PDA

View Full Version : Jeremy Shaw on Race Director Fridays....

devilmaster
07-23-04, 06:26 PM
For those who use Race Director, usually we sit through a quiet show on Fridays. The broadcast team isn't used till Saturday quals, so video is accompanied by audio that only has the sound of champcars once in a while as they scream by.

Today though, they tried something different.

Jeremy Shaw played roving pit reporter during 2nd practice and 1st quals. No script, no plans, no camera with him, he just walked the pit with a microphone talking to whomever he could talk to.

During this time, he talked to about 7 or 8 drivers, a few crew members and owners, and Memo's agent.

He didn't talk straight through the show, but came on only when he had something to report, or someone to talk to.

I liked it. It was a neat addition to RD on Fridays. Being an unscripted broadcast, Jeremy just grabbed whomever he could, and was able to ask the good questions, and offer insight that you might not get in a regular broadcast.

At the end of quals today, Jeremy asked that if you liked what he did today during the RD broadcast, to send ChampCar an email and let them know.

I've sent mine, and if you have RD and you liked the show today, please send an email also.

Thanks
Steve

mexican
07-23-04, 06:48 PM
which e-mail address would be the best one?

being in mexico I've had the opportunity to listen to jeremy many times doing the SAP audio in english on the cart broadcasts. this was a great complement to the RD broadcast.

Steve99
07-23-04, 06:50 PM
I think they needed to add some announcers to RD, so I'm glad they tried it, but I didn't get to listen today.

devilmaster
07-23-04, 07:30 PM
which e-mail address would be the best one?

being in mexico I've had the opportunity to listen to jeremy many times doing the SAP audio in english on the cart broadcasts. this was a great complement to the RD broadcast.

I went to the champcarworldseries.com contact page (http://www.champcarworldseries.com/Contact.asp) , and put in general inquiries in the To box, and in the catagory box, i put domestic television.

Steve