PDA

View Full Version : Williams in 05

Chaos
07-02-04, 02:00 PM
Now that Gene is going to get some serious seat time in the Williams, he will get the opportunity to show Williams he belongs in the seat full time next year. It should be interesting to see how things pan out.

Lizzerd
07-02-04, 04:35 PM
I would say "...he will get the opportunity to show Williams if he belongs in the seat full time next year."

And yes, it will be interesting to see. Sir Frank obviously thinks well enough of Gene to give him the test seat and now the race seat (temporarily, at least). He has had a long history, though, of thinking that the car is more important than the driver. Gene is as likely to be cast aside for a new shoe next year as anybody else in his position, IMHO.

mapguy
07-02-04, 04:46 PM
Gene? He may have what it takes to be a good test driver but I can't even see him in a Jordan, never mind a Williams. Testing is one thing. Racing is another.

RichK
07-02-04, 04:49 PM
Frank also likes inexpensive drivers with something to prove....should be interesting! As long as none of the tracks are in the shape of a Budweiser logo, he should be fine.

Seadog
07-02-04, 05:09 PM
Frank also likes inexpensive drivers with something to prove....should be interesting! As long as none of the tracks are in the shape of a Budweiser logo, he should be fine.

I love that commercial.

This is sort of OT but with that commercial, the commercial with Tiger Woods at Monaco and selling the HOT WHEELS F1 die-casts at Autozone, F1 seems to be upping its exposure in the US.

Chaos
07-02-04, 05:21 PM
I would say "...he will get the opportunity to show Williams if he belongs in the seat full time next year."

oops...i forgot the *if*. Personally, I dont think he'll get the ride, but we'll see how things pan out.

Lizzerd
07-02-04, 05:25 PM
oops...i forgot the *if*. Personally, I dont think he'll get the ride, but we'll see how things pan out.

I had a feeling that's what you meant... :D