PDA

View Full Version : RoadAmerica promotion?

KLang
07-23-04, 03:07 PM
A question for those of you that live in that neck of the woods. Is there any promotion/advertising going on? I'm not sure this year if it's RA or ChampCar doing the promoting.

Methanolandbrats
07-23-04, 03:46 PM
A question for those of you that live in that neck of the woods. Is there any promotion/advertising going on? I'm not sure this year if it's RA or ChampCar doing the promoting. No promotion so far.

KLang
07-23-04, 03:48 PM
No promotion so far.

grrrrr :mad:

I have a feeling this may be my last trip to RA. :(

Steve99
07-23-04, 04:01 PM
I have a feeling this will be the last year there will be any reason to go to RA, which is why I'm going this year.

nissan gtp
07-23-04, 04:27 PM
I have a feeling this will be the last year there will be any reason to go to RA, which is why I'm going this year.

If Champ Car doesn't race at RA next year, I'll have a hard time going for any of the other events (BRIC, ALMS).

I would be a crime if CC doesn't race there.... is the track buyable ?

SteveH
07-23-04, 06:12 PM
If the irl replaces Champ Car I will not attend any future events at RA.

Andrew Longman
07-23-04, 06:58 PM
Bought my tickets today.

I went two years ago for the first time because I was afraid it might be my last chance.

And my youngest son, now 5, has been talking about going back ever since our last trip. I better get it out of the way or risk leaving him a lifetime of disappointment.

FWIW I had no trouble getting camping in the carousal

But enough of that talk. We're going to have a fabulous time.

RTKar
07-23-04, 07:23 PM

I've heard rumblings it will be..... :thumdown: :confused: :shakehead

mueber
07-24-04, 09:45 AM
This will be my first visit to Road America. It seems it will also be my last. Too bad if true, but let's see what happens.

Road America
07-24-04, 11:27 AM
The only promotion I have seen for the race is a spot across the bottom of the Sheboygan Press once or twice a week. The odd (maybe not) thing is that never once did I see it say Champ Car or mention any of the CCWS drivers. It's listed as the "Grand Prix of Road America", a picture of Danica and an Atlantic car. NO Paul Tracy, Jeemy, Seebass, no nothing. My hunch is that R/A isn't using much of it's own money to promote Champ Car around here, it looks like Toyota Yen may be footin' the bill for the ad. My feeling is that this is the last year for Champ Car at there unless the Three Amigos assume the $$ risk to keep the history alive. R/A must keep in mind that if CC doesn't return, the track loses one of two ways. Either it gets no major open wheel race or it gets the IRL. :shakehead

tllips
07-24-04, 05:07 PM
A question for those of you that live in that neck of the woods. Is there any promotion/advertising going on? I'm not sure this year if it's RA or ChampCar doing the promoting.

There was an ad in Saturday's Chicago Tribune (I think it was in the front page section) with Tracy's Players car from last year and a picture of Paul. It said that you could get $10 off race tix at your local Piggly Wiggly. I have no idea where there is a Piggly Wiggly near me.

I really hope this isn't the last race at RA. :eek: My kids are 3 and 2 and are not really ready until maybe next year.