PDA

View Full Version : New Career for Paul Page

Chitowncartfreak
07-18-04, 11:44 AM
Did anyone notice that Paul Page was ESPN's broadcaster for "Outdoor Games" Saturday night - at least for the dog portion of it? I'm surprised he didn't have a Scott Goodyear-like sidekick pooch alongside making comments like, "see how that dog is moving his rear leg up and down really quickly? That's something we dogs refer to as scratching."

Rob
07-18-04, 02:36 PM
I'm surprised he didn't have a Scott Goodyear-like sidekick pooch alongside making comments like, "see how that dog is moving his rear leg up and down really quickly? That's something we dogs refer to as scratching."
Yeah, that's a shame. I would have liked to have seen a Goodyearesque description of the expression "screwing the pooch."

Sean O'Gorman
07-18-04, 02:51 PM
Yeah, that's a shame. I would have liked to have seen a Goodyearesque description of the expression "screwing the pooch."

Or his description of neutering. :laugh:

Dave99
07-18-04, 04:41 PM
Lol, Rob. Are you implying Goodyear may have some personal experience with that?

*cough, cough* pace car *cough, cough* :laugh:

RaceCat
07-19-04, 12:59 AM
Did anyone notice that Paul Page was ESPN's broadcaster for "Outdoor Games" Saturday night - at least for the dog portion of it? I'm surprised he didn't have a Scott Goodyear-like sidekick pooch alongside making comments like, "see how that dog is moving his rear leg up and down really quickly? That's something we dogs refer to as scratching."

He's been doing this ESPN gig for many years. I was surprised the first time that I heard his voice on the Outdoor Games coverage. It was about 4 years ago.

I like Paul.....a guys gotta make a living!

RaceCat