PDA

View Full Version : Tracy just did a 720

rabbit
07-02-04, 10:58 AM
Fri. AM practice: Tracy just put the right rear in the grass coming out of the 9-10 chicane, looped the car twice (with half of it on the grass and half of it on the runway), then stood on the gas and aimed for turn 1. :cool: Not a bad save. :thumbup:

Railbird
07-02-04, 11:04 AM
Sat am?

The mystical rabbit predicts the future.

Sounds like my boy PT is (or will be) in top form

rabbit
07-02-04, 11:15 AM
He just did it again :eek: , sort of. Didn't quite nail the dismount on the second loop this time. The Russian judge docked him two-tenths of a point, but he should still be in medal contention.

Joe in LA
07-02-04, 12:05 PM
I'll never forget that spin in the race at Gateway--I think it was the first year there? PT is the master of the that particular art. 'Course some would say he gets too much practice, but he's fun to watch.

Racing Truth
07-02-04, 01:59 PM
He just did it again :eek: , sort of. Didn't quite nail the dismount on the second loop this time. The Russian judge docked him two-tenths of a point, but he should still be in medal contention.

Huh, I thought it was that d@mn East German judge :gomer: ;)

PT is clearly being aggressive, which he needs to be to beat SeaBass. Will it be controlled aggression or pure aggression though?

Methinks PT snd the boys have decided to make a stand right here, right now.

Insomniac
07-02-04, 04:41 PM
I think they realized they need to be upfront at the start because getting there from the 2nd or 3rd row is proving to be difficult. They want the clean air and no back-markers.

Lizzerd
07-02-04, 04:41 PM
I just watched quals with Railbird and Ladybird, and during the broadcast they showed a number of spins, taped from practice and live, out of the last corner to the flagstand. I was at Burke last year and watched all the sessions, and certainly don't recall as many as I'm seeing this year.

KLang
07-02-04, 04:43 PM
I just watched quals with Railbird and Ladybird, and during the broadcast they showed a number of spins, taped from practice and live, out of the last corner to the flagstand. I was at Burke last year and watched all the sessions, and certainly don't recall as many as I'm seeing this year.

TK was talking about a bump in that area. Perhaps it is new?

Lizzerd
07-02-04, 04:48 PM
TK was talking about a bump in that area. Perhaps it is new?

Oh yeah? Thanks, I didn't hear that. We were in a bar... Do the math (adding decibels, and such). :D

nrc
07-02-04, 05:35 PM
Was that transition changed as part of the paving I heard about? Maybe they're able to carry a little more speed through there if it's not quite as bumpy.