PDA

View Full Version : Andale! Andale! Arriba!

RaceGrrl
07-24-04, 05:47 PM
PT, when advised that Rodolfo Lavin would start alongside him on the front row...

It's always entertaining to listen to Tracy's radio.

mexican
07-24-04, 05:52 PM
slowvin!!! :saywhat:

great drive, good luck tomorrow

Steve99
07-24-04, 05:55 PM
I heard that (just before WMP crashed my system :(). Very interesting session today should make for a good race tomorrow.

The Doctor
07-24-04, 06:23 PM
This must be the harbinger to Nader coming from nowhere and winning the election in November. :eek: :eek:

I'll be watching out for anvils falling from the sky on my way out tonight.

Seriously, great job Rodolfo. :thumbup: :thumbup: Corona on podium. Memo there too. Both behind Sebastien. That'd be a good and interesting day for me.

RTKar
07-24-04, 09:42 PM
PT, when advised that Rodolfo Lavin would start alongside him on the front row...

It's always entertaining to listen to Tracy's radio.

Adrian who????? The way Mexico supports Champcar..... Lavin up front is a good thing. I hope he keeps it up.

RaceGrrl
07-24-04, 10:06 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if Forsythe had that in mind when he put Lavin in that ride.

Dr. Corkski
07-24-04, 10:19 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if Forsythe had that in mind when he put Lavin in that ride.Methinks Forsythe had dollar signs in mind when he took the check. Otherwise he could have taken on a Mexican driver that could actually turn right but wasn't born into the Modelo Group like Luis Diaz.

RaceChic
07-24-04, 10:21 PM
Me thinks that things will be decided in the first turn when he starts alongside PT. :p

Amanda B.'s Mom
07-24-04, 10:31 PM
Me thinks you are right. Should be an intersting start. I am guessing Lavin will not be in second at the end of the frist lap ;)

Rogue Leader
07-24-04, 10:42 PM
Wish I could have watched it but freekin race director crashes my connection when I try and use it now for soome reason.. theres $20 I'll never see again....

Car-B-Q
07-24-04, 11:10 PM
Me thinks you are right. Should be an intersting start. I am guessing Lavin will not be in second at the end of the frist lap ;)You thinking Tags gonna go for another bonsai run into turn 1? :D

mapguy
07-25-04, 05:59 AM
bonsai

http://barbadosphotogallery.com/jpgees/bonsai.jpg

I think you mean banzai.

http://www.popmatters.com/tv/reviews/b/images/banzai.jpg

Spicoli
07-25-04, 09:54 AM
Ediie Munster, P2.

I think he'd be best advised to brake early in P1. ;)

Car-B-Q
07-25-04, 11:59 AM
I think you mean banzai.

I stand corrected. Maybe I should have said "kamikaze" instead?

Old3Fan
07-25-04, 12:14 PM
I stand corrected. Maybe I should have said "kamikaze" instead?

Bonsai is correct according to Webster's. :gomer:

Ankf00
07-25-04, 03:03 PM
canuckers spell all funnylike, you know that.

and I knew my hard drive crapping out before this weekend was a sign for ominous things to come... just didn't know it'd be this bad!

KobySon
07-26-04, 01:28 PM
Methinks Forsythe had dollar signs in mind when he took the check. Otherwise he could have taken on a Mexican driver that could actually turn right but wasn't born into the Modelo Group like Luis Diaz.

That's a strange situation that I've wondered about. IMO, Forsythe is more likely to think in pesos because of the races he promotes. If you are thinking about keeping Mexican interest healthy so that your race contracts stay in tact, do you snatch a racer out from under the nose of Mexico's most famous driver/owner? Because of that you would think he would want to keep Adrian happy. Of course, he might not have anticipated Adrian's reaction (and the power of the yen).

However, I think the real story of Lavin at Forsythe has more to do with where Lavin wanted to be than with Gerry seeing dollar signs. If you are Lavin and the family gives you a blank check to go champcar racing, do you want to have the best team behind you, or an underperforming team behind you? Also, maybe the Corona people didn't want to be associated with the Tecate people. Maybe they actually wanted to BEAT the Tecate team. Dolfo is being groomed and there is a huge difference between racing for Fernandez and Forsythe.

Sorry to wander off topic.

How did Lavin land on the front row anyway? Did it rain after his fast lap, or is he really improving with good team support?

RaceGrrl
07-26-04, 01:30 PM
Tracy mentioned during one of the post qualifying interviews that Lavin has been improving with the team's help.

devilmaster
07-26-04, 03:02 PM
canuckers spell all funnylike, you know that.

An Asian decent, living in Texas, who puts f00 at the end of every noun, commenting on how Canadians type???!???

Check please!!!!!

;)
Steve