PDA

View Full Version : SoCal @ LVMS

Dave99
07-07-04, 04:33 PM
If any of SoCal contingent thinks they may want to party together up in the Earnhardt Terrace, please sign-up below.

I've ordered a block of 4 tickets but can add (or subtract) from that accordingly.

Who's in? Anyone else? Bueller?

Anteater
07-08-04, 10:05 AM
Mr. Anteater may be interested. Can you post details or send me a PM, Dave? :cool:

Dave99
07-09-04, 08:55 PM
Anteater, at this point all I know is reserved tickets for the Earnhardt Terrace are $61.50 and General Admission tickets are $51.50. I ordered a block of four for the Earnhardt Terrace thinking perhaps some of the SoCal'ers would like to sit together in relative luxury. I can add to that order if I need to but so far you are the only response.

Maybe people are thinking of buying General Admission tickets which would allow them to buy at the last minute but still sit together anywhere except the Earnhardt Terrace.

At this point I'm thinking of canceling my ticket order of 4 and just order 1 GA ticket for $10 less and sit with the truck fans. :gomer:

manic mechanic
07-09-04, 10:01 PM
Dave,

I didn't respond (until now) because I'm working on the hotel gig..And the simple fact that Mrs. Manic may or may not want to be at the track (it is Vegas, ferr cri-yiyy!)

I'm ready to make a call to LVMS myself..not just for tickets, but for a few "perks"...not just for me!

Don't give up those "box seats" just yet.

manic

Mark521
07-09-04, 10:50 PM
Dave99,

IIRC we met at a 7thGear dinner in Denver. I'm seriously considering making the trip, but I need to rearrange my work schedule. I should know within the next week. While my lovely wife will be joining me for the trip, she's already opted out of the race activities. At a minimum we should meet up for dinner/drinks/etc.

ANAYA YATES
07-10-04, 11:34 AM
Dave,

We are working on some ideas for Vegas. I will call you with details.

Still need to chat with you about Laguna Seca

ANAYA YATES

CARTNUT
07-10-04, 01:21 PM
We're really hoping to be able to make this event. I just wish it wasn't so close to Laguna Seca. I will find out this week and let you know Dave.

'NUT :confused:

RaceCat
07-12-04, 01:50 PM
My September is packed with something involving travel every weekend.....except this one. I'm checking with Hubby to see if we might be able to do this too. Stay tuned I'll post when I know more. :D

RaceCat

Oh, Where's everyone staying????

CARTNUT
07-12-04, 10:35 PM
DAVID, DAVID!!

Can you add to your ticket order? Jer & I will be there! Just made hotel reservations. Wanted to fly but no cheap Southwest flights available. So we'll prolly head out Thurs night & stay o/n in Primm(Stateline.) I HATE driving to Vegas on the weekend!
Let me know,

'NUT :gomer:

dirtyboy
07-12-04, 11:15 PM
Can someone please give me some information on the Earnhardt Terrace? What exactly are you getting with those tickets? Is it inside some type of air-conditioned suite? Are they just seats higher up? If I can make it I it will be only for Saturday night, not Friday, thus I don’t want to buy Friday tickets if not necessary.

JoeBob
07-13-04, 12:01 AM
I suspect that ChampCar gets a cut of tickets sold in the Earnhardt Terrace. Those "special tickets" were announced when the race was announced.

Dave99
07-13-04, 12:15 AM
Can someone please give me some information on the Earnhardt Terrace? What exactly are you getting with those tickets? Is it inside some type of air-conditioned suite? Are they just seats higher up? If I can make it I it will be only for Saturday night, not Friday, thus I don’t want to buy Friday tickets if not necessary.
http://www.offcamber.net/forums/showthread.php?t=5019

Scroll down to post #7

FCYTravis
07-13-04, 12:16 AM
I'll be in Ohio for the Runoffs that weekend :(

dirtyboy
07-13-04, 12:38 AM
http://www.offcamber.net/forums/showthread.php?t=5019

Scroll down to post #7

Thanks

Brickman
07-13-04, 11:26 AM
It's almost like who isn't going than who is. Be there or be square. ;)

Sean O'Gorman
07-13-04, 11:41 AM
I'll be in Ohio for the Runoffs that weekend :(

Yeah, boohoo, the awful Runoffs, who would want to watch 24 races instead of 1? :cry: ;)

CART License
07-14-04, 04:16 AM
Were in, any news on the year end banquet?

