PDA

View Full Version : Carpentier sounds off about Tagliani

devilmaster
07-06-04, 01:52 PM
Caught part of this in a bar last night, and luckily vidcapped it today.....

Pat sounds off on Tag's blocking complaint at Cleveland.

www.mnsi.net/~smicalef/carp.avi

Steve

devilmaster
07-06-04, 02:02 PM
Whoops! The file originally was cut off while talking about Tracy. Seems I reached the limit of my webspace.

Anyways, a few files deleted and its fixed.

Steve

Insomniac
07-06-04, 10:39 PM
Whoops! The file originally was cut off while talking about Tracy. Seems I reached the limit of my webspace.

Anyways, a few files deleted and its fixed.

Steve

Thanks Steve! I've been growing increasingly annoyed with Tags this season. He has been driving poorly and unprofessionally. Especially the last 2 races. I don't know what his problem is.

FRANKY
07-06-04, 10:42 PM
Thanks Steve! I've been growing increasingly annoyed with Tags this season. He has been driving poorly and unprofessionally. Especially the last 2 races. I don't know what his problem is.

Could it be he needs to produce or he's gone from racing? I think so.

RaceGrrl
07-07-04, 12:11 AM
Tagliani is an excitable boy- the original Twitchy. He gets too easily upset loses the ability to focus. He did manage to come back from adversity in Cleveland. I'd hope that's a sign of his growing maturity.

Sean O'Gorman
07-07-04, 12:14 AM
Tagliani is an excitable boy- the original Twitchy. He gets too easily upset loses the ability to focus. He did manage to come back from adversity in Cleveland. I'd hope that's a sign of his growing maturity.

Growing maturity? I find it hard to believe that he'd mature that much in 96 laps. Keep in mind that most of the positions he regained were due to attrition. He spun off on the last restart, too.

I think hes a decent driver, but I can't rate him too highly since he still hasn't won.

Robstar
07-07-04, 12:27 AM
He certainly loves that PTP...

Clown
07-07-04, 06:11 AM
How good was that quote :laugh:

TedN
07-07-04, 08:11 AM
Tagliani Responds (http://www.canoe.ca/NewsStand/TorontoSun/Sports/2004/07/07/527851.html)

Ted

Clown
07-07-04, 08:47 AM
Handbags at 10 paces :rolleyes:

Insomniac
07-07-04, 03:34 PM

Adversity is a creative way to put his banzai move into turn one. If it was any backmarker almost every person on this forum would be on him about it.

Insomniac
07-07-04, 03:35 PM
Could it be he needs to produce or he's gone from racing? I think so.

That is a possibility. Last year, GF was paying his salary. PG has one ride buyer, I suppose that seat could go to the next guy willing to buy it.

Insomniac
07-07-04, 03:40 PM
Tagliani Responds (http://www.canoe.ca/NewsStand/TorontoSun/Sports/2004/07/07/527851.html)

Ted

Funny how Justin bumping wheels with Tagliani launched him way past Turn 1 into the grass. The laws of Physics must not apply to Tags' car. And remember PT, a guy from row 3 will try to take the lead in turn one just because he was fastest in morning practice. You should know better than that!

RaceGrrl
07-07-04, 04:21 PM
Adversity is a creative way to put his banzai move into turn one. If it was any backmarker almost every person on this forum would be on him about it.

Make no mistake, I think it was a stupid move. But whether you end up in a bad situation due to your own stupidity (Tags) or someone else's (Bruno), adversity is just that. An adverse situation. That's all I was saying. FWIW, I never have liked Tags. I was just feeling less cranky than usual when I posted that. :p

Ruben Barrios
07-07-04, 06:25 PM
Hmmmmm.... I agree with Tag on this...

Jervis Tetch 1
07-07-04, 11:38 PM
Tag(s) is under pressure IMHO from PG to win or else. True he's fast, but he's had several opps to win and should have won Brazil in 2000, but made a stoopid rookie mistake.

Now, his career could be on the line if he doesn't deliver the goods and he hasn't. Not that Rocket is the end all beat all team--they're not.

Mark my words. Tag(s) don't win this year, he's out at Rocket and he'll have a hard time finding a top notch ride anywhere.

I bet he won't win. But I've been saying that since 2000.

Insomniac
07-08-04, 07:18 AM
Make no mistake, I think it was a stupid move. But whether you end up in a bad situation due to your own stupidity (Tags) or someone else's (Bruno), adversity is just that. An adverse situation. That's all I was saying. FWIW, I never have liked Tags. I was just feeling less cranky than usual when I posted that. :p

:)

Insomniac
07-08-04, 07:23 AM
Tag(s) is under pressure IMHO from PG to win or else. True he's fast, but he's had several opps to win and should have won Brazil in 2000, but made a stoopid rookie mistake.

Now, his career could be on the line if he doesn't deliver the goods and he hasn't. Not that Rocket is the end all beat all team--they're not.

Mark my words. Tag(s) don't win this year, he's out at Rocket and he'll have a hard time finding a top notch ride anywhere.

I bet he won't win. But I've been saying that since 2000.

I think he'll win one. His over aggresiveness will get him a win. He'll knock a guy out and a couple leaders will have some type of problem (crash, bad strategy, something breaks) like Dominguez at Miami. Or the pit early strategy will work out. Speaking of that, it seems like that is one of the better strategies this year. Worst case seems like a finish around fifth and best case is the lucky yellow and they win. You can get your consistency and have the upside of winning. But, is 336 points enough to win the championship?

KLang
07-08-04, 09:10 AM
If tag goes I hope we get to keep Bronte. ;)