PDA

View Full Version : Speaking about Tracy...

TorontoWorker
07-12-04, 10:22 PM
Did you know the following: During his little 2 seater demo ride around the CNE he decided to check out how the track was holding up before the afternoon final qual session. He figured out that the 2 seater if driven hard, is around 5 seconds slower then his Lola. Sooo... the poor guy in the back seat not only got more then his 2 laps, he got four full on tire squealing laps so Tracy could figure out how the track was holding up.

I happened to be sitting at the wall with the head set on at lunch (we have to monitor the track even in downtime) and watched as the guy in the back looked like some rubber sex doll as he flopped all over the place. Lap one he was ok, but after lap 2 his head looked like a bobble doll in the back seat of a Buick RoadMaster wagon with bad shocks.

Then... starting lap 5 - Tracy has a mega spin in the two seater at corner one after cooking into the corner too fast, (from what I could hear). Then comes the news over the phones that made a piece of bun stick in my throat as I started laughing in mid bite. Over the net we hear an FYI that the passenger with Tracy when he spun was the CEO of... Molsons!

Bet he needed a few beers after that ride... :rofl:

Robstar
07-12-04, 10:27 PM
:laugh:

racer2c
Too funny! Well, that should put to rest any IRL/Molsons rumors that Fred Nation can think of. That CEO now has a cocktail party story for the rest of his life. :thumbup:

Railbird
how cool would that be?

Even if it was beatin' your *** to death you would have a great bar story .

Spicoli
07-12-04, 10:30 PM
Nice. :)

dando
07-12-04, 10:31 PM
LMAO!!!!! :rofl:

What I wouldn't give to have seen the look on that guy's face. One wonders if he hit the oh s**** button, or if he did, would PT have acknowledged it? :laugh:

-Kevin

Wally
07-12-04, 10:37 PM
PT is the only one we could count on for that bit of legend slaggers..... :laugh:
Thanks for the juice TW. :thumbup:

TorontoWorker
07-12-04, 10:51 PM
Something else sort of interesting if your into trivia:

All weekend we had been asking race control about the blue Ford Focus that was blasting around the track and sounding very un-four cyl like. Oh no, it's only a four banger with a few mod's. Like hell most of us thought. The ground shook - it was faster then the Mustangs. So on sunday after a few corners bugged Jimmy (Swintel) he admitted that there are two blue focus's. One is as they claim and it sounds it. The other... is a Euro Focus with REAR WHEEL DRIVE and a 4.9L V8 458HP super charged engine! You have to see and hear this thing - holy smoke your buddy with the corvette Bat Man!

Seems Ford doesn't want to let too many people in one this. I don't know why? This thing rocks. The power to weight ratio, the six speed, the big tires, the low weight, rear wheel drive - gee who would want to buy THAT?? :rolleyes: And it sounds so nasty - none of that Honda Civic with the big muffler SK8erBoi thing going on here. Serious heart problems for your insurance dude mode type car. I want one!

Joelski
07-13-04, 01:27 AM
Something else sort of interesting if your into trivia:

All weekend we had been asking race control about the blue Ford Focus that was blasting around the track and sounding very un-four cyl like. Oh no, it's only a four banger with a few mod's. Like hell most of us thought. The ground shook - it was faster then the Mustangs. So on sunday after a few corners bugged Jimmy (Swintel) he admitted that there are two blue focus's. One is as they claim and it sounds it. The other... is a Euro Focus with REAR WHEEL DRIVE and a 4.9L V8 458HP super charged engine! You have to see and hear this thing - holy smoke your buddy with the corvette Bat Man!

Seems Ford doesn't want to let too many people in one this. I don't know why? This thing rocks. The power to weight ratio, the six speed, the big tires, the low weight, rear wheel drive - gee who would want to buy THAT?? :rolleyes: And it sounds so nasty - none of that Honda Civic with the big muffler SK8erBoi thing going on here. Serious heart problems for your insurance dude mode type car. I want one!

That thing is an RS-8 concept car built by ford and McLaren Racing Technologies. It's based around the 5.0 liter "Cammer" crate engine making 425 HP and 370 ft. lbs of torque, and is normally aspirated. It sat out all weekend at Cleveland, and I got tons of pictures. Yes, I want one too.

nrc
07-13-04, 01:54 AM
I suppose it's a good sign if the Molson exec didn't hit the chicken button. :)

Here are some pics and info on the Focus RS8. I love the fact that in age where some folks are impressed by coffee can tail pipe tips this monster just has holes in the bumper. :)

http://www.maximum-cars.com/Cars/Car.php?carnumber=509

SteveH
07-13-04, 02:03 AM
I wonder if the ride w/ PT was part a negotiating tactic? :gomer:

Taken from SpeedTV.com

LONG TERM DEAL BETWEEN CHAMP CAR AND MOLSON NEAR

Although nobody will comment about the particulars, it appears likely that Champ Car and Molson Sports and Entertainment - promoter of the Toronto, Vancouver and Montreal Champ Car races – are close to inking a deal that will insure Champ Car's presence at the three Canadian tracks for the next five years, although the Vancouver event is in some question long-term, given the fact that the site of the race is scheduled for heavy construction for the upcoming 2008 Winter Olympics.

Chiphead_Dave
07-13-04, 12:22 PM
LMAO!!!!! :rofl:

What I wouldn't give to have seen the look on that guy's face. One wonders if he hit the oh s**** button, or if he did, would PT have acknowledged it? :laugh:

-Kevin

IMHO if you get a ride like this and you don't want to hit the button you are not letting the driver try hard enough.

When I was in the USAF I got 2 incentive rides. 1 in an A-7 and 1 in an F-16. Before both take offs I told the pilot that he couldn't make me puke. I puked both times. But I was puking through the biggest grin on man or beast.

RichK
07-13-04, 12:47 PM
I suppose it's a good sign if the Molson exec didn't hit the chicken button. :)

Here are some pics and info on the Focus RS8. I love the fact that in age where some folks are impressed by coffee can tail pipe tips this monster just has holes in the bumper. :)

http://www.maximum-cars.com/Cars/Car.php?carnumber=509

If Ford ever sells that car, it will be my first American car purchase ever. Awesome!

Sean O'Gorman
07-13-04, 01:04 PM
If Ford ever sells that car, it will be my first American car purchase ever. Awesome!

They'd never make it, for the same reason you'd never see a 300 hp AWD Focus that could challenge the STi or Evo...they don't want it to be faster than the Mustang.

You could, however, build your own. I don't know how well it would turn out though.