PDA

View Full Version : Road America = IRL spin

Methanol1
02-12-03, 03:20 PM
I'm telling you that they are behind this. No more concessions to the EARL.:mad:

MightySurfClam
02-12-03, 08:22 PM
the IRL is the ones telling Road America not to pay their bills to CART? Maybe you should send a nasty letter to Rahal, he's on the BOD at Elkhart

Gurneyflap
02-12-03, 09:13 PM
Nah, it really IS just about money. CART wants it.

JT265
02-12-03, 11:42 PM
So, MightySurfClam, did you draw the job of being the token IRL shill here?

And when did Rahal join the RA BOD? I know Haas is on it, didn't know about Rahal tho'.

Methanol1
02-12-03, 11:42 PM
Maybe Road America owes CART some fees that are not getting paid.
Pay to Ceasar what belongs to Ceasar?

PEACE

Lizzerd
02-13-03, 12:01 AM
Originally posted by MightySurfClam
the IRL is the ones telling Road America not to pay their bills to CART? Maybe you should send a nasty letter to Rahal, he's on the BOD at Elkhart

You seem to be working hard towards being the resident irritant.

Napoleon
02-13-03, 06:30 AM
Originally posted by JT265
So, MightySurfClam, did you draw the job of being the token IRL shill here?

Apparently he did.

cart7
02-13-03, 06:52 AM
Here's a thought, RA defaults and Cart takes it over for unpaid debt plus a few mill. :eek:

rabbit
02-13-03, 09:58 AM
Originally posted by Lizzerd
You seem to be working hard towards being the resident irritant. I'd say he's already there.

Hardpoint
02-13-03, 10:02 AM
And when did Rahal join the RA BOD? I know Haas is on it, didn't know about Rahal tho'. [/B][/QUOTE]

I believe Rahal has been on their BOD for years.

MightySurfClam
02-13-03, 10:04 AM
Lets look at the facts. RA owes CART money. RA hasnt paid CART that money. CART sues.

YOU guys start talking up the IRL instantly as being involved in it. Who's the real shill? Im not defending them, but I dont see a reason to include them in something they have no involvement in.

Why dont we just blame Al Qaeda while we're at it?

rabbit
02-13-03, 10:06 AM
The IRL fingerprints have been all over every shady deal that has plagued CART in recent years. Give us one good reason why RA should be any different.

mnkywrch
02-13-03, 10:22 AM
Originally posted by rabbit
The IRL fingerprints have been all over every shady deal that has plagued CART in recent years. Give us one good reason why RA should be any different.

What - the IRL prevented CART from calling ISC to let them know they were dropping Homestead... instead of letting them know by press release... thereby souring the relationship between ISC and CART?

Or the IRL prevented CART from testing at TMS to see if their cars could run there safely?

rabbit
02-13-03, 10:31 AM
Ok, so I rushed in using the word "every". But Hammerin' Tony, by his own admission, has used more than his fair share of subversive tactics in this whole mess.

MightySurfClam
02-13-03, 10:35 AM
Where? Road America owes CART money, how is the IRL at all responsible for that? Potentially trying to get the race date for themselves thats feasible, but how are they at fault for Road America's debt?

JSR
02-13-03, 11:00 AM
Originally posted by MightySurfClam
Where? Road America owes CART money, how is the IRL at all responsible for that? Potentially trying to get the race date for themselves thats feasible, but how are they at fault for Road America's debt?

I agree with this statement.

Gurneyflap
02-13-03, 11:29 AM
No, wrench and clam make as much sense as any of the rest of us. We DO have an axe to grind, you know, and we often do. I now honestly believe it is a money issue only between CART and RA, and if TG even cares he'd be getting a good laugh at all our squirming around. (only I don't think it's so funny!)

JLMannin
02-13-03, 12:10 PM
We need to either move this to others or black flag it. I left another forum to get away from this cr@p. :mad:

John Mannin

pchall
02-13-03, 12:11 PM
Originally posted by mnkywrch
What - the IRL prevented CART from calling ISC to let them know they were dropping Homestead... instead of letting them know by press release... thereby souring the relationship between ISC and CART?

Or the IRL prevented CART from testing at TMS to see if their cars could run there safely?

Team Rahal tested for CART at TMS in the middle of December in of off season before the TMS weekend. Their times were in the 225 range with the previous season's engines.

You might check a fact or two every now and then.

Hardpoint
02-13-03, 12:36 PM
If you kids can't play nice you'll have to go sit in the corner. The best thing about this forum thus far has been the lack of IRL conversation.

RichK
02-13-03, 12:38 PM
Originally posted by pchall
Team Rahal tested at TMS in the middle of December before the TMS weekend. Their times were in the 225 range with the previous season's engines.

You might check a fact or two every now and then.

Penske also tested there in the winter.