PDA

View Full Version : Petition regarding Race Director?

molive
07-09-04, 12:36 PM
I was wondering if they could keep at least the live timing/commentary free, as it was in the past, and charge only for the bandwidth-hungry video and audio feeds?

People who, like me, work on computers behind firewalls which prevents them from getting video feed, would be grateful. :p

I miss the live info while I'm at work (I havent bought Director because Im currently withou DSL at home and my work connection wont allow video feed).

:(

Fitti Fan
07-09-04, 01:09 PM
That would be nice. I was a little bummed in that I finally decided to do the free trial, like two days later they started charging. So much for MY free trial.

Mar

cartgal
07-09-04, 02:02 PM
I'd go for it -- I can't manage to scrape up the extra $$ for RaceDirector this year, but sure miss the timing.....

pchall
07-09-04, 02:27 PM
I popped for Race Director just to get the T&S.

mexican
07-09-04, 02:32 PM
yes, and IMO, I think it is worth it as a fan to pony up your buck-whatever per race, even if you can't watch the video at all times. A little bit of a "put your money where your mouth is" scenario. :D

I was lucky when the Portland race wasn't broadcast live in Mexico. I had subscribed to RD minutes earlier!

indyfan31
07-09-04, 02:44 PM
I don't mind paying for the service. As soon as it works on my PowerBook, I'll "pony up" my buck whatever. Now there's a pettition I'll sign.

manic mechanic
07-09-04, 10:11 PM
free or not, streaming video plays he!! with a dialup connection (YES...SOME of us don't have broadband...yet).

I'd even pony up some $$ (on an annual basis) for the live T&S if they offered it without the stuff that bogs my system.

RD is beginning to remind me of when Quokka took over at CART.com...Back then, they expected everyone to have a PIII and a gig of ram!

manic

Clown
07-09-04, 11:48 PM
Just watch the free live YokeTV stream.... :)

Amanda B.'s Mom
07-10-04, 12:47 AM
I definately miss the timing and the audio. Cannot get most races on TV even. Hve to rely on internet updates to learn what is happening during races.

Steve99
07-10-04, 02:18 PM
I definately miss the timing and the audio. Cannot get most races on TV even. Hve to rely on internet updates to learn what is happening during races.

You can't get Spike?

Dirty Sanchez
07-10-04, 03:00 PM
Skip. Not spending a dime for something we should be getting for free. Total scam, imo. :thumdown:

molive
07-12-04, 10:45 AM
Well, its done, I hope someone signs up for it:

http://www.petitiononline.com/liverace/petition.html

:)

nz_climber
07-12-04, 03:53 PM
Well, its done, I hope someone signs up for it:

http://www.petitiononline.com/liverace/petition.html

:)

done :thumbup:

FanofMario
07-12-04, 04:56 PM
I'm number 6! Race Director is outstanding for the series. But we need to regrow a fan base. Free live timing and scoring would go a long way to help rebuild that base.

molive
07-14-04, 09:25 AM
I'm number 6! Race Director is outstanding for the series. But we need to regrow a fan base. Free live timing and scoring would go a long way to help rebuild that base.

Thats exactly what I think. :thumbup:

RaceGrrl
07-14-04, 09:31 AM
We have a high speed net connection at work, but I don't think my boss would appreciate me watching race coverage while I'm supposed to be working. At the very least, T&S should be free.

Railbird
07-14-04, 09:36 AM
I agree

I've got RD but this time of year I'm on the road a lot and my ancient laptop on a motel dial-up doesn't cut it.

goldpanracing
07-14-04, 06:33 PM
i agree live t & s should be free we need more fans

molive
07-15-04, 01:37 PM
Only 14 sigs so far! C'mom people we can do better than that! :flame: :)

PopOffValve
07-16-04, 03:56 PM
I agree that not having the live timing things is absolutely ridiculous. With the series in a turmoil of sorts, you would think offereing the live timing would lead to better exposure of the sport...