PDA

View Full Version : FOYT FUTILITY 07-20-04

Wheel-Nut
07-20-04, 03:01 PM
Stewart, Foyt Crash During Indianapolis Practice Session
Jul 20, 1:39 PM (ET) Email this Story

INDIANAPOLIS (AP) - NASCAR drivers Tony Stewart and Larry Foyt crashed Tuesday - but neither was hurt - during testing at Indianapolis Motor Speedway for next month's Brickyard 400.
Stewart returned to the track in a different car. Stewart, fourth in the Nextel Cup driver standings, damaged the right rear of his car when he hit the wall in the second turn.

Foyt hit the wall in the first turn, damaging the car's right side. He did not return to the track because his team brought only one car for the session leading to the Aug. 8 race.

Some mid-week futility.

cart7
07-20-04, 03:05 PM
Could he be the only driver who's hit the wall in 2 types of cars (earl and cabs) in the same year? :cool: A NEEEWWWW Track Record!! :thumbup:

pchall
07-20-04, 03:55 PM
A NEEEWWWW Track Record!! :thumbup:

I haven't heard that about an IMS happening in forever. :gomer:

Thanks for posting that tidbit in a Futility Watch thread. I would have missed it.

rabbit
07-20-04, 04:02 PM
Could he be the only driver who's hit the wall in 2 types of cars (earl and cabs) in the same year? :cool: A NEEEWWWW Track Record!! :thumbup:
To do it in the race he'd have to qualify first.

And as we all know, it's tougher to qualify for the BY400 than Indy.

cart7
07-20-04, 04:11 PM
I haven't heard that about an IMS happening in forever. :gomer:

Thanks for posting that tidbit in a Futility Watch thread. I would have missed it.
Just trying to get the jump on Donald Davidson. ;)

Car-B-Q
07-20-04, 05:21 PM
To do it in the race he'd have to qualify first.

And as we all know, it's tougher to qualify for the BY400 than Indy.Yeah they actually might bump someone at the BY400. (I said MIGHT)

pchall
07-20-04, 07:49 PM
Yeah they actually might bump someone at the BY400. (I said MIGHT)

NASCAR Bumping! Is that what they call using their car owner pts and former champion provisionals when they circulate in single file at Indy?

theunions
07-21-04, 01:15 PM
From Jayski:

Foyt Plans Limited Return To Cup; #14 Cup team and IRL owner, A.J. Foyt said last Saturday that he will run a few Nextel Cup races in the 2004 season and then try to put some sponsorship packages together for a few runs in 2005. Those races are still to be determined. Says Foyt: "I'm not through with the Cup cars just yet, but we're still looking for some backing. I don't have any plans for Larry Foyt until we can put something together."(Insider Racing News)

The same bit notes Larry was actually driving Rick Ware's #52 Dodge - not an official Foytilitymobile - when he crashed yesterday.