PDA

View Full Version : Gidley in at Rocketsports for Vancouver

RaceChic
07-21-04, 09:28 PM
Gidley in at Rocketsports for Vancouver (http://www.champweb.net/headline.php?t=h&id=25940)

Therre ya go, folks !!! :D

:cool:

Rogue Leader
07-21-04, 11:17 PM
Woo hoo go Memo!!

Rob
07-21-04, 11:21 PM
I'm very glad to see that. I hope this weekend is much easier for him than Toronto was. :thumbup:

Lizzerd
07-22-04, 12:01 AM
Yeah, Toronto was unkind to him. (In a racing kind of way. The Torontonians I know are wonderful!).

I've always been a Memo supporter, to a degree. I certainly admire him, though, for his diligent persistence and determination, and he has shown flashes of brilliance. Would be nice to see a full time ride for him, for sure. Could this be it for a couple more years?

Valiante deserves a ride, apparently it isn't this ride. His time will come, I'm sure.

Sean O'Gorman
07-22-04, 12:12 AM
:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

I hope it continues. Really makes me wish I could afford to go to Road America again, its been three years since I've been able to cheer him on at a race.

JohnHKart
07-22-04, 05:49 AM
It's too bad, not one of Memo's rides the past few years has involved much testing....And he's never ever had a ride in Cart or the IRL that was signed before the season began, allowing him and the team time to prepare and get ready. It's always last minute stuff, like Toronto and Indy.

John

KLang
07-22-04, 06:55 AM
I hope this weekend is much easier for him than Toronto was. :thumbup:

I wouldn't count on it:

Demonstrating his dedication to racing, Gidley will step out of the No. 17 Rocketsports Lola following Champ Car qualifying in Vancouver at 2:45 PM on Saturday, and hop into a jet helicopter to fly 270 miles south to Portland International Raceway. There, he'll strap into the No. 48 Air Force Reserve Ford Focus for the 4:15 PM start of the Speed World Challenge Touring Car race, as part of the American Le Mans weekend
:cool:

Ankf00
07-22-04, 09:30 AM
:rofl:
too good.

Amanda B.'s Mom
07-23-04, 12:20 AM
Memo and dedication are definately synonyms. :thumbup: