PDA

View Full Version : Inner Circle Fan Cl.ub

wood-eye
07-23-04, 11:19 PM
Memberships are now available thru the Champ Car web site....great stuff.

Wood-eye
Inner Circle Fan Club Ambassador

Railbird
07-23-04, 11:52 PM
what's the hat look like?

I still wear my Winner Circle cap now and again.

indyfan31
07-24-04, 03:10 AM
Memberships are now available thru the Champ Car web site....great stuff.

Wood-eye
Inner Circle Fan Club Ambassador

Tried to sign up, but I got a message that my email is already being used by someone else. can't see how that's possible.
I signed up for the free introductory subscription a while back, so I'm sure that's part of the problem.

manic mechanic
07-24-04, 03:29 AM
I want some "definition" to the ICFC costs at mid-season...

Does the $25 cover 8/104 to 8/1/05 or just until the end of the '04 season?

IF we already have seats for events (before we join), do we get refunded/credited the commeasurate discount amount(s)?

I have no objection to spending the $$, I just want to know what I am paying for.. :cool:

manic

trish
07-24-04, 03:36 AM
Tried to sign up, but I got a message that my email is already being used by someone else. can't see how that's possible.
I signed up for the free introductory subscription a while back, so I'm sure that's part of the problem.
If you've already subscribed to Race Director you'd get that message. You'll have to sign up under More Options - Already Purchased Race Director. Fill in the form and fax the information to them. It's $14.95 for those who currently have Race Director. http://www.champcarworldseries.com/CCIC/default.asp

wood-eye
07-25-04, 12:14 AM
Manic..it's til the end of the season..I'll check on tickets already purchased...I've gotten money back for my tickets when I wrote and said I had joined the Inner (Winner's Circle at the time) Circle...again, I'll check for you. Are we talking Laguna Seca?

Over 500 folks today at the Inner Circle Fan Forum...in Vancouver...look out Road America, here we come!

tllips
07-25-04, 01:14 AM
How much of a savings do they offer for tickets? (Especially Road America) And, If I sign up now, will I get my packet in time to save on tickets to RA?

Phantom
07-25-04, 12:52 PM
Same question - going to Road America. Already signed up for Race Director so I can't apply on line (??) Could fax my form in tomorrow - but what are the RA discounts? and with less than two weeks less before the event is there a payer of getting the packet in time?

wood-eye
07-26-04, 12:29 AM
I'll check with Champ Car in the am and get info right back...

ANAYA YATES
07-28-04, 11:49 PM
OK folks.....low down on CCIC

Dual sign up, meaning Race Director and CCIC, are until the end of the 2004 season.

Still a good deal in my opinion at the price they are offering. If you can't be there in person, watch it on the puter :D You get live timing, scoring and video! Wish I could. I am at a disadvantage, Race Director is not available for Macs at this time.

If you are already signed up for Race Director, then you fill out the pdf form, pay that price and you are good to go. Vice versa if you do NOT want Race Director or already subscribed, then fill out that pdf form.

All I can say is that Laguna Seca will host a EXCELLENT event. Details to follow. Fan forum during the day and a dinner in the evening for Saturday. You do not need to be a member....we just want to give you a taste of what is to come next year :thumbup: :)

Any questions, please email me:
ANAYA (anaya.yates1@cox.net)

ANAYA YATES

Mr. Vengeance
07-28-04, 11:55 PM
Over 500 folks today at the Inner Circle Fan Forum...in Vancouver...look out Road America, here we come!

Great stuff wood-eye! You guys need to get that thing into a bigger space next year.

Unfortunately I couldn't stay 'til the end; great to see such a good turnout though.

Print more flyers next time! ;)

trish
07-29-04, 12:11 AM
This was posted at Champweb by SCW

Race Director Will Work For Mac OS X Users

I spent a considerable amount of time on the phone yesterday with a very helpful person from Global Media services.

We got their 'work around' to actually work on my Mac with OSX.

Here it is in a nutshell. ( for OS X )

(you must be subscribed to RD for this to work, of course)

One of the tricks is that you must use Internet Explorer.

You also need to set your 'default browser' to IE and then RE-INSTALL Windows Media for Mac version 9, so it can install the Digital Rights Management Plugin bundle into IE.

The first time you open each live stream, it will install a Digital Rights Management license. This MAY crash you browser, and/or Windows Media Player (it did mine). The next time you open that stream, it will play fine.

nrc
07-29-04, 12:27 AM
Blah. It still sucks that it doesn't work with Mozilla.

I can understand them wanting to use some kind of DRM, but I hate proprietary stuff. I

Dougrun
07-29-04, 12:39 AM

I can understand them wanting to use some kind of DRM, but I hate proprietary stuff. I

worked fine in my netscape 7.1, which is mozilla based.

RHR_Fan
07-29-04, 02:47 PM
You don't have to be a member to go to Fan Forums (for this season anyway), right?

~Nicole

ANAYA YATES
07-29-04, 04:28 PM
That's right Nicole....you do not need to be a member to attend the Fan Forums held at the track this year.

ANAYA YATES

wood-eye
08-03-04, 04:35 PM
Finally got the information on Inner Circle folks getting tickets for Road America...there is a $5 discount for being a member. The problem might be that with recent application the member has yet to receive hi/her membership number...explain the situation to the agent..if a problem, see Inner Circle folks at the race (us) and we'll help.

Ed_Severson
08-03-04, 04:40 PM
Finally got the information on Inner Circle folks getting tickets for Road America...there is a $5 discount for being a member.

So if some member buys 4 tickets for his family, he should be getting $20 back since the customer service rep at Road America told him there wasn't an Inner Circle Fan Club discount, right?

Brian_R
09-14-04, 08:55 PM
Not to dredge up an old subject, but did anybody actually receive their membership packet yet? I ordered beginning of August and got nothing yet, and I was wondering if anyone else has had the same problem.

Dougrun
09-14-04, 09:40 PM
CCWS lost thier info on old members when the bankruptcy happened. At the fan forum in monterey, they said the packets are being prepared now. I got an email from her asking for my address so I know it's on the way. Patience young jedi. :thumbup:

RTKar
09-14-04, 09:50 PM
I didn't bother signing up this year. By the time things were organised, I had already purchased my tickets. If I decide to go to any races next year, maybe I'll sign up.

nissan gtp
09-14-04, 09:50 PM

The DRM always beat me as well. No sense to that, IMO. I'd joinup to the IC+RD again in a heartbeat if I could get race deflecter to work.

Dougrun
09-14-04, 11:12 PM
members that sign up this year become "charter members" next year with special priveledges. No more info than that but thats what they said.

Ed_Severson
09-14-04, 11:18 PM
I signed up this year and never got my membership package or my ticket discounts at Road America.

nrc
09-14-04, 11:40 PM
what's the hat look like?

I still wear my Winner Circle cap now and again.

To the Flag Room? :)

TravelGal
09-16-04, 01:41 AM
I signed up this year and never got my membership package or my ticket discounts at Road America.

At the Laguna Seca meeting, they announced that the membership packets were just going into the mail Monday. That would be this past Monday, Sept 13. They had a way to get the discount to people who bought Seca tickets but don't know if they can do anything for previous purchases. Or me, who bought my tickets when I arrived.

I sent money two years ago for last year (when I bought tickets for five races) and never got squat but I'm thinking it's finally straightened out so I joined again. Can't miss being a CHARTER MEMBER ya know!
;-)