PDA

View Full Version : Toyota To NASCAR Confirmed

JoeBob
02-12-03, 05:04 PM
Just in the truck series, but we all know where things go from there. ;)

http://www.nascar.com/2003/news/headlines/ct/02/12/toyota_entry/index.html

JLMannin
02-12-03, 05:22 PM
Hopefully, Toyota will squeal like stuck pigs the first time NASCAR slaps a rules sanction and/or cuts an opponent a break to equalize the show.

TRDfan
02-12-03, 08:19 PM
I've been following some Nascar forums the last few months as this rumor built bigger and bigger. Many posters were freaking out then, I can't wait to spend some time surfing those forums the next few days.

Sean O'Gorman
02-12-03, 09:59 PM
Originally posted by TRDfan
I've been following some Nascar forums the last few months as this rumor built bigger and bigger. Many posters were freaking out then, I can't wait to spend some time surfing those forums the next few days.

Surprisingly, the NASCAR fans I talk to online have no problem with the deal. It is the NASCAR fans in my area that dislike it. One person said no foreign makes should be allowed in NASCAR, because it is all-American sport. Then I mentioned how many Toyotas are built in the US, and how Dodge is owned by a German company. Bascially what it came down to was that DaimlerChrysler is owned by white people, and Toyota isnt. :shakehead :rolleyes:

Lizzerd
02-12-03, 11:34 PM
There's something about "Toyota" and "358ci V8 with a carburetor" in the same sentence that just doesn't make sense to me.