PDA

View Full Version : FatCarl is gone

Spicoli
07-06-04, 08:06 PM
To EARL - 2 car deal with Homoco. Blinky goes too.

PLN trying for a 2 car effort with CDM & SeaBass. All sponsors (of course) stay with PLN.

FatCarl also runs some Jap-O-the-Month. (No offense to those of Japanese heritage but they all suck in US OW).

Dear Carl:

**** off.

Love,

Spicoli

nz_climber
07-06-04, 08:23 PM
To EARL - 2 car deal with Homoco. Blinky goes too.

PLN trying for a 2 car effort with CDM & SeaBass. All sponsors (of course) stay with PLN.

FatCarl also runs some Jap-O-the-Month. (No offense to those of Japanese heritage but they all suck in US OW).

Dear Carl:

**** off.

Love,

Spicoli

So when is he shipping out to gommerville? yesterday or do we have to put up with cigar smoke until end of the season?

Railbird
07-06-04, 08:28 PM
What shop will PLN run out of?

Which way does the N/H engineering staff go?

Let's face it, Patrick left but didn't really take anything with him when he did.

On the other hand if PLN and (insert actor name here) fire up a team they are going to need infrastucture and personel to go along with the sponsors.

either way drivers are a dime a dozen

FCYTravis
07-06-04, 08:38 PM
FCH.

Spicoli
07-06-04, 08:58 PM
Staff stays. Gee, I can go to gomerleague with FatCarl and be a Homoco bitch running cirlces in front of guys like Iglooboy & Dependser :gomer: , or I can travel the world, race in front of MILLIONS of people, and work for Paul ****ing Newman?

Sponsors stay with CCWS & PLN.

No idea on the shop locale. But I think FatCarl comes to Gomerville.

This is all for next season.

Chaos
07-06-04, 09:01 PM
i read elsewhere that the new Haas team is keeping the vision alive in hiring a japanese driver.

have the Lazier demands started?

Sean O'Gorman
07-06-04, 09:02 PM
have the Lazier demands started?

Have they ever stopped?

FCYTravis
07-06-04, 09:04 PM
Maybe Carl can make the gomers happy and the HoMoCo bitches happy all at the same time.

Buddy Lazier and Shinji Nakano.

Yeah baby, Superteam. We're talking an AIS reject and an F1 reject. It just doesn't get any better. :laugh:

sundaydriver2
07-06-04, 09:37 PM
If I see that ahole at Vancouver, I'm gonna heckle the **** out of him.

What an idiot. :shakehead

I hope CDM stays in F1 and they pick up Fogerty. :thumbup:

Jag_Warrior
07-06-04, 09:49 PM
Spicoli!!! Does this have any affect on Lola developing future chassis for Champ Car???

Lizzerd
07-06-04, 09:55 PM
Okay, so what about Lola? I can't imagine him being such a vile individual that he would bring his chassis cash cow along with him. Well, maybe I could.

Haas is the sole distributor in North America for Lola, right? Earl denied them entry to their "league" when the wanted to build one a couple years ago, right? So now what?

FCH, you Honda whore!!! :flame: :mad:

I'll spit on his cigar if I ever see him again.

P.S. God bless Paul Newman.

nissan gtp
07-06-04, 10:10 PM
gotta be a Lola related deal...

Carl is a whore.... I'd love to see Lola cut his ass loose.

Railbird
07-06-04, 10:11 PM
I wouldn't waste my breath on Carl, just another old fart sniffing the yen. btw Miller claimed it was his wife who okayed the deal.

Regardless, Haas would have to convince Lola to build/design a chassis to fit the IRL regs and all three engines, plus he would have to run them.

I doubt a guy chasing the yen would be willing to undertake all that.

Hit it
Split it
forget it

racer2c
07-06-04, 10:23 PM
I was under the impression PLN was all about Blinky.

Fat Carl going to the IRL was in the making for how long? None of us are surprised.