JoeBob
07-14-04, 01:59 PM
From LVMS.com:

Las Vegas Motor Speedway has the perfect ticket for the Champ Car fanatic. A special ticket which includes a seat in the new Earnhardt Terrace and a pass to the Champ Car paddock is available for $61.50. An added bonus is the Las Vegas 350 NASCAR Craftsman Truck Series race. But only fans buying the Champ Car Fanatic Package will have access to the paddock area. This paddock pass also will be good for practice and qualifying on Friday.

FCYTravis
07-14-04, 02:04 PM
Yeah, boohoo, the awful Runoffs, who would want to watch 24 races instead of 1? :cry: ;)
Actually, I'd still pick Champ Cars at Vegas over the Runoffs...

except for the fact that the SCCA hired me for that week and they're paying to fly me out to Ohio and put me up in a hotel with all the national staff :laugh:

monoposto
07-16-04, 05:18 PM
Dave,

Although I'm not from SoCal, I would like to sit with you guys (and gals). I know from experience that the SoCal contingent can party. I'll be driving from Colorado and arriving in Las vegas that Thursday before the race. Do you have an extra ticket I could buy or should I call the Speedway?

Thanks,
Monoposto

Dave99
07-17-04, 04:53 AM
mono- call the speedway. Just kidding!

I would be happy to add another ticket to the order for you. :)

That makes 7 for sure.

The jury's still out on Anaya, the anteaters, HerbT, RaceCat, Mr. & Mrs. Mark521 Playersfan, Phil and Jessica. I assume The License Plate & wife will be in the sky box courtesy of Am. Wheels?

I'll give it another week before calling the order in. That may not be enough time for everyone to make a decision but I'll do my best to work with anyone who wants in on this. :)

Playersfan
07-18-04, 05:02 PM
mono- call the speedway. Just kidding!

I would be happy to add another ticket to the order for you. :)

That makes 7 for sure.

The jury's still out on Anaya, the anteaters, HerbT, RaceCat, Mr. & Mrs. Mark521 Playersfan, Phil and Jessica. I assume The License Plate & wife will be in the sky box courtesy of Am. Wheels?

I'll give it another week before calling the order in. That may not be enough time for everyone to make a decision but I'll do my best to work with anyone who wants in on this. :)

Hi Dave ,I'll be there,Anaya can fill you in on the details as there is something on the works with Wood Eye and the Winners Circle Club.I'll be seeing Dave in Vancouver next week end and get more info.Got lucky at the fan forum in Toronto :D :got top price Two tickets for the Champcar Suite in the Pavilion Wow What a day ,free food, drinks ,good discussions with the top brass of Champcar and some very interesting guests and a very good race to top it all .Fan forums are very interesting and informative events and for some of us very rewarding .Going for a Pace car win in Vancouver Ciao Steve :)

nrc
07-18-04, 05:23 PM
It's almost like who isn't going than who is. Be there or be square. ;)

Hey, no fair! We went to Vegas for the original race date!

Anteater
07-18-04, 10:20 PM
It's almost like who isn't going than who is.

I'll tell you one person who isn't going to be there: Ms. Anteater! I will be at a "girls' getaway weekend" in Portland, OR instead. I chose the weekend of Sept. 24-26 for the get-away months ago, thinking that it was safe due to the rumored November date for the Vegas race. :cry:

Mr. Anteater is definitely interested, though. After all, he needs to have something to do while the wife is off gallivanting in Portland! I'll remind him about those tickets, Dave99.

RaceCat
07-19-04, 12:29 AM
I'll tell you one person who isn't going to be there: Ms. Anteater! I will be at a "girls' getaway weekend" in Portland, OR instead. I chose the weekend of Sept. 24-26 for the get-away months ago, thinking that it was safe due to the rumored November date for the Vegas race. :cry:

Mr. Anteater is definitely interested, though. After all, he needs to have something to do while the wife is off gallivanting in Portland! I'll remind him about those tickets, Dave99.

