nrc
07-15-04, 05:18 PM
Doom 3 is coming August 3rd.

Looks like it's going to be a bloody August. :D

http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B00006C2HA.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

pfc_m_drake
07-15-04, 09:18 PM
Yeah...and it's about time.

From what I've heard from people who have played the 'gold' edition, it's amazing.

I can't wait!

racer2c
07-15-04, 09:39 PM
And me without the horsepower to play it in all it's Carmack glory!!!

Oh well, actually I'm excited about the Xbox version (outsourced by id) because it alone will have co-op! Co-op DooM 3 baby!!!

Say hello to my boom stick!

Halo 2 the first week of November also. The E3 footage is draw dropping (not the city trailer from '03 but the narrated version on the beach)

racer2c
07-15-04, 09:45 PM
Yeah...and it's about time.

From what I've heard from people who have played the 'gold' edition, it's amazing.

I can't wait!

I tried the leaked test demo that hit the net about a year and a half ago. It was completely unoptimized code and id was pissed off that it was leaked, and it ran like a slide show on my old GeForce3, but with all that, it still had great 'jump' factor.

It started off in a pitch black room with a single florescent light swinging in front of you shedding only enough light to make out your way. A deep, Darth Vader type breathing is filling the air. You take a turn right, then another, darkness surrounding your every move. The breathing follows you around every corner when finally...BOO! It gets you and you jump about 12" out of your chair!

The real deal will rock hard.

nz_climber
07-15-04, 09:52 PM
I tried the leaked test demo that hit the net about a year and a half ago. It was completely unoptimized code and id was pissed off that it was leaked, and it ran like a slide show on my old GeForce3, but with all that, it still had great 'jump' factor.

It started off in a pitch black room with a single florescent light swinging in front of you shedding only enough light to make out your way. A deep, Darth Vader type breathing is filling the air. You take a turn right, then another, darkness surrounding your every move. The breathing follows you around every corner when finally...BOO! It gets you and you jump about 12" out of your chair!

Yeah I played that too it was pretty good! :thumbup: - my gforce 4 struggled to get above slideshow speed too!!!

pfc_m_drake
07-15-04, 10:00 PM

I've got a Radeon 9800XT that I bought because it was a good card...but also because it came with a free Half-Life 2 coupon...turns out that Doom3 comes out first...lol.

Oh well...still got the coupon...and looking forward to August :D

Speaking of which...I should probably pre-order...

stroker
07-15-04, 10:33 PM
I can't believe the money they're still asking for fresh copies of Doom 2. Unreal.

RaceGrrl
07-16-04, 12:34 AM
Can't wait. The real fight will be whether nrc or I get to play it first.

Nosuchsoul
07-16-04, 03:06 AM
My Rig:

A64 3000+ PROCESSOR
1024mb PC3200 DDR ram
Chaintech Nforce3 250 Motherboard
ATI 9700 PRO AIW 128mb videocard and gonna sell it toward a new GeForce 6800gt 256mb GDDR3 videocard.

Here is a review of the game, apparently is the Cat's meow.

http://www.anandtech.com/news/shownews.aspx?i=22551

Nosuchsoul
07-16-04, 03:26 AM
I work at a gamestop in Arcadia, Ca and not that many people are pre-ordering it right now so you shoud be able to get yourself a copy fairly easily without pre-ordering. Here are the minimum system specs.

System Requirements:

Keep in mind the issue has an entire article dedicated to system requirements questions.

PC Gamer recommends:
2Ghz CPU
512 MB ram
Radeon 9800
5-channel audio

Lowest supported GPU is a Geforce 4 MX (worse than Geforce 3)
Supported cards:
GF 4 MX
GF 3
GF 4
GF FX (and higher)
ATI 8500s, 9000s and higher "
Isnt so bad, eh?

I do know that the price we have listed is $59.99 for the "regular" edition of the game. While this may change, I have no idea why they are charging ten more dollars than is standard for a PC game. ESPECIALLY since there are no royalties to be paid to anyone for the PC version. The console makers demand a cut of the action for games released on their systems. I hope they make the price more reasonable! :)

Warlock!
07-16-04, 07:14 AM
Dammit. Looks like I'm gonna hafta kick up the horsepower on the home 'puter. I'm sure my Athlon XP 1800+, Radeon 8500, and 512 meg of RAM ain't gonna cut it no mo'. It was gettin' pretty long in the tooth anyhow...

Warlock!