Ironically, when I read Booby's comment's about how the IRL is just CART with a different name I had to chuckle, yeah Booby, you guys took the manufacturer influence, and the negative press with you. A thank you is in order actually. The last guy with his eye on Indy has finally left the building and it will look much better in the press that the esteemed Mr. Newman chose to stay with the CCWS along with the sponsors.
You ex-CART guys did gain something though, a spoiled brat with a Napoleon complex heading the show. I'd rather drown.

FRANKY
07-06-04, 10:24 PM
Carl was only there for the money. Frankly except for Newman I think they are all there for the money.

Railbird
07-06-04, 10:26 PM
Frankly except for Newman I think they are all there for the money.

thank you

if you want loyalty buy a dog.

FRANKY
07-06-04, 10:30 PM
Bird, ya got a dog?

racer2c
07-06-04, 10:32 PM
Carl was only there for the money. Frankly except for Newman I think they are all there for the money.

Why, because T&H only dole out so much yen to so many teams? There is more than just Mr. Newman who has some integrity.

'bird, nobody is crying over Carl leaving.

FRANKY
07-06-04, 10:39 PM
Why, because T&H only dole out so much yen to so many teams? There is more than just Mr. Newman who has some integrity.

I think that that completes the exodus of the old guard.

I'm not sure how the integrity thing works. There are team members that left, that have integrity. Newman is in a position in life where he doesn't need the money. More on the money in a different way, Newman knows what the IRL was always about, TG's greed.

The Amigos talk a talk of wanting to save things, but they could also have something else in mind, I never trust anybody when it comes to business.

Railbird
07-06-04, 10:45 PM
Bird, ya got a dog?

two

Spittin' and hecklin

same same

who could possibly be suprised with Haas taking a run at the yen?

Like I said, I'm more concerned with the personel and team infrastructure.

theunions
07-07-04, 03:35 AM
I think that that completes the exodus of the old guard.

Forsythe is still old guard.

mapguy
07-07-04, 06:11 AM
I think that this move might be for Lola. Think about it. What does CCWS lose in this deal? Two cars? Nope. Two sponsors? Nope. Only one fathead who loves to fondle his cars before a race.

Now if he does end up taking Lola to Formula Tantrum, where does that leave CCWS for a chassis manufacturer? Because if Honda/Coke-boy is behind this there has to be some kind of non-compete clause in the contract. What other chassis constructers are there out there? Dallara and GForce (VanDeiman) are out. Reynard technically doesn't exist anymore. Tatuus? Dome?

As for Blinky going with him. Good, one less whiner to have to listen to.

Spicoli
07-07-04, 06:45 AM
Some updated info from my source on this:

Haas will be running the program out of the Illinois shop. Haas has controlling interest of the team, so it will be a pretty uphill battle for PLN to maintain a CCWS team. (Moreso than if it was a 50-50 dealio)

The deal is all about Honda; Lola is not part of the deal.

The only silver lining I see in all of this is that it will prolly kill off another Gomerati team like Panther or Foyt or Cheeber.

And oh -

**** you Carl.

Spicoli
07-07-04, 06:47 AM

Yeah, but he may be the only person in this world that hates TG more than me.

Clown
07-07-04, 07:29 AM
But you use more colourful terminology :gomer:

jonovision_man
07-07-04, 07:42 AM
Frankly except for Newman I think they are all there for the money.

The economic reality is that it would be quite a leap of faith to turn down certain profit in the IRL (courtesy of Honda/Toyota/TG/etc) for a dubious future in the CCWS.

Hopefully Sebastian doesn't follow, frankly I'm more concerned with keeping him than the team.

Clown
07-07-04, 07:45 AM
The economic reality is that it would be quite a leap of faith to turn down certain profit in the IRL (courtesy of Honda/Toyota/TG/etc) for a dubious future in the CCWS.Its called ethics :shakehead

Spicoli
07-07-04, 07:56 AM
The economic reality is that it would be quite a leap of faith to turn down certain profit in the IRL (courtesy of Honda/Toyota/TG/etc) for a dubious future in the CCWS.

