PDA

View Full Version : The Foyt Futility Watch -- July 2 thru July 4

pchall
07-02-04, 07:56 AM
We may not have Lil' Al to kick around anymore, but AJ4 and Mr. Ed are still here to entertain us with the Futility.

DaveL
07-02-04, 08:51 AM
I look forward to the TF threads praising IV if he doesn't do anything an incompetent backmarker would do. So if he finishes 3 laps down and doesn't hit anything or anyone the Lemmings can talk about his "talent" and how "great" of a job he did.

Joe in LA
07-02-04, 12:01 PM
I sure wish AJ would fire him, so he could try driving someone else's car. It'd be interesting to see how much of the futility is the team v. the driver, or whether they are both "just that bad". Is an IRL car a "Foyt Futility Vehicle"?

pchall
07-02-04, 02:03 PM
Is an IRL car a "Foyt Futility Vehicle"?

F'FU'V?

Madmaxfan2
07-02-04, 02:11 PM
I would say that Larry and AJ IV are in no-win positions. How would you like to be chided as a driver in a supposedely top level series and yet be treated like a child? Not exactly confidence inspiring. They are in over their heads in poorly set up equipement. Design for Futility indeed.

FRANKY
07-02-04, 03:51 PM
I would say that Larry and AJ IV are in no-win positions. How would you like to be chided as a driver in a supposedely top level series and yet be treated like a child? Not exactly confidence inspiring. They are in over their heads in poorly set up equipement. Design for Futility indeed.

"no-win positions" in more ways than one.

mapguy
07-02-04, 04:00 PM
"no-win positions" in more ways than one.

You won't find that one in the Kama-Sutra....

Racewriter
07-02-04, 06:12 PM
Looks like I'll be there this weekend.

With a scanner.:eek:

This could be my own personal greatest Foytility experience ever...

DaveL
07-02-04, 07:34 PM
Looks like I'll be there this weekend.

With a scanner.:eek:

This could be my own personal greatest Foytility experience ever...

You know your duty, and I'm sure you'll do it ;)

Ziggy
07-02-04, 09:47 PM
IV gets free room and board and three hundert and fifty dollars a week

no kidding

Hey AJ, you get what you pay for

Madmaxfan2
07-02-04, 10:11 PM

no kidding

And abuse from your Grandpa thrown in. IV has to be thrilled.

JohnHKart
07-03-04, 06:21 AM
Every one of these posts has to be the funniest FUW I've ever read, and there's not even any results posted yet!!! I'm laughing so hard as I type this, I'm literally crying. So where is the futillity taking place this weekend? (I'm still laughing you guys rock!)

John

Spicoli
07-03-04, 07:38 AM

no kidding

I heard the same **** last year. I was told a story by some guys on pit lane that overheard Gramps saying to I-Vee that he was gonna make him pay for that day's damage to the car by withholding his allowance. :gomer:

Great - let the kid risk life and lim in a scheisswaggen, but he can't manage a paycheck?

AJ - you suck. :shakehead

Wheel-Nut
07-03-04, 08:53 AM
If he wants a real paycheck, when he makes it back toTexas he can come and mow my lawn. Its awful hot right now in southest Texas.

He can bring his Uncle Larry along to work the broom but he has to pay him out of his own pocket!

KLang
07-03-04, 09:00 AM
If he wants a real paycheck, when he makes it back toTexas he can come and mow my lawn. Its awful hot right now in southest Texas.

He can bring his Uncle Larry along to work the broom but he has to pay him out of his own pocket!

He can come over and do mine as well. But I wouldn't let him drive my lawn tractor. :p

JLMannin
07-03-04, 10:23 AM

no kidding

He could make more than that working at White Castle. Where does AJ get his money anyway?

j_d
07-03-04, 01:08 PM
He could make more than that working at White Castle. Where does AJ get his money anyway?