Oh, poor you! I feel for you honestly.

I got lucky as I have a "girls" weekend planned in September too. (My best friend turns *gulp* 50 and "the girls" are going on a cruise.) I originally thought that we were going on THIS weekend, but it turns out I'm going the weekend before, so I'm free for Vegas.

Now I can't decide if I really can afford to take the time away from work for this weekend.

Between the 2 breast cancer walks and the girls cruise, I'm taking fridays and mondays off the entire month of September, into the first week in October. And this is after I'm gone for 10 days in August horse back riding in Ireland.

My boss is gonna fire me or somethin'. :D

See you all next weekend at KEGS. I should have made my mind up by then.

Peg (Aka RaceCat)

CARTNUT
08-02-04, 01:21 AM
FYI - found this on lvms.com (http://www.lvms.com) under "Driver Appearances."

NASCAR Craftsman Truck Series LAS VEGAS 350

Champ Car World Series

September 24-25, 2004

Thursday, September 23 (No spectator activity)
8 a.m. – 8 p.m. -- Champ Car garage open.
10 a.m. – 4 p.m. -- Champ Car technical inspection.

Friday, September 24
8 a.m. -- Champ Car garage opens.
11 a.m. – Spectator gates open.
11 a.m. – 7:30 p.m. -- Champ Car technical inspection.
11:30 a.m. – 12:15 p.m. -- Champ Car rookie practice.
12:15-2 p.m. -- Champ Car practice.
1 p.m. – NASCAR Craftsman Truck Series (NCTS) haulers enter, registration opens.
2 p.m. -- NCTS garages open (inspection only).
2:15-3:15 p.m. -- Champ Car “Back Seat Driver.”
3:15-4:15 p.m. -- Champ Pace Car Practice.
4:30-6 p.m. -- Champ Car qualifying.
6 p.m. -- NCTS garage and registration closes.
6:15 p.m. – 7 p.m. -- Champ Car “Back Seat Driver.”
7-7:45 p.m. -- Champ Car pace car practice.
8-9:30 p.m. -- Champ Car practice.

Saturday, September 25
9 a.m. -- NCTS garage and registration opens, NCTS track service meeting.
9:30 a.m. -- NCTS rookie and spotter meeting.
9:30 a.m. -- NCTS drawing for qualifying order.
10:30 a.m. – Spectator gates open.
10:30 a.m. – 1 p.m. -- NCTS practice.
3–8 p.m. -- Champ Car technical inspection.
3:30 p.m. -- NCTS qualifying (two laps, all positions).
5 p.m. -- NCTS driver and crew chief meeting.
5 p.m. – 5:15 p.m. -- Champ Car track inspection.
5:15-5:45 p.m. -- Champ Car warm-up practice.
6 p.m. -- NCTS final adjustments and grid trucks.
6:30 p.m. -- NCTS driver introductions.
7 p.m. -- NASCAR Craftsman Truck Series LAS VEGAS 350 (146 laps, 219 miles).
8 p.m. -- NCTS registration closes.
8:15 p.m. -- Grid Champ Cars (infield).
9 p.m. -- Champ Car World Series event.

Mark521
08-14-04, 04:24 PM
I'll be there with a friend or two (I'll get my own tickets as I don't know how many I'll need). My lovely wife wants to skip the race for some sort of spa treatment involving seaweed and lava rocks (I think, I kind of zone out when she starts talking about this sort of thing :D ). I certainly hope to see you guys at the race.

manic mechanic
08-14-04, 06:59 PM
FYI:

I have it on good authority that there will be no CCIC "showing" (dinner meet-n-greet) scheduled for Vegas.

HOWEVER, several of us are contemplating a "circumferential" :D brunch on Saturday morning before we all head for the track (spectator gates open at 10:30 AM, but Champ Cars don't run until after 5PM).

If you are interested in doing brunch, get in touch with Anaya or me.

manic

Dave99
08-15-04, 12:01 AM
Ok, here's the dope on the tikkies...