No - they all left cause they really think Sparta is the future of open wheel. :rolleyes:

Get back off the limb, its about to break. :gomer:

jonovision_man
07-07-04, 08:07 AM
Its called ethics :shakehead

The Society for the Ethical Treatment of Race Fans? :)

Clown
07-07-04, 08:48 AM
^ I know 3 doods who can run it :)

KLang
07-07-04, 09:10 AM
Disappointing if true but not unexpected.

I don't understand what Honda's motivation is here. They already pay for Andretti, Rahal, and Fernandez. Why all the extra money to bring Haas over? Some sort of bizarre tax write-off?

Easy
07-07-04, 09:35 AM
The odds of Carl Haas sticking around in a series run by Forsythe et al. and not him were slim to begin with I'd say. Honda simply financed his exit.

Upward and Onward.

JLMannin
07-07-04, 12:28 PM

As is Coyne.

cart7
07-07-04, 02:04 PM
:cry: Boo Hoo Hoo.

NOT!

I'd have rather seen Haas leave a long time ago. Bottom feeder strictly looking for his next buck. Obviously he's milked CCWS for everything he can. :shakehead

KobySon
07-07-04, 02:14 PM
CCWS isn't buying enough new Lolas anymore?

E Company... insightful. Never thought of that angle.

FCYTravis
07-07-04, 06:17 PM
I don't understand what Honda's motivation is here.
It'll put the last nail in Access' coffin, so Fhonda won't have to bother with the hassle of selling crap engines to backmarker teams anymore.

Another case of Tony's hammer hitting the wrong target. :shakehead

TravelGal
07-07-04, 07:12 PM
Gee, I can go to gomerleague with FatCarl and be a Homoco bitch running cirlces in front of guys like Iglooboy & Dependser :gomer: , or I can travel the world, race in front of MILLIONS of people, and work for Paul ****ing Newman?

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Yep, that's about it. Well put Spicoli.

Here's hoping the staff are able to stay. Just because Cigarface has controlling interest now doesn't mean the split can't be worked any way they want to do it. Oh, and when you listen to PLN's voice, he's been a Seabass man since St. Pete. Don't see anything happening this year to change his opinion.

Railbird
07-07-04, 07:59 PM
Did a little sniffing

A two car effort is still not for sure. Whiney wants to run Indy and the roadcourses but not the whole oval deal.

Honda will be bringing the full timer.

They've bought two new Gforces with the roadcourse package (which I don't think exists yet) and are planning to test at Homestead later this year.

Thinking about running Bruno at Fontana this year.

Mr. Vengeance
07-07-04, 08:14 PM
Bruno would be a good fit in the IRL.

Whiny, annoying, never lived up to his potential, no personality and (I'm guessing) not much of a fan base.

Go get 'em, big guy.

Spicoli
07-07-04, 08:36 PM

Whiny, annoying, never lived up to his potential, no personality and (I'm guessing) not much of a fan base.

Go get 'em, big guy.

Yep. somebody is looking for a roommate.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/motorsports/2002/indy500/news/2002/05/26/castroneves_wins_ap/t1_helio2_ap.jpg

Railbird
07-08-04, 06:24 AM
Mark C is reporting that N/H is advertising in Autosport for engineering help. If they were moving the whole squad to the IRL team I wouldn't think they would need to do that.

unless of course they've had several resignations

cart7
07-08-04, 06:42 AM
Mark C is reporting that N/H is advertising in Autosport for engineering help. If they were moving the whole squad to the IRL team I wouldn't think they would need to do that.

unless of course they've had several resignations

Opportunity is a knockin for BiF and some of his buds down at the Jiffy Lube! :laugh:

Insomniac
07-08-04, 07:33 AM

Go get 'em, big guy.

Yeah, finishing 2nd in the championship two years in a row is terrible. Him not going with Chip to the IRL was bad too. You forgot to say FBJ too.

Spicoli
07-08-04, 08:08 AM
Yeah, finishing 2nd in the championship two years in a row is terrible. Him not going with Chip to the IRL was bad too. You forgot to say FBJ too.

FBJ