PDA

View Full Version : Magny-Cours pics uploaded!

Dirty Sanchez
07-08-04, 10:18 PM
My biggest and baddest gallery yet. 12 pages of pics... enjoy. :thumbup:

Click on Nick or use this linkage (http://www.speedgeezers.com/gallery/view_album.php?set_albumName=album61)

http://www.speedgeezers.com/albums/album61/11_G.jpg (http://www.speedgeezers.com/gallery/view_album.php?set_albumName=album61)

SteveH
07-08-04, 10:28 PM
Very nice, Mr. Crapus. Looks like your friend Rob is a fine upstanding young man. :thumbup:

Rogue Leader
07-08-04, 10:42 PM
great pics!

Cam
07-08-04, 10:44 PM
WOW J!!!! Thats awsome! :thumbup:

murph
07-08-04, 11:09 PM
wow....nice pics!!! What size lenses & teleconverters were you using? Did you have the "run" of the various spectators areas on Friday? What restrictions did ya face during the weekend? Your seats for the race were pretty damn good......great view of the chicane, finish line, pits, and podium.......

Sorry for all the questions....but the only f1 races I've taken pics at have been the North American races....the Glen, Mosport Park, Detroit, Monreal (before one lost most access to the good areas), and now at Indy. I'm going to Spa this year and needless to say I'm more than a little bit "psyched". Again...I really enjoyed your pics

Murph

Michaelhatesfans
07-08-04, 11:17 PM
:eek:
Awesome!!! Beats the hell out of my fence shots! :D
That camera must have a lense the size of a howitzer.

RaceGrrl
07-09-04, 12:38 AM
Amazing pics. Thanks Jamie! :thumbup:

Spicoli
07-09-04, 12:46 AM
I'm going to Spa this year and .....

believe it or not - so is Jamie.

Dick. :p

(him - not you)

FCYTravis
07-09-04, 01:25 AM
Damn Jamie. You outdid yourself this time :thumbup:

Can't wait to see more!

RTKar
07-09-04, 08:21 AM
Excellent stuff, when you can almost feel and hear the shots, you know they're good. I especially liked the Jag rain shot from behind. As I watched quals and saw what the weather was like, I thought of you guys, thinking it wouldn't be too much fun sitting in that crap but rain shots are so cool...outstanding pics , thanks for sharing.

Dirty Sanchez
07-09-04, 10:13 AM
Thanks for the comments, everyone. :)

All of my shots were taken with a borrowed ;) Canon Digital Rebel SLR with a <$300 75-300 zoom lense that I purchased just before the trip. I regret not bringing the wide angle for candids. I will have it for my Spa trip for sure.

On Friday the track was essentially GA... except for at least one stand, (Tribune L) near Adelaide. The track folds in on itself nicely so it is really easy to move around and see the entire track. The rain sort of limited us and limited the ontrack action. This will be difficult in Spa as its very spread out. Saturday and Sunday we were limited to our section (Tribune B) which turned out to be an incredible spot, imo. Say what you want about chicanes from a racing perspective... from a photography point of view they are pure magic. You can remain stationary and get so many different angles/perspectives of the cars.

Regarding Spa: murph I would love to hook up. This is my second time to the track... first time was in 1999 and it was my very first F1 race. I've learned a lot since then. ;) In 99 I was only there for 2 days on a bronze GA ticket and the experience was so overwhelming. I can't wait to go back. This time around will be there all 3 days... and we are going to :gasp: camp near the track. My seats are somewhere in Gold 2-Eau Rouge (where else?!)

I very much want to see Pouhon with my own eyes... missed out last time. Bus Stop is a very good spot for photography, I think. It is revised this year so that might be an interesting spot. Eau Rouge is always interesting... it is unbelievable to see in person.

I could go on an on...

Respond to this thread or drop me a PM and we'll see what we can work out. Cheers :thumbup:

Michaelhatesfans
07-09-04, 11:39 AM
Regarding Spa: murph I would love to hook up. This is my second time to the track... first time was in 1999 and it was my very first F1 race. I've learned a lot since then. ;) In 99 I was only there for 2 days on a bronze GA ticket and the experience was so overwhelming. I can't wait to go back. This time around will be there all 3 days... and we are going to :gasp: camp near the track. My seats are somewhere in Gold 2-Eau Rouge (where else?!)

I very much want to see Pouhon with my own eyes... missed out last time. Bus Stop is a very good spot for photography, I think. It is revised this year so that might be an interesting spot. Eau Rouge is always interesting... it is unbelievable to see in person.
Spa is awesome in person, indeed! As you've been before and have three days to explore I won't give you too much advice. But as for camping near Spa... we camped in the parking lot outside of the run from Les Combes to Rivage. Many Germans. Much Beer. Unbelievable supplies of fireworks. Sleep well!
:eek: :laugh: :eek: