PDA

View Full Version : Congrats to RuSports

RaceGrrl
07-26-04, 01:02 AM
Okay, I had my bitching thread, now for the congratulatory thread.

:thumbup: to MJ and AJ. Excellent job today. It was great to see two podium finishes for Carl Russo. Seeing his joy at their race finishes was refreshing.

BTW, did anyone notice the photo of Fabio next to AJ's name in the graphics? They were showing drivers and positions, right before one of the commercial breaks near the end. If any of you have it recorded, I think it was about 1:20 into the broadcast. We don't have vid capture on our system right now or I'd post the pic.

Sean O'Gorman
07-26-04, 01:10 AM
And while we're at it, congrats to Oriol Servia for being the first Coyne driver since, what, 2001? to not crash on the pace lap in Vancouver. :D

Dr. Corkski
07-26-04, 01:16 AM
Great job by team and driver today.

AJ is a clear example of how talent can overcome inexperience. Pretty much debunks the whole inexperience myth/excuses.

Ziggy
07-26-04, 01:28 AM
I think AJ has done a good job all year. From Atlantic's to Champcar, it's not like he is a moving chicane or some over hyped Eurotrash. This is one of the better uses of the ladder system. RuSport has done a fine job, and brought a couple of decent, if not excellent, cars to the grid with one proven talent and one exciting newcomer (who drove for them in the lower formula). Problems with the state of the sport plus the economy has made teams and drivers coming up the exception rather than the rule.

AJ is the real deal. A winner and champion in the making

Champcar really needs to attract more Atlantic teams. It's a great series, and always has been.

nrc
07-26-04, 01:44 AM
AJ is a real talent. There's more where he came from. If OWRs can keep costs in line and start attracting some new sponsors who aren't dictating drivers you'll see more drivers coming out of the Atlantic ranks.

RaceCat
07-26-04, 01:57 AM
Yahoo! Yes indeed! Congrats to RuSports! A great day today. Awesome result AJ and Michel. :D

RaceCat

TurboTodd
07-26-04, 07:45 AM
BTW, did anyone notice the photo of Fabio next to AJ's name in the graphics? They were showing drivers and positions, right before one of the commercial breaks near the end. If any of you have it recorded, I think it was about 1:20 into the broadcast. We don't have vid capture on our system right now or I'd post the pic.

I did.. lower left hand corner.. The red glasses caught my eye, and right as the lineup changed, the graphic switched to AJ's..

Great run by RuSports, great to see positive emotion!

KLang
07-26-04, 09:10 AM
It was great to see two podium finishes for Carl Russo. Seeing his joy at their race finishes was refreshing.

Very moving indeed. :thumbup:

Congrats to RuSports!

JoeBob
07-26-04, 10:51 AM
I was thinking of starting this thread myself. RuSport (no s in their name) has done a great job all year. Their next stop is on top of the podium.

Hopefully, by then, Dinger will learn to close his eyes when champagne is being sprayed at him. :D

RaceGrrl
07-26-04, 10:52 AM
Yeah, and Tag(s) doesn't have an 's' either. :D

nrc
07-26-04, 11:54 AM
RuSportszszssz?

Anyway you slice it, there *is* an S in their name. Just maybe not at the end. :)

Great to see a guy who puts his heart into what he's doing get some payback so soon. Great to have owners who don't look like they're mentally counting the yen when they do well.

KLang
07-26-04, 02:10 PM
http://www.champcarworldseries.com/Content/Photos/2004/By400/20040725P_0023.jpg

If it were me, I think I'd be hugging the babe. :p