PDA

View Full Version : Hey look the stands are empty

Rogue Leader
07-17-04, 07:12 PM
But according to Alex Barron this is "the elite" series... Looks like we know who got the raw end of the loss of unification talks now....

Rogue Leader
07-17-04, 07:40 PM
Ed Carpenter $1,000,000 in crash damage hes caused this season..... they just said it.... :rofl:

(Edit i dont know why im watching this crap... even my mom whos a closet race fan thanks to me is like "wow this blows"... im just very bored)

pchall
07-17-04, 08:05 PM
On IRL radio (WIBC) they said the place was filled early in the race. :rolleyes:

Now WIBC's signal has faded and I am just monitoring T&S to update the Foyt Futility thread.

"The Manchurian Candidate" is on a local PBS channel now. :)

Rogue Leader
07-17-04, 08:09 PM
Tomas Scheckter 1/2 million in crash damage this year... hes trying to catch Ed!

(Sad they have this info on hand all the time)

Chitowncartfreak
07-17-04, 08:22 PM
On IRL radio (WIBC) they said the place was filled early in the race. :rolleyes:

So is a Port-a-John as soon as one person steps in.

Rogue Leader
07-17-04, 08:52 PM
How in the world did Rice and Wheldon not kill eachother there... :rolleyes: just they way to drive an open wheel car... theres easier ways to go to the moon!

Ziggy
07-17-04, 09:45 PM
One word

Luck

same as the last zillion times

fourrunner
07-17-04, 09:51 PM
But according to Alex Barron this is "the elite" series... Looks like we know who got the raw end of the loss of unification talks now....

Oh that Alex is just a big liar!!

DaveL
07-17-04, 09:55 PM
One word

Luck

same as the last zillion times

And you know as well as I Zig that in a game of Russian Roullette, which IRL "racing" on high banked tracks, eventually you lose. No one is going to ooh and ahh about the "side by side racing" when wheels touch and someone gets launched into low earth orbit again like Brack did. And the next time around, the driver may not be as lucky as Brack...if you want to call the career ending injuries Brack sustained "luck". I guess it was better than losing his life.

Brickman
07-17-04, 10:01 PM

Now WIBC's signal has faded and I am just monitoring T&S to update the Foyt Futility thread.

:thumbup: Now that's funny. :laugh:

theunions
07-17-04, 10:02 PM
Ed Carpenter $1,000,000 in crash damage hes caused this season..... they just said it.... :rofl:

Wasn't that the entire Cheever team (including Barron's 3 or so wrecks to date), not just Carpenter?

JoeBob
07-17-04, 10:11 PM
Paul Page called it a "standing room only crowd." Too bad the camera was on an empty row at the time.

Steve99
07-17-04, 11:11 PM
There was a race tonight?

Dave99
07-17-04, 11:31 PM
Paul Page called it a "standing room only crowd." Too bad the camera was on an empty row at the time.
I guess the lower 15 rows were only visible because all the fans were standing.

I thought Arute's cheesegrater demonstration was classic. I winced at each pass he took. ;)

Railbird
07-17-04, 11:48 PM

I saw that

Nice coordinated effort from Porky and the Partner.

Ziggy
07-18-04, 12:34 AM
DaveL, I have it on good authority that Brack really wants to get back in the car. Also it is worth note, that the contact Kenny had with Tomas was sidewall to sidewall. This deal tonight with Rice and Sporty Spice could have resulted in a launch.

So yes, I would call being able to live and see a daughter born lucky. If he gets back in the car, I would call that fate.

JAM26
07-18-04, 01:13 AM
I thought I'd tune in tonight as I had nothing better to do. In Canada the race was to be shown at 12:30 a.m. EST on TSN. They joined it at after 1 a.m., 84 laps in. For those who complain about TSN's champ car coverage, at least they have their priorities in order when it comes to open wheel racing in North America. At least we usually get the champ car races live.

JAM26
07-18-04, 01:27 AM
One more observation...Paul Page says "Standing room only crowd." I didn't realize Standing Room was the lower half of the main grandstands, which were covered by tarps. :rolleyes:

The Doctor
07-18-04, 01:35 AM
One more observation...Paul Page says "Standing room only crowd." I didn't realize Standing Room was the lower half of the main grandstands, which were covered by tarps. :rolleyes:

They don't want fans in the splash and crash zone where they could be hit by members of the Foytility Clan.

Sean O'Gorman
07-18-04, 02:00 AM
Blah so Kanaan wins again. I saw at the bar that Buddy Rice kept banging wheels with someone, yah they must be proud that they can hit each other like that and don't get airborne anymore.

:thumdown:

JAM26
07-18-04, 02:03 AM
Their races are such a joke. Why do even their most die-hard fans watch anything but the last three laps? I guess they have nothing better to do with their minds for 197 or so laps. Blah....

Napoleon
07-18-04, 07:16 AM
There was an IRL race yesterday?

JT265
07-18-04, 09:14 AM

That's the rumor Napster. Funny thing is, here in Canada, where I've heard that the denizens at CrackForum endlessly point out the earl is WILDLY popular, TSN, ( a minority stake in this channel is/was owned by ESPN), chose to show a 90 minute "highlight" reel, starting at 12:30am this morning.

At least that's what the schedule showed. At 12:45 flipped past it only to see a repeat of a boxing match.

The good news is there was close sidebysidebyside action in the ring tho'.

:D

RacinM3
07-18-04, 03:07 PM
I don't get it. Why are you guys watching this crap? What, were you snowed in yesterday or sometihng? Just say NO to the IRL.

JAM26
07-18-04, 06:39 PM
I don't get it. Why are you guys watching this crap? What, were you snowed in yesterday or sometihng? Just say NO to the IRL.
I occasionally take pleasure in witnessing first-hand how far they've fallen.

RaceGrrl
07-18-04, 07:06 PM
I occasionally take pleasure in witnessing first-hand how far they've fallen.

What do you mean, "how far they've fallen?" IRL has always been crap. They can't fall any farther.

Rogue Leader
07-18-04, 09:14 PM
Wasn't that the entire Cheever team (including Barron's 3 or so wrecks to date), not just Carpenter?

From what they said IIRC they were talking about Ed Carpenter only... Hes wecked in almost every race this year....

4wheeldrifter
07-19-04, 07:46 AM

Ditto. :confused: :thumdown:

Steve99
07-19-04, 12:10 PM
I thought Arute's cheesegrater demonstration was classic. I winced at each pass he took. ;)

Can you explain that one?

Ferdman
07-19-04, 12:16 PM

I didn't know there was an EARL race on. I just happened upon it while channel surfing waiting for my fiancee's sister's kids to get ready to go to the pool. I saw it when they were showing Jack Aroote grating cheese. With all the kids screaming around me, I couldn't make out why he was grating cheese. With all the cheese grating references in the ChampCar boards, I thought he was talking about what happens when an IRL car goes airborne and what the catch fences do to the car and driver. :rofl:

AdrianInFlorida
07-21-04, 08:14 AM
Again, see port-a-john reference. One person + port-a-john = standing room only.