PDA

View Full Version : Toronto Molson Indy

jonovision_man
07-08-04, 03:35 PM
Happenned to pick up the Toronto Sun, it has a 72 (!) page pull-out section about this weekend's race!

There's still a story about every driver in the field, a spotters guide, and a bunch on the technology, etc. And a lot of advertising. :)

Molson does it right. :thumbup: They manage to get a ridiculous amount of attention for this race.

Looking forward to it.

Lizzerd
07-08-04, 05:43 PM
72 freaking pages? Yikes... that's more than the Indianapolis Scar gives to the fiasco in May. Combined. All month.

jonovision_man
07-08-04, 08:52 PM
All sorts of goodies in this article:
Toronto Star Article (http://www.thestar.com/NASApp/cs/ContentServer?pagename=thestar/Layout/Article_Type1&c=Article&cid=1089151811052&call_pageid=968867503640&col=970081593064)

"The idea of having just an American championship to me is terribly closed-minded," said Paul Gentilozzi, who along with Kevin Kalkhoven and Gerry Forsythe purchased the assets of bankrupt CART in February. "We cross borders now without thinking about it. And we don't have the same sense of nationalism in our sports as we used to have."

Americans don't have the same sense of nationalism in their sports? Is he serious???

redmist
07-08-04, 08:57 PM
All sorts of goodies in this article:
Toronto Star Article (http://www.thestar.com/NASApp/cs/ContentServer?pagename=thestar/Layout/Article_Type1&c=Article&cid=1089151811052&call_pageid=968867503640&col=970081593064)

"The idea of having just an American championship to me is terribly closed-minded," said Paul Gentilozzi, who along with Kevin Kalkhoven and Gerry Forsythe purchased the assets of bankrupt CART in February. "We cross borders now without thinking about it. And we don't have the same sense of nationalism in our sports as we used to have."

Americans don't have the same sense of nationalism in their sports? Is he serious???
makes sense to me, look at all the europeans in the nba, or latin americans in mlb.

Chaos
07-08-04, 09:27 PM
makes sense to me, look at all the europeans in the nba, or latin americans in mlb.

true, but all the teams are in North America.

Twisty Bits
07-08-04, 09:51 PM
Happenned to pick up the Toronto Sun, it has a 72 (!) page pull-out section about this weekend's race!

There's still a story about every driver in the field, a spotters guide, and a bunch on the technology, etc. And a lot of advertising. :)

Molson does it right. :thumbup: They manage to get a ridiculous amount of attention for this race.

Looking forward to it.

:thumbup: :thumbup: