PDA

View Full Version : Bobby Rahal speaks...

Chaos
07-04-04, 02:27 PM
"Frankly, I don't see why the IRL needs to," he said. "Champ Car is looking to be more international, which creates an even bigger difference. And as the IRL adds road courses, it becomes what CART once was in everything but name."

Let's see how this is spun. But it reads pretty clear to me...

Spicoli
07-04-04, 02:32 PM
Booby Rahole signifies everything that was everr wrong with OW racing. He's a leech, and when he briefly served as CEO of CART, he let the Jap manufacturers gain unprecedented control of the sport. Booby hasn't had an original thought in 20 years. He is a bottom feeder and will suck the life out of anyone or anything he can.

Let the gomers have him. He'll do MUCH more harm than good.

stroker
07-04-04, 04:53 PM
That's a shame, too, 'cuz I used to like Bobby when he was driving. He always looked more like an accountant than a race driver, which I liked.

stymie
07-04-04, 05:07 PM
".... And as the IRL adds road courses, it becomes what CART once was in everything but name."

My take on how this will be interpreted is to say the only and greatest openwheel series, drivers racing on all different kinds of tracks showing off their diverse driving skills - it will have nothing to do with engine leases etc. etc. by one side and officially hijaked/stolen by TG on the other.

GOFAST1
07-04-04, 06:53 PM
Booby Rahole signifies everything that was everr wrong with OW racing. He's a leech, and when he briefly served as CEO of CART, he let the Jap manufacturers gain unprecedented control of the sport. Booby hasn't had an original thought in 20 years. He is a bottom feeder and will suck the life out of anyone or anything he can.

Let the gomers have him. He'll do MUCH more harm than good.

AGREE!!!

Dave99
07-04-04, 07:25 PM
Rahal's comments don't surprise me one bit as, despite his three CART Championships, I believe his heart has always been at Indy. He's won as a driver and now as an owner. Rice is qualifying up front and winning races and Bobby's probably getting free Honder engines so he should be about as happy as Sarah Fissure in slop.

He belongs in the Damaged Goods League. Btw, how's Tony doing at running things over there? He keeping things under control?

nrc
07-04-04, 08:43 PM
Free Danica!

Peter Venkman
07-04-04, 09:10 PM
That's a shame, too, 'cuz I used to like Bobby when he was driving. He always looked more like an accountant than a race driver, which I liked.

Actually, he looks like Mr. Potato Head.

DaveL
07-05-04, 11:27 AM
I'll say it again.

Bobby, you may have our teams, drivers, mfgs and you may even get our tracks.

But you will never get the fans.

Go screw yourself, Hondawhore.

Madmaxfan2
07-05-04, 12:22 PM
Unfortunately he thinks like one, too. Likes to count Japanese YEN.

Chiphead_Dave
07-06-04, 04:27 PM
Free Danica!

She sure seems like the real deal but then why stick w/ Rahole.

Maybe Rahole has naked pictures of her that she doesn't want to get out.

JT265
07-08-04, 12:03 AM
Free Danica!

While supplies last.

<void where prohibited. Must be 18 years of age or older.>

:D

Insomniac
07-08-04, 08:03 AM
She sure seems like the real deal but then why stick w/ Rahole.

Maybe Rahole has naked pictures of her that she doesn't want to get out.

He has her tied up long term. That's how she got in and guaranteed herself a secure ride. Unfortunately, that ride ends in the IRL.

Insomniac
07-08-04, 08:04 AM
"Frankly, I don't see why the IRL needs to," he said. "Champ Car is looking to be more international, which creates an even bigger difference. And as the IRL adds road courses, it becomes what CART once was in everything but name."

CART was the best (until they let me run it) and I'm glad we're recreating it over here.