Formula Dodge. Have they been with ChampCar anywhere else this year?

Looks like a full day on Sunday. :thumbup:

Andrew Longman
07-26-04, 05:14 PM
I'm seriously considering making the trip this year, but my Lovely Wife wants to go to Las Vegas.

Wow, she must be REALLY lovely.

Lucky man! :)

ncmlj
07-26-04, 06:27 PM
I'd forgotten about Formula Dodge. Have they been with ChampCar anywhere else this year?

Looks like a full day on Sunday. :thumbup:

I got the schedual with my tickets and it is a full day Fri,Sat and Sunday

Friday from 8am to 6 pm with only 15 min between each session.

Saturday from 8am to 6:45 which I find strange because they did have a ordinance out there (no motors after 6pm) we shall see.

Sunday from 8am to 5:10 pm.

Plenty of on track activity,well worth the $115 if you ask me.

Andrew Longman
07-26-04, 06:42 PM
8 am starts. Ah that's the best. Rolling out of the tent at the sound of engines (or is it motors, oops sorry wrong thread), walking over to the guard rail with a cup of coffee. The smell of methonol in the morning. Nothing beats RA.

KLang
07-26-04, 09:32 PM
Plenty of on track activity,well worth the $115 if you ask me.

My previous comment was referring to a full day of racing on Sunday. Never any time to get bored at one of our road or street course weekends. :thumbup: That is the main reason the wife and I generally won't attend ovals anymore, not enough going on. Making an exception for Vegas though. :)