Per the speedway, each ticket for the Champ Car Fanatics/Earnhardt Section is $61.50. No CCICFC discount, no exceptions.

Here's the list of people who have expressed interest to date:

Phil - 4
Manic- 3
CartNuts- 2
Playersfan- 1
monposto- 1
RaceCat- 1
mr. anteater- 1
Dave99- 1

If everyone's still good to go, and I haven't overlooked anyone, I'll phone the order in on Tuesday. Cool?

Anteater
08-15-04, 12:47 AM
Oh Dave99, you forgot someone:

Mr. Anteater - 1

Remember, he's going to Vegas without me. Please add him onto the list.

Dave99
08-15-04, 01:23 AM
That's right! I now recall our conversation, Anteater. My apologies. Too bad you have other plans that weekend.

14 total now. I am hoping to get 7 seats over 7 for that overall, warm, cozy, comfy feeling.

CART License
08-15-04, 07:11 AM
Hey Dave put me down for five, me the wife and three showgirls. Yes 5

KLang
08-15-04, 09:07 AM
three showgirls

I've already got tickets ordered but I might want to sit with you guys instead. ;)

Dave99
08-23-04, 01:12 AM
Here's the update:

I have already ordered the tickets and should be getting them in the mail this coming week.

Jaime & The Showgirls(5), Phil(4), CartNuts(2) and Mr. Anteater(1): I will bring your tickets with me to Laguna Seca.

Frantic Mechanic(3): I will get your tickets to you over the #8 tank-top weekend. :gomer:

Playersfan(1) and monposto(1): Your tickets will be mailed out via FedEx, courtesy of Anaya.

RaceCat(1): Please check your messages.

It's been a while since Long Beach... looking forward to seeing "y'all" again. You too, KLang. C'mon by for some racin' cider!

CARTNUT
08-23-04, 01:35 AM
Thank you, David! See you there. Looking forward to Laguna Seca!

'NUT :mad: (still recovering from not going to Vegas testing)

RaceCat
08-27-04, 01:28 AM
Here's the update:

I have already ordered the tickets and should be getting them in the mail this coming week.

Jaime & The Showgirls(5), Phil(4), CartNuts(2) and Mr. Anteater(1): I will bring your tickets with me to Laguna Seca.

Frantic Mechanic(3): I will get your tickets to you over the #8 tank-top weekend. :gomer:

Playersfan(1) and monposto(1): Your tickets will be mailed out via FedEx, courtesy of Anaya.

RaceCat(1): Please check your messages.

It's been a while since Long Beach... looking forward to seeing "y'all" again. You too, KLang. C'mon by for some racin' cider!

Dave, I don't have any messages from you anywhere. Please e-mail me, ok.

I still don't have reservations for Vegas, but I'm good for the money for the ticket even if I don't end up going. (no worries there) I just got back from Ireland and I'm getting caught up, but I'm leaving again for a few days in two weeks so I'll have to see if I can get Vegas plans done somewhere in there too.

RaceCat

CARTNUT
08-27-04, 12:29 PM
Dave, I don't have any messages from you anywhere. Please e-mail me, ok.

I still don't have reservations for Vegas, but I'm good for the money for the ticket even if I don't end up going. (no worries there) I just got back from Ireland and I'm getting caught up, but I'm leaving again for a few days in two weeks so I'll have to see if I can get Vegas plans done somewhere in there too.

RaceCat

Hey RC, I just checked out Southwest.com, they still have flights available from LAX for $75R/T on Saturday afternoon, returning on Monday. Hotwire.com has a "Resort Suite" for $82/nite Saturday & Sunday night!! You can fly out, catch the race with us, relax all day Sunday and fly back early Monday morning! Check it out!

'NUT :gomer:

Dave99
08-27-04, 01:19 PM
Ok RaceCat, now check your messages. :o

You too, playersfan. :)

Don't know what happened, RC. I sent pm's to playersfan, monoposto and yourself all at the same time. Maybe Jim Beam knows what happened. http://www.deephousepage.com/smilies/40s.gif

rocket
08-27-04, 01:24 PM
I'll be out in Vegas with several other "thugs" :D getting in thur night and leaving sun afternoon...can't wait.