PDA

View Full Version : Kimi!

Railbird
07-10-04, 10:08 AM
Light fuel load be damned it's good to see a shake up at the sharp end of the field.

Opposite Lock
07-10-04, 10:10 AM
commentators: "The good news is Kimi has the pole... the bad news is now we have to listen to him in the interview room." :rofl:

Cam
07-10-04, 10:12 AM
Light fuel load be damned it's good to see a shake up at the sharp end of the field.

Guess who's a happy happy boy this morning! :D Good to see my Mac's finally being competitive again, and good to see boyband split the red cars. Should be an interesting start in the morning. :thumbup:

Dirty Sanchez
07-10-04, 10:13 AM
Nice lap. Good to see a smile from him.

Williams are now the 5th best team on the grid. Let's hope Jesus Villeneuve can save them. :)

Spicoli
07-10-04, 10:13 AM
Congrats. good to see McLaren back up top. :thumbup:

JT265
07-10-04, 10:17 AM
Cool. Way cool. For those of you that can't speak Finnish, that would translate as er,um, mumble, growl, <unintelligable>, Mika, mumble, er,um, mumble, growl, <unintelligable>, Mika, mumble, er,um, mumble, growl, <unintelligable>, Mika, mumble, er,um, mumble, growl, <unintelligable>, Mika, mumble, er,um, mumble, growl, <unintelligable>, Mika, mumble, mumble.

:thumbup:

Cam
07-10-04, 10:19 AM
commentators: "The good news is Kimi has the pole... the bad news is now we have to listen to him in the interview room." :rofl:

Hey that was a very talkative Kimi for a change! I think that was the most he has said in all of his interviews combined! ;)

Railbird
07-10-04, 10:22 AM
Yep

For Kimi that's about as bubbly as it gets.

pchall
07-10-04, 12:26 PM
Guess who's a happy happy boy this morning! :D Good to see my Mac's finally being competitive again, and good to see boyband split the red cars. Should be an interesting start in the morning. :thumbup:

Real Macs are orange and have little kiwis on the side. ;)

Dr. Corkski
07-10-04, 08:51 PM
Nice lap. Good to see a smile from him.

Williams are now the 5th best team on the grid. Let's hope Jesus Villeneuve can save them. :)Now you know he is only going to try when he has a winning car. His fans said so. ;)

Jervis Tetch 1
07-10-04, 08:53 PM
The world's normal at least for today. The McLaren's are back on top.

Kimi, and I do like him however is as 'bout as colorful as a glass of water.

Cam
07-11-04, 04:49 PM
The driver with the biggest smile today was JPM..... :gomer:

murph
07-11-04, 05:08 PM
The driver with the biggest smile today was JPM..... :gomer:

ya got that right, Cam.......that move to McLaren doesn't look too bad these days........

Murph

Dr. Corkski
07-11-04, 05:20 PM
The driver with the biggest smile today was JPM..... :gomer:Considering that he will get his arse handed to him by Kimi next year, I doubt it. ;)

Rogue Leader
07-11-04, 06:36 PM
Considering that he will get his arse handed to him by Kimi next year, I doubt it. ;)

While I'm a ferrari fan It will be nice to see those two take it to the boys in Red....

Methanolandbrats
07-11-04, 08:14 PM
The driver with the biggest smile today was JPM..... :gomer: I'll bet. Next year he'll go faster before he crashes.

Ruben Barrios
07-11-04, 09:12 PM
What a drive by Kimi, what a drive by MS too.

Next year is going to be so great!!!

Kimmi/JPM on that new McLaren!!! wow!!

oddlycalm
07-12-04, 05:00 PM
Nice to see McLaren rebound. They gave Ferrari something to think about today. I hope it continues and that they can keep pace with the 05 Ferrari.

Now Williams becomes the giant question mark on the grid. No driver lineup announced for next year, the lame 2004 effort, and BMW once again openly considering going forward on their own due to Williams failures.

oc

Hard Driver
07-12-04, 06:33 PM
Good for F1.

Nice to see McLaren back.

I am really looking forward to seeing JPM and Kimi together. I think that David is OK, but not a real measure to see if Kimi is that good. David has been beaten by his teammate for years. So seeing JPM there will be REAL interesting.

ilferrari
07-13-04, 08:10 PM
Good for F1.

Nice to see McLaren back.

I am really looking forward to seeing JPM and Kimi together. I think that David is OK, but not a real measure to see if Kimi is that good. David has been beaten by his teammate for years. So seeing JPM there will be REAL interesting.

Getting his butt kicked by Kimi won't be good for obi-Juan's "broken" head

Railbird
07-13-04, 08:18 PM
Kimi might be just the challenge "Juan the Impaler" needs to kick off the cheeseburgers and get his chubby butt back in gear.

solpadeine
07-22-04, 11:09 AM
While I was in Finland during the French GP, I got to watch the Finnish post-race coverage (missed the GP)--all three hours of it!! They dissect all the passes on the track, those you saw and those you missed. What I was waiting patiently to hear though, was the post-race interviews with Kimi. Now that I've got a limited grasp on Finnish I was determined to determine if Kimi's preceived two-dimensionality was down to the language barrier. What were my findings? Well, first off, most Finns tend to sound like Kimi. They're big on monotone. When he finally came on, I got about the same vibe from the Finnish interview as the English ones. Unfortunately I was travelling during the British GP and by the time I saw coverage I was in London. I have a feeling there would have been a lot more feeling out of him after that one.

