PDA

View Full Version : Laguna anyone?

Twisty Bits
07-06-04, 02:34 PM
Just got the itch to do Laguna for the first time. I checked into flights from Detroit and they're not too shab. Who's in the hood? Just throwin it out there.

Anteater
07-06-04, 06:21 PM
I plan to be there. It's a very cool track that has to be seen to be appreciated! :)

Fitti Fan
07-06-04, 06:57 PM
I'm hoping that we might make it out to the West coast that weekend. Possibly hitting qualifying.

Not only is the track cool, but the Carmel/Monterey/Santa Cruz area is the most beautiful as far as I'm concerned!

:)

Lizzerd
07-06-04, 07:35 PM
Dang... I wish I could... I wish I could...

Railbird
07-06-04, 09:14 PM
I've been thinking about it, sniffing around at flights and all, but there is also a killer vintage meet at the Glenn that weekend.

Plus it's just two weeks before the Petit.

but don't count me out just yet

FCYTravis
07-06-04, 10:33 PM
I'll be there... as if I'd miss the Champ Cars schussing through the Corkscrew like so many slalom gates :thumbup:

Flagging again, camping in the Frog Pond.

CARTNUT
07-07-04, 02:28 AM
We are there!!!!

Once again, it's gonna be a rush job weekend! The girl starts HIGH SCHOOL that week! Looking into flights to San Jose. Too far to drive for 2 days. we did that the last 2 years and were just dead all weekend! See you all there!

Fitti says:

I'm hoping that we might make it out to the West coast that weekend.

"HOPING??????????" You meant HOPPING right? As in HOPPING ON A PLANE to make it out to the West coast that weekend!

Yeah, that's what I thought!

'NUT :gomer:

Dave99
07-07-04, 04:38 PM
Dave99 will be there.

I have a 3-day GA+Paddock ticket for sale for the low, low discount price of $55.

PM if interested. Thanks.

manic mechanic
07-07-04, 05:15 PM
Manic & Mrs. Manic will be there, and I've a pretty good feeling that CART License and Team Green's Crew Chief will be there too. :thumbup:

lisa
07-09-04, 08:20 PM
Hey twisty, I didn't know you were thinking about that race. I still may be there and also may stay for the Vegas race too.

RaceCat
07-12-04, 01:52 PM
I have to miss Laguna again this year. This race is the same weekend as the Avon Breast Cancer walk in Los Angeles and I'm a Crew Memeber for that walk every year. Can't be in two places at once I'm afraid.

Have a blast everyone!

RaceCat

Twisty Bits
07-12-04, 08:50 PM
Hey twisty, I didn't know you were thinking about that race. I still may be there and also may stay for the Vegas race too.

Lookin at it, nothing's for certain.

Railbird
07-14-04, 09:27 AM
How about some travel/lodging tips from the locals?

The wife is interested in going as long as she doesn't have to spend the whole weekend at the track. The oceon is always a big attraction for her, hell anything other than a freakin' cornfield is a visual delight for us midwesterners, but how about some info on local bars/eateries/cool little places.

Like twisty' said the flights are reasonable (SFO?) and as long as I can get one that doesn't route through my skinny butt through Charlotte I'll be happy.

Probably something along the lines of Thur to Tues.

I'm looking at sites like this (http://www.monterey.com/index.html) but could use a little local input.

FCYTravis
07-14-04, 02:05 PM
SFO, or if you don't mind flying Cattle Car Class on Southwest, SWA has hubs in Oakland and San Jose with dirt-cheap fares to just about everywhere.

Brickman
07-14-04, 05:45 PM
How about some travel/lodging tips from the locals?

The wife is interested in going as long as she doesn't have to spend the whole weekend at the track. The oceon is always a big attraction for her, hell anything other than a freakin' cornfield is a visual delight for us midwesterners, but how about some info on local bars/eateries/cool little places.

Like twisty' said the flights are reasonable (SFO?) and as long as I can get one that doesn't route through my skinny butt through Charlotte I'll be happy.

Probably something along the lines of Thur to Tues.

I'm looking at sites like this (http://www.monterey.com/index.html) but could use a little local input.

That site about says it all bird. spf50 needed or the shade under the old oaks in the corkscrew.

http://www.laguna-seca.com/Travel/