PDA

View Full Version : Brando dies at 80

pchall
07-02-04, 03:05 PM
Just caught it on the NPR 3pm news.

:(

Sean O'Gorman
07-02-04, 07:25 PM
I was just reading an article online on how he was living in a run-down apartment in L.A. because he was 20 million in debt and had nothing of his own.

What a sad way to go out.

RusH
07-02-04, 07:33 PM
I was just reading an article online on how he was living in a run-down apartment in L.A. because he was 20 million in debt and had nothing of his own.

Given what he had once?.
I`m sure most people would love to go out with all he had over a lifetime.

Sean O'Gorman
07-02-04, 08:12 PM
Given what he had once?.
I`m sure most people would love to go out with all he had over a lifetime.

I meant sad as in how he must've felt about f****ing things up.

Jag_Warrior
07-02-04, 08:46 PM
One of the very few actors I respected as a person. Strange and odd at times, but he had guts and seemed to genuinely want to be on the right side of things... not just to be PC, but for real. Didn't have it together in raising his kids, but as an actor, certainly one of the best ever.

I hope he finds peace in the next world...

Dave99
07-02-04, 09:08 PM

That story is completely untrue and was probably scribed by any number of online hacks who have been predictiing CART's death for years now.

Brando has lived in a Mullholland Drive hilltop estate mansion continuously for decades. Jack Nicholson is one of his neighbors- I don't recall which other prominent mogels live close by.

There have been no reports on his debt service but he supposedly has been living off pensions. Marlin Brando was certainly not destitute.

Sean O'Gorman
07-02-04, 09:40 PM
I thought that was strange, but it was on Netscape's front page. I thought he had his own island?

Ziggy
07-02-04, 09:49 PM
Great actor

Was in the papers as late as last week due to suing his "mistress" for some boat load of cash SHE claimed he gave her. Brando said it was a loan.

sort of like when he was hittin' it I guess

fourrunner
07-02-04, 10:24 PM
Today on the News all the "News Vans" and Satellite uplinks were stationed outside his Mulholland Drive Estate, not at any run down apartment!

Of course he was rich enough to probably build a "Run Down Apartment Set" on his Estate just like in the movies ! ;)

Of course he was such a good actor he could probably convince you he was broke, and may actually have been acting to gain sympathy from the court!;)

How many times have you heard the refrain "STELLAAAAA!!!" throughout your lives !!

Truly a Great Actor.... When you make your living so convincingly portraying other people or charachters, your bound to be a bit eccentric.

The Godfather is arguably the Best Movie Ever Made... in no small part because of Marlon Brando's incredible performance

I've seen it 100 times, and I could watch it 100 more times!

Fitti Fan
07-03-04, 11:16 AM
My mother loved Marlon Brando. She even named one of her cats Stella so she could go out on her porch and yell "Stellllllaaaaaa" to make her come in.

He will be missed.

Jervis Tetch 1
07-07-04, 11:54 PM
Brando's 10 greatest movies (IMHO):

10. Superman (The greatest cameo performance in movie history)
9. Viva Zapata!
8. The Missouri Breaks
7. The Wild One ("What'ya got?")
6. Apocolypse Now
5. Sayonara (His most underated performance--yet still Oscar nominated)
4. On the Waterfront
3. A Streetcar Named Desire
2. Last Tango in Paris (His best "unknown" movie)
1. The Godfather (An offer I'd never refuse)

A bit of trivia. Did you know that Wally Cox, yes, that Wally Cox of Mr. Peepers, Underdog and the Hollywood Squares fame was one of his childhood friends and best friend? When Cox died, Brando kept some of his ashes and took them to places like Tahiti.

It was Brando who described Cox as a wonderful guy with the "mentality of an axe murderer."

The two are probably yodeling (a favorite prank of theirs) now somewhere.