PDA

View Full Version : Cool Hand Luke Speaks

TedN
07-21-04, 11:51 AM
Good Read Here (http://www.canada.com/sports/auto/indy2004/vancouverstory.html?id=06e9ae1a-e5cb-4e07-9c30-8722a0bb959b )

:thumbup:

Ted

CART T. Katz
07-21-04, 11:57 AM
sorry. thought you ment hof coach denny crum who had that nickname. :o

good article anyway.

rabbit
07-21-04, 01:45 PM
Pure class.

That's all I can say. Pure class. :thumbup:

G.
07-21-04, 04:02 PM
wow. Thank you Paul. :thumbup:

Asked if things are still amicable between he and Haas, Newman cracks a wry smile.

"Well, Carl has got several crushed toes and I've got a couple of broken ribs, but we're still talking. I have a better left hook than he does, though."
:laugh:

FanofMario
07-21-04, 04:35 PM
"Newman also dismisses talk of the IRL adding road races to its all-oval schedule for 2005.

"I don't see how they can go road racing with the equipment they've got now. That's going to pose a problem. But it also pisses me off because that's not what they said they were going to do in the beginning. And I'd like to know where all the American drivers are that they said they were going to have in the beginning. I'd like to know where all their fans are." :thumbup:

Paul is a great guy! I wouldn't mind seeing him deck ole Carl! I bet the Gomers at TF are in meltdown! :D

j_d
07-21-04, 04:51 PM
Thank you Mr. Newman for being in our corner.

Cmndr Keen
07-21-04, 08:21 PM
"Of course, I'm an old racer ... I supported this series since 1983 and I will continue to support it so long as I have a breath and so long as they've got some cars running."

The man is just plain awesome.

dando
07-21-04, 11:29 PM
They just don't make 'em like that anymore. Truly a gentleman. No BS. No agenda. Just gotta respect The Man. :thumbup: :thumbup:

-Kevin

sadams
07-22-04, 07:13 AM
Thank you Mr. Newman. :thumbup:

TravelGal
07-22-04, 11:26 AM
They just don't make 'em like that anymore. Truly a gentleman. No BS. No agenda. Just gotta respect The Man. :thumbup: :thumbup: -Kevin

That is SO true. Listen to any interview on any subject he cares deeply about. No BS. Just clear, straight, honesty,mixed with intelligence, kindess and compassion. Kids want a role model? Look no further.

RaceGrrl
07-22-04, 12:36 PM
Besides being classy, Mr. Newman has a great sense of humor. It's always a pleasure to read his interviews.