PDA

View Full Version : Carlos Boozer (oh, and another eff you to "That school up north")

Racing Truth
07-09-04, 07:35 PM
I'll assume most of heard about this disgraceful situation. Boozer had an agreement with the Cavaliers that if they opted out of the final year of his rookie contract, he would sign a 6-yr., $42 mil. extension with the team.

To do that, of course, Boozer had to become a restricted free agent. No big deal. There was a handshake agreement that Boozer would come back, and we all thought Carlos could be trusted.

Well, a not-so funny thing has happened. Boozer went back on his word and will bolt for Utah for more Benjamins. :flame: :flame: :flame:

Carlos, you don't understand this right now, but you have ruined things for current and future players, yourself included. From now on, no team in their right mind will do ANY player a favor UNLESS they are 110% confident that it won't backfire on them. Long-term, you have poisoned the well in player-management relations b/c any semblance of trust is now gone.

Congratulations you two-faced snake. Enjoy the exciting social life in Utah. :mad:

As for "That school up north," take a wild guess who Boozer's agent is. That's right, former Michigan guard Rob Pelinka. Once again, fans in the Buckeye state get screwed, in part, by a Wolverine.

Sean O'Gorman
07-09-04, 09:29 PM
I saw on the news too that his old landlord wants to sue him because he stole the washer and dryer or something. :laugh:

IlliniRacer
07-09-04, 09:46 PM
I wonder if The Great Coach K taught him those values? I'm sure Jay BIAS or Dickie V could explain it if they weren't busy on the screenplay for Passion of The Krzyzewski.

At least the Buckeyes made a great choice with Matta. I grew up playing against Thad, or should I say, getting my a$$ handed to me by Thad. He's a great guy who's dream has always been to coach in the Big Ten. A big :thumbup: to the former "Cornjerker".

Ankf00
07-09-04, 09:59 PM
ppl watch the NBA still? :confused:

(token big 10 potshot for the week) anywho, maybe the big 10 can soon delay the basketball season like they're trying to do to the baseball season to help themselves out :D

4wheeldrifter
07-13-04, 07:21 AM
I for one could care less about the NBA but I'm always in for an "eff that school up north". Put me down for two. :thumbup: ;)

JoeBob
07-13-04, 09:50 AM
http://www.mgoblue.com/images/football/03-04/osu/12.jpg

devilmaster
07-13-04, 12:11 PM
As for "That school up north," take a wild guess who Boozer's agent is. That's right, former Michigan guard Rob Pelinka. Once again, fans in the Buckeye state get screwed, in part, by a Wolverine.

Sports news had it last night that his agent resigned over the whole situation.....

Steve

dando
07-13-04, 10:24 PM
JB, enjoy it while you can...need I remind you of the Oregon game last year, or perhaps the Rose Bowl. :) <60 days until the college foosball season starts. I can't wait.

Back on topic....while it's refreshing to see a team try to do the right thing, this situation just reinforces what $$$ grubbers pro atheletes are these daze. I'll take college sports over pro any day of the week.

-Kevin

dando
07-13-04, 10:40 PM
ppl watch the NBA still? :confused:

(token big 10 potshot for the week) anywho, maybe the big 10 can soon delay the basketball season like they're trying to do to the baseball season to help themselves out :D

Ank, unfortunately more folks watch the NBA than the NHL (not moi).

re: your Big 10 shot....no worries. Just when did the last Big 12 team win a men's NCAA basketball championship? (hint: Nolan Richardson was coach) ;) Now come back and discuss when yer shLonghorns quit choking. :D

-Kevin

Ed_Severson
07-14-04, 01:26 AM
I hope you aren't referring to Arkansas there ... they're in the SEC, not the Big 12.

Racing Truth
07-14-04, 02:42 PM
Sports news had it last night that his agent resigned over the whole situation.....

Steve

Yeah, that shows a shred (just that) of integrity on the agent's part. Boozer now says that there was never an agreement, and that he was "shocked" when the Cavs opted out of his contract. If that were true, I highly doubt that Pelinka would resign.

JB: Tressel's still 2-1 against you, and its in our house this year. :thumbup:

SAdair
07-14-04, 02:58 PM
We are talking about a guy who left college early to go chase after the $ in the NBA. The Cavs should have know better than to trust 'Loozer'.

I am a Duke fan, and I never liked this guy.

Ankf00
07-14-04, 03:16 PM
Ank, unfortunately more folks watch the NBA than the NHL (not moi).

re: your Big 10 shot....no worries. Just when did the last Big 12 team win a men's NCAA basketball championship? (hint: Nolan Richardson was coach) ;) Now come back and discuss when yer shLonghorns quit choking. :D

-Kevin
1. what ed said

2. your guys need to quit bitching and crying and build some domes if you wanna play baseball, now that it's finally a $ sport the NCAA should bend over backwards and delay the season until april for a conference that never cared for it? you hear anyone down south whining to the NCAA about not being able to play hockey because of a lack of that thing called "winter" ? :gomer: :p

3. schlonghorns can choke all they want damnit, they're texas, it's what they do best.

Sean O'Gorman
03-18-07, 12:10 AM
HA

devilmaster
03-18-07, 12:53 AM
HA

a 2 and a half year old thread.... and that was your post? :confused:

Sean O'Gorman
03-18-07, 01:06 AM
It was very relevant tonight. I was just surprised that there were so many fans who were still upset over Boozer. The Cavs are doing much better these days and don't really need him. I figured everyone forgot by now.

RHR_Fan
03-18-07, 09:27 AM
I didn't even realize this post was 2 1/2 years old. :o I'm just smart like that.

Stu
03-18-07, 09:37 AM
It was very relevant tonight. I was just surprised that there were so many fans who were still upset over Boozer. The Cavs are doing much better these days and don't really need him. I figured everyone forgot by now.

As good as the Cavs are playing right now, they would probably be leading the East if they had a healthy Boozer instead of Drew Gooden.

cameraman
03-18-07, 11:22 PM
If any of the clowns booing Boozer had looked at his performance for the Jazz they would be thanking their lucky stars that he is gone.

Racing Truth
03-19-07, 07:52 PM
If any of the clowns booing Boozer had looked at his performance for the Jazz they would be thanking their lucky stars that he is gone.

Wow, forgot about this thread.:eek:

Gotta agree w/ Stu though. Numbers wise, Boozer outdoes Gooden, and, of course, half the time Gooden mentally checks out.:shakehead That said, Boozer can't stay healthy, so...