PDA

View Full Version : See Geddy Jump

KaBoom21
07-09-04, 02:22 PM
Not bad for an oldster:

http://www.rush.com/php/media/tour/stage_wide426.jpg

racer2c
07-09-04, 02:36 PM
And he's doing his laundry on stage! Woah!

indyfan31
07-09-04, 02:40 PM
Peart's gone to a single bass?

Dave99
07-09-04, 03:18 PM
Prolly using a double-pedal. Gotta make room for all that brass hardware. :)

indyfan31
07-09-04, 05:12 PM
Are my eyes going south? Or are the washer and dryer "mic'ed"?

JohnHKart
07-09-04, 06:26 PM
Great band, great songs, and great musicians, but the show I saw in Sept 2002 was the most sweatless, souless show I've seen lately. I guess my needs have changed as I've gotten older. I need more emotion and heart from my music these days. All the hard rock and rock I like these days has that, but Rush doesn't.

John

dando
07-09-04, 07:47 PM
Great band, great songs, and great musicians, but the show I saw in Sept 2002 was the most sweatless, souless show I've seen lately. I guess my needs have changed as I've gotten older. I need more emotion and heart from my music these days. All the hard rock and rock I like these days has that, but Rush doesn't.

John
Yup. Saw 'em last year, and the show just didn't have any emotion. I was drinking coffee by the end of the evening to stay awake. I see they still have the laundry machines on stage....just before the encore they pull out the clothes and toss them to the fans. Just seems kinda useless to me.

Caught Van Hagar the other night. Not a bad show, but far from their best. Eddie was jumping just as high as Geddy, but the fool was still smoking on stage. :shakehead

Neither of these groups even holds a candle to the energy experienced @ The Who show two years ago. Those old guys kicked some serious @ss!

-Kevin

Winston Wolfe
07-09-04, 11:57 PM

John

JHK, I have to agree with you on the 2002 show. I saw them at Irvine Meadows in Sept '02 w\ my bro.... just bought some tix at the last minute in the lot. Show was "tame".

However, I saw 'em on Tues nite at the "newly renovated" Hollywood Bowl, and I must say, they look older, but I thought the show pretty much ROCKED.

The show lasted just over 3 hours, and they took a 15 minute break in the middle of it all.... Cool drum solo from Mssr Peart, as usual, and they did "Summertime Blues", as well as "Crossroads" which definitely rocked. Overall, I was impressed, much more so than back in '02.

I will also be seeing them again, with my brother, at Irvine Meadows once again, on Wednesday the 14th. Lookin' forward to it ! :thumbup:

JohnHKart
07-10-04, 06:06 AM
In 2002 it was at Staples Center in LA, and another thing about the show is the sound was just horrible, but I think that was down to the Venue.

John