PDA

View Full Version : Another journalist meets the two-seater

KLang
07-02-04, 09:42 AM
Link (http://www.tallahassee.com/mld/tallahassee/sports/9049798.htm)

A once-in-a-lifetime experience, it was five minutes that left me bruised, breathless and bewildered. It also gave me a new respect for these incredible racing machines and the men who drive them.

I reaaaaaaaly want a ride at RoadAmerica! :cry:

RaceGrrl
07-02-04, 09:49 AM
It would be cool to see the collected stories of the reporters who've had a ride in the two seater. I've been trying to read them as I see them linked here ane elsewhere, but I'm sure I've missed one or two. Thanks for the link.

rabbit
07-02-04, 09:55 AM
As I cram my 6-foot-2, 195-pound body into the car, I notice Tagliani staring at me in his rearview mirror. He was probably laughing, but I'm only worried about stuffing my legs in.

"You're one of the biggest dudes we've ever put in here," said a pit crew member, who yanks on straps and buckles of a harness that's suffocating me.
I inquired to CCWS PR about a ride and was told, "Sure, if they can fit you in there."

So I went and talked to the crew and asked them, "So who's the biggest guy you've ever stuffed in this thing?"

The guy looked me up and down and held his hand up near the top of my chest. "About here," he said.

So I went and talked to Tom Withers. He's the AP Cleveland bureau's sports writer and I've worked with him several times. (Great guy.) But I asked him how tight it was in there. He said there was no chance in he!! I was ever going to fit in that car and that his legs hurt for two days afterwards.

For the first time in 30 years and seven months of my life, I am wishing I was about six inches shorter.

At least for five minutes. :cry:

Fitti Fan
07-02-04, 12:36 PM
I'm 5', let me in!!! :)

Wheel-Nut
07-02-04, 12:43 PM
I'm 5', let me in!!! :)

Would you be able to see anything? :)

Fitti Fan
07-02-04, 01:14 PM
Phone book, works every time.

:)

pchall
07-02-04, 01:34 PM
Phone book, works every time.

:)

You'll be pleased to know that Christian da Matta needed two phonebooks.

j_d
07-02-04, 02:29 PM
Must . . . find . . . way . . . to . . . ride . . .

Seriously, my Driving 101 solo experience wouldn't even be on the same planet (and that drove me to senseless babbling (157 mph).