PDA

View Full Version : Ganassi To Acquire Kelley?

JoeBob
07-02-04, 05:14 PM
That seems to be the latest gossip. Supposedly, Cheep is going to take over the operation and run Sharp's car out of the Kelley shop for the rest of the year.

The question on my mind is: Why?

nrc
07-02-04, 05:31 PM
Maybe Toyota committed to running a certain number of entries this year.

RichK
07-02-04, 06:01 PM
Cheap probably got jealous that ol' Rog and Mikey were propping up the league more than him! I guess keeping the IRL catering companies in bizness wasn't enough. :p

Steve99
07-02-04, 06:19 PM
How is Roger supporting the EARL more than Chip? Since Chip's drivers aren't doing so well this year maybe he figures more cars will help. You might get lucky and be leading the race when the final caution flies (or the yellow lights accidently come on).

Michaelhatesfans
07-02-04, 06:25 PM
So between AGR, Penske, and Chip it only takes three former CART teams to supply about half the grid. That means they have just about as much influence (if not more) than they did sitting on the board of directors of CART. Great job, Tony - it's so different now! You've saved the sport! You schmuck. :shakehead

Attention gomers -
Time to admit that you've been had. :gomer:

RichK
07-02-04, 06:44 PM
How is Roger supporting the EARL more than Chip?

Marlboro is more accurate. Marlboro buys and distributes large chunks of tickets.

Since Chip's drivers aren't doing so well this year maybe he figures more cars will help. You might get lucky and be leading the race when the final caution flies (or the yellow lights accidently come on).

Counting on Sharp to do well doesn't seem worth the extra cost of running another team...

Ziggy
07-02-04, 06:58 PM
Counting on Sharp to do anything but bust up some cars is dumb

oh wait, were talking about the IRL

GO FOR IT FATASSI

Steve99
07-02-04, 07:24 PM
I never said Sharp had to do well. He could be up front due to a screwy pit stop strategy. Or he could cause the final yellow that another team member needs to win. :rofl:

Of course, that assumes he makes it throught he first corner without spinning. :rolleyes:

RTKar
07-03-04, 12:08 AM
That seems to be the latest gossip. Supposedly, Cheep is going to take over the operation and run Sharp's car out of the Kelley shop for the rest of the year.

The question on my mind is: Why?

Maybe tg's paying him to.

Sean O'Gorman
07-03-04, 12:12 AM
First Mark Taylor loses his ride, now Scott Sharp could end up moving to a team that runs G-Forces...must be a bad time to own shares of Dallara right now. :laugh:

Brickman
07-03-04, 12:28 PM
If Ganassi is running the show... Sharp will be gone. As he should be.