07-19-04, 07:41 PM
neuve: new

Ed_Severson
Can you provide me a "translation" ?

Villeneuve.

rabbit
I'm tryin' to work wif ya, fellas, but remember, I am on the "Left Coast", and not too close to all of this insider, gomer speak....

Can you provide me a "translation" ?
Newtown is the English translation of the French surname Villeneuve. :gomer:

Rogue Leader
07-19-04, 07:42 PM
JV in a tin top????

I believe the skies would run blood red before that happens...

rabbit
07-19-04, 07:42 PM
Three posts saying essentially the same thing all made at 7:41 p.m.

That's gotta be some kind of record. :saywhat:

Spicoli
07-19-04, 07:44 PM
Well racefans I've let this drag on long enough, with no confirmations and no sightings at the old speedplant today it's time to spill the beans.

There have been moves afoot to put everybodie's favorite teacher's pet in a tin top for the BY. Now it appears that barring any Tuesday suprises we'll be left to only imagine how Newton would do rubbin' fenders with real men.

When I get the whys and wherefores I'll add to this little tale.

My Gomer2000 Translator is down. Anyone care to put this into 'Merican? :gomer:

Spicoli
07-19-04, 07:48 PM
You've got to be kidding.

racer2c
07-19-04, 09:49 PM
JV was hardley the teachers pet of any series he has raced in. When I think teachers pet and the Speedway, I think of the great Sham. But 'Newton' doesn't realy equat to 'Hornish'.

If it is Villenueve testing a tin top for a one off BY400...yawn.

Another teachers pet is poster boy DE jr. Could it be he was going to test a crapwagon but it ain't happenin' cuz of he got all burned up and such and what not?

Mr. Vengeance
07-19-04, 09:51 PM
"teachers pet" (I think) comes from Pollock... (who was a teacher).

Or not. :)

Railbird
07-19-04, 09:54 PM
thanks for "getting it" Mr V.

I figured most around here would catch on with that, I just threw in "newton" for the slow minded.

racer2c
07-19-04, 09:58 PM
"teachers pet" (I think) comes from Pollock... (who was a teacher).

Or not. :)

Damn, now I gotta know what the stupid agents backgrounds are!!! It's bad enough I have to use up a piece of gray matter to remember BE was a used car salesman.

JV wants to mess around in NASCAR eh? Don't sell your restaurant.

Mr. Vengeance
07-19-04, 10:07 PM
It's bad enough I have to use up a piece of gray matter to remember BE was a used car salesman.

Yeah? I didn't know that.

Explains a lot, though. :)

dando
07-19-04, 10:14 PM
JV in NASCAB = Things that make ya go, "Hmmmmm." :gomer:

-Kevin

jonovision_man
07-19-04, 10:34 PM
Is this really so ridiculous? Jacques expressed interest before (this is from an interview last year)

Jacques expressing interest (http://www.team990.com/sports.ch2?id=767)

"Formula One doesn't seem like a possibility, although you never know what could happen. If someone decides to retire from one of the top teams, it could be interesting, but if not, I may look at NASCAR."

"Le Mans would be a fun thing to do, but I don't see it as a career. The only exciting thing would be NASCAR, but I haven't even looked into it. Who knows? If I go into the paddock now, maybe after an hour I'd just want to escape. I have no idea."

racer2c
07-19-04, 11:10 PM
Is this really so ridiculous? Jacques expressed interest before (this is from an interview last year)

Jacques expressing interest (http://www.team990.com/sports.ch2?id=767)

"Formula One doesn't seem like a possibility, although you never know what could happen. If someone decides to retire from one of the top teams, it could be interesting, but if not, I may look at NASCAR."

"Le Mans would be a fun thing to do, but I don't see it as a career. The only exciting thing would be NASCAR, but I haven't even looked into it. Who knows? If I go into the paddock now, maybe after an hour I'd just want to escape. I have no idea."

Paddock?!? What's an f'n paddock?!? This is NASCAR, boy!

Methanolandbrats
07-19-04, 11:29 PM
Prima donna, pseudo Frog hanging out with crackers and yucking it up with Kenny Wallace and his buddies..........ain't gonna happen. Darlington is a really nice place, but compared to Monaco it kinda sucks.

RobC71
07-20-04, 12:01 AM
I figured most around here would catch on with that, I just threw in "newton" for the slow minded.

Huuuuuuhhhhh? Wuuuuuuuuuhhhhhhhhh?

:confused:

Sorry, Tony George was using the keyboard. Wont happen again.

Rob C

Twisty Bits
07-20-04, 01:19 AM
Brickyard 405?

4wheeldrifter
07-20-04, 07:15 AM
Cheese and rice, man. When you said "Teacher's pet" I just assumed DNFisher.

Jacky boy in a cab. Stranger things have happened, but not much. :saywhat:

cart7
07-20-04, 07:57 AM
Former Ace F-15 fighter pilot decides to fly crop duster for a living. Film at 11.

JV, stay retired and live it up on expensive champagne and cheap 18yr old groupies. This is completely uninteresting. :shakehead

Ankf00
07-20-04, 09:10 AM
Can you feel the "pad" on the post count ? :D
damn skippy :D

teachers pet :laugh: you made cork a happy william hung fanboy today.

Dirty Sanchez
07-20-04, 10:16 AM
:laugh:

I rate this one higher than the JV to Williams rumors.