PDA

View Full Version : IRC program recommendations

Steve99
07-24-04, 02:22 PM
I'm looking for some recommendations for an IRC client. I've been using mIRC this month, and while it is okay for freeware, I don't feel it is worth paying for. I find it rather primitive and clunky.

[Edit: I'm running Windows.]

Cam
07-24-04, 03:09 PM
X-Chat. get it at www.xchat.org :thumbup:

XFT
07-24-04, 04:36 PM
You have to pay for mIRC? :saywhat:

I have a nag screen that goes away after 5 seconds..If you're big into the FULL LEGAL FILE SHARING network on IRC I'd stick with mIRC ;)

Steve99
07-24-04, 06:07 PM
If you're big into the FULL LEGAL FILE SHARING network on IRC I'd stick with mIRC ;)

I have no idea what that means.

My mIRC "nag screen" is counting down until they end of my 30 day trial. I assumed once it reached zero I would have to pay, or stop using it.

Audi_A4
07-24-04, 06:09 PM
I have no idea what that means.

My mIRC "nag screen" is counting down until they end of my 30 day trial. I assumed once it reached zero I would have to pay, or stop using it.

I am on day 200 of the 30 day trial and i am still using it for free.

Ankf00
07-24-04, 07:08 PM
Myself and all of my irc buddies all have had unpaid mirc for the past 6+ years, although I'm probably going to pay for it soon cuz i'm a chump, haha.

mirc lets you do alot of stuff if you know how to program some stuff

CART T. Katz
07-24-04, 11:35 PM
if i were using an independant chat program, i use trillian (yeah, yeah i know trillian sucks. bite me :gomer: ) but right now, i'm using the built-in one with my browser, opera which works well for what i want. i don't think it downloads though but i'm not worried about that.