PDA

View Full Version : Bye Bye Greg Ray

JoeBob
07-03-04, 01:44 PM
It's official: Nobody pays for Honda Engines.

Only problem is that if Greg's team wanted any, they had to. They didn't, so they've packed up and gone home. They claim they have sponsorship for next season - maybe we'll see them then.

I'm not holding my breath.

Spicoli
07-03-04, 02:04 PM
Awesome! How's that Vision thing going Gomers?

:gomer:

Damn are they just killing the whole thing or what....Next up? Meltdown at WackForum.

Mr. Vengeance
07-03-04, 02:09 PM
"next season"

As if... :laugh:

The Doctor
07-03-04, 02:12 PM
They claim they have sponsorship for next season...

A bottle of tanning lotion and some leftover TrimSpa doesn't count.

Dave99
07-03-04, 02:24 PM
That's a shame. http://www.lunatik.us/images/nana.gif

Chaos
07-03-04, 02:58 PM
I've noticed that what separates the big teams from the little teams in the IRL is an engine deal. The big teams have engine deals, and the little ones dont. Watch how little AGR or Ganassi would become if they were to lose their deal.

Madmaxfan2
07-03-04, 03:04 PM
Greg Ray on the Phone with TG
Ray; Can you get Honda to cut the same deal with as the others?
TG; I don't know
Ray: Will I get a good deal from GM for Next Season?
TG: I don't know
Ray; What happened to the even break that the IRL was supposed ot give everybody and eqaul access to all engines ?
Ray: Can you force the rules that few eninge lease deals for one team must be given to all teams
TG: I look into that
Ray: What has happened to this vision for the american racer?
BANG!
Ray hangs up the phone in disgust.

SurfaceUnits
07-03-04, 03:12 PM
According to Honda sources, a certain amount of money was due Ilmor by Thursday evening (July 1st) at 5PM EST. The company gave Access an extension until noon Friday and the team was unable to comply with funding.

"We sincerely regret that Greg Ray and his Access Motorsports team will be unable to complete the 2004 IRL IndyCar Series season," an official statement from Honda said.

The faithhful few aren't having any fun today:

http://www.trackforum.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=45996

pchall
07-03-04, 03:40 PM
The faithhful few aren't having any fun today:

http://www.trackforum.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=45996

Worth clicking just to see the mods eat one of the faithful alive for doubting doctrine. "Lorenzo Bandini" goes up in flames, again...

KLang
07-03-04, 03:54 PM
Worth clicking just to see the mods eat one of the faithful alive for doubting doctrine. "Lorenzo Bandini" goes up in flames, again...

Wow he had over 900 posts. :saywhat:

Meltdown indeed! :laugh:

redmist
07-03-04, 07:57 PM
one less yellow tomorrow

Racewriter
07-03-04, 08:24 PM

Seems they don't handle sarcasm well...

DaveL
07-03-04, 08:44 PM
The fabulous IRL, by the numbers :thumbup:

Good thing Anton fixed the engine model that was ruining Indy during the CART days.

RTKar
07-03-04, 08:52 PM
The fabulous IRL, by the numbers :thumbup:

Good thing Anton fixed the engine model that was ruining Indy during the CART days.

All they need now are turbo's and pop-off valves... :shakehead

Spicoli
07-03-04, 08:53 PM
What a fuggin meltdown over there. TFF..... :D

Madmaxfan2
07-03-04, 09:04 PM
It is apparent the wheels are falling off. :cool:

SurfaceUnits
07-03-04, 09:19 PM
Another Defender Meltdown Coming

For those who missed the ABC promo for the Kansas City race during the Western Open (golf) today, Mike Tirico mentioned that Paul Tracy was on pole.

Spicoli
07-03-04, 09:38 PM
Another Defender Meltdown Coming

For those who missed the ABC promo for the Kansas City race during the Western Open (golf) today, Mike Tirico mentioned that Paul Tracy was on pole.

Priceless.

Attention Gomers:

NOBODY CARES.

Love:

spicoli.

Cam
07-03-04, 11:06 PM
Priceless.

Attention Gomers:

NOBODY CARES.

Love:

spicoli.

Postcards from the edge! Gotta love it! ;)

Jag_Warrior
07-04-04, 12:04 AM

Yikes! WTF did they do to him to make him fall on his sword like that in that lil speech at the end of the thread?!

If a person feels he's right, he should stand by his words... whether it's a popular opinion or not. Seems his little "vacation" made him eat the words (and drink the K'Aid). Sad. So you have to become a shem to be a fan over yonder? :shakehead

racermike
07-04-04, 01:09 AM
Yikes! WTF did they do to him to make him fall on his sword like that in that lil speech at the end of the thread?!

If a person feels he's right, he should stand by his words... whether it's a popular opinion or not. Seems his little "vacation" made him eat the words (and drink the K'Aid). Sad. So you have to become a shem to be a fan over yonder? :shakehead

Looks like they let lorenzobandini back into the asylum, and as he crept back in the front door, cleanupcrew stabbed him in arm with a fresh batch of kool-aid, with an extra cup of sugar.

http://www.trackforum.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=45996&perpage=25&pagenumber=2

Cam
07-04-04, 01:15 AM
Looks like they let lorenzobandini back into the asylum, and as he crept back in the front door, cleanupcrew stabbed him in arm with a fresh batch of kool-aid, with an extra cup of sugar.

http://www.trackforum.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=45996&perpage=25&pagenumber=2

All I can say is 180!!!! :eek: Just shows what happens if you dont shower after going there!

Spicoli
07-04-04, 01:17 AM
Letting cleanupcrew be a moderator is like letting Molson sponsor "Driver's Ed."

Next thing you know, I'll get more stickers on the door of the house I don't even own anymore.

Ya, I caught that :gomer: s.

:o

Cam
07-04-04, 01:29 AM
Next thing you know, I'll get more stickers on the door of the house I don't even own anymore.

No one said they were let out of Special Ed yet! ;)