PDA

View Full Version : No. 1 Priority for 2005 season

Madmaxfan2
07-03-04, 09:02 PM
The number 1 priority for OWRS should be a reguliar cable TV deal for live race broadcasts. In broswing around, it is apparent that the work arounds involving the web is not cutting it.

Railbird
07-03-04, 09:29 PM
Yep

I know they are regrouping this year but if they hope to see the teams have any chance at all at landing sponsorships they need to have a LIVE broadcast.

Spike or whatever is fine, just pump the live feed into a good portion of American homes whatever it takes.

Chaos
07-03-04, 09:50 PM
Perhaps OWRS should sell the rights to broadcast similar to that of the Arena League. Maybe one of the major networks would bite.

nissan gtp
07-03-04, 09:58 PM
hard to disagree. yoke kicked major ass today, thanks to them. but it's not a substitute for live coverage.

what we need:

live coverage
lead-in show (so start the race at **:45)
podium coverage, post-race interviews

sounds like a 2 1/2 hour show to me

oh yeah, more Bronte would be ok :cool:

Napoleon
07-04-04, 07:26 AM
Perhaps OWRS should sell the rights to broadcast similar to that of the Arena League. Maybe one of the major networks would bite.

I thought NBC, or whoever broadcast it, actually has an ownership stake in Arena League and therefore never needed to "buy" the rights.

pchall
07-04-04, 07:55 AM
I thought NBC, or whoever broadcast it, actually has an ownership stake in Arena League and therefore never needed to "buy" the rights.

NBC had money in the XFL deal. I don't think they own any part of AFL.

losedagrooves
07-04-04, 10:11 AM
I watch on HDnet, I can't watch regular tv anymore, it really is that good.
I'm lucky with my situation.
You're bang on 'bird.

racer2c
07-04-04, 10:18 AM
Gentilozzi made a huge deal about how they wanted every one to know when the Champ Car race was on. There's obvious benefits in having a consistent time-slot. Personally, I rarely ever watched live mid-Sunday races. Those hours are way to valuable to be in front of TV. Especially when technology allows me to view it when it's convenient for me.

pkvracing12
07-04-04, 11:59 AM
Give it time. :)

Madmaxfan2
07-05-04, 12:17 PM
Some of us cannot wait. We should not have to spend major $$$ to watch live TV of Top Level Formula Car racing.

nrc
07-05-04, 01:31 PM
If it comes down to a choice between tape delay and spending the series into oblivion with network time buys, I'll take tape delay.