PDA

View Full Version : Empty Seats ???

RTKar
07-25-04, 08:47 AM
What's up with that? especially in Germany...apparently Bernie didn't offer any 2 for 1 discounts ;) ...Are the Germans that bored by Schumi's constant winning?

anait
07-25-04, 08:51 AM
Yup, I was wondering about those, too. Vic or Gerry said there were around 130,000 people there, what would a selllout be?

(btw, good morning, RT! :) I can't get into chat, Steve's temp link keeps saying 'unable to connect')

Cam
07-25-04, 08:56 AM
(btw, good morning, RT! :) I can't get into chat, Steve's temp link keeps saying 'unable to connect')

different.net appears to be down.

RTKar
07-25-04, 08:56 AM
Yup, I was wondering about those, too. Vic or Gerry said there were around 130,000 people there, what would a selllout be?

Good morning to you too, I was wondering where everyone was... :confused:

RTKar
07-25-04, 09:00 AM

http://www.xchat.org/

Spicoli
07-25-04, 10:02 AM
This is just further proof that the IRL is quickly overtaking Formula1 in popularity.

Just ask Porky Page. :shakehead

RTKar
07-25-04, 10:10 AM
This is just further proof that the IRL is quickly overtaking Formula1 in popularity.

Just ask Porky Page. :shakehead

I'm thinking the Germans have all flown to Milwaukee to be part of the vision....the stands should be packed....that must be it.

JT265
07-25-04, 10:48 AM

I've heard that 180,000 is the capacity. But of course, if the Boss would just allow Wilke/Turn13 etc. to post, that would be refuted in a heartbeat. ;)

Spicoli
07-25-04, 10:55 AM
I'm thinking the Germans have all flown to Milwaukee to be part of the vision....the stands should be packed....that must be it.

LMFAO.

Wonder what the new "EARL-Tifosi" would look like?

I'm getting a vision of a guy who takes paintball just a little too seriously. :gomer:

4wheeldrifter
07-26-04, 07:39 AM
The several Euro expats that work with me (and are also F1 fans) tell me that the Red Menace is chasing fans away, both TV and butts in the seats types. Hard to beleive this would be the case at Shumi's home race. I could however imagine that the US$200+ seat price could chase some folks away, especially with the season having been over for 5 races now. :eek:

oddlycalm
07-26-04, 05:55 PM
I think the real interesting comparison is between F1 and MotoGP. I'd love to see the actual numbers for the German events, but subjectively the MotoGP race looked like a lot more people were in attendence.

oc