RTKar
07-25-04, 08:33 AM
Nice steering wheel toss...so much for Kimi's layed back personality...

TurboTodd
07-25-04, 08:38 AM

Least he tossed it back into the car..

Backing a car into the tire barrier at what, around 120 by the time he hit, might have an effect on your personality.

TedN
07-25-04, 12:35 PM
You should have heard his interview with ITV's Louise Goodman in the garage after the shunt. He was seriously pissed and was very blunt in his responses.

BTW, the other ITV pit reported was in the McLaren garage when Kimi had his off. He immediately took a look at the rear wing of the spare car and noted that the part that flew off was a bonded part, not screwed.

Wonder if this is the case with all F1 cars?

Ted

Sean O'Gorman
07-25-04, 10:18 PM
I'm watching the race right now, and saw the accident. Wow, no excuse for that.

And did Varsha just call him Haikkonen?

Rogue Leader
07-25-04, 10:18 PM
If I was Kimi i would have kicked a hole in the side of that heap while I was at it. Poor guy gets stuck with some real crap this season. Luckily this crap which could have killed him, didn't.

Rogue Leader
07-25-04, 10:19 PM

yeah i heard that too

Robstar
07-25-04, 10:24 PM

$40,000 steering wheel according to Martin Brundle on ITV... :eek:

Dr. Corkski
07-26-04, 12:59 AM
$40k would be nothing to Uncle Ron as long as he can keep his Finnish boy toy happy.

Michaelhatesfans
07-26-04, 02:19 AM
I caught that as well. :)
But I think Varsha was seething at the reaction of some of Schumi's fans as Kimi was careening helplessly toward the wall at high speed. In my book, Varsha got bonus points for calling them out.

4wheeldrifter
07-26-04, 07:35 AM
I caught that as well. :)
But I think Varsha was seething at the reaction of some of Schumi's fans as Kimi was careening helplessly toward the wall at high speed. In my book, Varsha got bonus points for calling them out.

Maybe some of the same nice folks who were screaming obscenities at Lance Armstrong during the TT's. I guess every country has its idiots. :thumdown:

ilferrari
07-26-04, 03:02 PM
They did the same thing 9 years ago when Hill spun into the wall at the old Hockenheim. The only place I've seen people cheering at wrecks apart from in the USA is Germany.

Dr. Corkski
07-26-04, 04:21 PM
They did the same thing 9 years ago when Hill spun into the wall at the old Hockenheim. The only place I've seen people cheering at wrecks apart from in the USA is Germany.Since when did Germany annex Silverstone? :shakehead

Michaelhatesfans
07-26-04, 05:06 PM
Since when did Germany annex Silverstone? :shakehead
It's pathetic no matter who does it, as far as I'm concerned.

oddlycalm
07-26-04, 05:25 PM
Any bets on when Kimi will reach the breaking point with McClaren and it's various blunders? Aside from the monotone and the temper flare ups in the moment, there has to be a growing cumulative level of frustration and a sense that the clock is ticking while this team oafs around in first gear.

oc

JT265
07-26-04, 05:34 PM

IIRC, the last attempt was around June, 1944. You may wanna ask someone that was around in those days like Devilmaster who may correct me on my dates.

<j/k Stevie> :D

devilmaster
07-26-04, 05:52 PM
IIRC, the last attempt was around June, 1944. You may wanna ask someone that was around in those days like Devilmaster who may correct me on my dates.

I'm old?!?!?? Hell, the love child you had with Vic Rauter is older than me, JT. :p

Steve

JT265
07-26-04, 06:03 PM
I'm old?!?!?? Hell, the love child you had with Vic Rauter is older than me, JT. :p

Steve

Man, that's COLD!

Gerry Donaldson maybe, but Vic Rauter?!?!?!?!?!?!?

OH MY!!!!!!

Of course, if I haveta listen to Chris McClure speak of "the cereal" one more time I could quite possibly hurl.

Does anybody know what kind of "cereal" he's talking aboot?

:D

devilmaster
07-26-04, 06:11 PM
Man, that's COLD!

Gerry Donaldson maybe, but Vic Rauter?!?!?!?!?!?!?

I thought you said Donaldson was running the video camera.......

Steve

Michaelhatesfans
07-26-04, 06:23 PM

That one started in '39, but I REALLLLLLLLY don't want to go down that road! Truebrit?

ilferrari
07-27-04, 04:32 PM

Example?

mason
07-28-04, 12:06 AM
Nasty fans are everywhere.

I'll raise my arms in celebration, when a rival gaining on my man, makes a mistake. I guess I'd prefer a slower corner, or just one of those 360's and then back on the track 12 seconds behind. Nevertheless my reaction is, hoorah! McLaren effed up! ****, I hope that doesn't hurt too bad.......

Kimi's fine and except for that unfinnish display of emotion (I guess a wreck like that will do that) he's got to be ecstatic!! He's the fastest man on the track! It's a trend!

All this talk about next year. The exciting time will be the next few races. Are the Mc's for real? It looks like it.