Ummmmmmmmm . . . White Castle. My favorite way to clog my arteries.

pchall
07-03-04, 01:48 PM
Combined practice results from Kansas City:

1 56 7 Herta, Bryan D/H/F 26.0986 209.666
12 14 Foyt IV, AJ D/T/F 26.3789 207.439
17 52 Carpenter, Ed D/C/F 26.4604 206.800
21 12 Takagi, Tora D/T/F 26.6509 205.321

Did Toyota give Ol' AJ a motor from the middle shelf this weekend? ;)

Hmmm... only 21 cars. Who's missing? Greg Ray must have lost the last 2% of his body fat and disappeared completely!

Spicoli
07-03-04, 01:58 PM
Combined practice results from Kansas City:

1 56 7 Herta, Bryan D/H/F 26.0986 209.666
12 14 Foyt IV, AJ D/T/F 26.3789 207.439
17 52 Carpenter, Ed D/C/F 26.4604 206.800
21 12 Takagi, Tora D/T/F 26.6509 205.321

Did Toyota give Ol' AJ a motor from the middle shelf this weekend? ;)

Hmmm... only 21 cars. Who's missing?

Taylor and Opie lost their rides. I think that's the prollem.

pchall
07-03-04, 02:01 PM
Taylor and Opie lost their rides. I think that's the prollem.

They found paying wankers for those guys. Isn't it Ray who has folded?

Spicoli
07-03-04, 02:06 PM

Yep - just saw that - Ray is gone home.

So who took their places? I thought Opie's ride was toast with Patrick. Didn;t they just fold? And who got IPS Standout :gomer: Mark Taylor's ride? :confused:

The Doctor
07-03-04, 02:08 PM

Ray's gone. Bell is in for Taylor -- Dallara employees happy, soon to purchase large estates on Mediterranean.

Spicoli
07-03-04, 02:28 PM
Ray's gone. Bell is in for Taylor -- Dallara employees happy, soon to purchase large estates on Mediterranean.

T-Bell/TinkerBell/International MetroSexual/Greg Ray Wannabee.....

You can have him. :>pfffffffffft<:

\
:cry:

pchall
07-03-04, 02:47 PM
Yep - just saw that - Ray is gone home.

So who took their places? I thought Opie's ride was toast with Patrick. Didn;t they just fold? And who got IPS Standout :gomer: Mark Taylor's ride? :confused:

Townsend Bell got the Taylor sled while IPS standout Jeff Simmons goes to Patrick to further defame the #20 car.

Meanwhile, our intrepid heroes qualified 15th (AJ4) and 17th (Mr. Ed).

Spicoli
07-03-04, 02:55 PM
Townsend Bell got the Taylor sled while IPS standout Jeff Simmons goes to Patrick to further defame the #20 car.

Meanwhile, our intrepid heroes qualified 15th (AJ4) and 17th (Mr. Ed).

From worser to worserer. :gomer:

Mr. Ed rocks. :shakehead

Thanks for the udates dood.

pchall
07-03-04, 03:38 PM
Thanks for the udates dood.

yw

It's a smelly job, much like digging out a cesspool, but without the same pay. But somebody has to do it. :gomer:

pchall
07-04-04, 12:50 PM
Sharp practices his road racing skills and turns right on the start.

devilmaster
07-04-04, 01:23 PM
Ummm......

I thought tanks were to be secured to the ground.....

Wheldon tipped his tank over and almost pulled it onto the track. A huge top heavy chunk of metal being dragged through the crew side of the pit lane would not be fun.

Lesson learned I guess. Don't stand between the pit wall and the freakin tank. :shakehead

Steve

devilmaster
07-04-04, 01:42 PM
And AJ pulls out with an air hose.....

As he did one lap with it, he looked like he was driving a little green ***** looking for an egg.... :D

Steve

B3RACER1a
07-04-04, 01:42 PM
He got busted draggin his air vent hose around...LOL!! :rofl:

FF at its finest! Just when you think it doesnt get any better, it does!

JoeBob
07-04-04, 01:43 PM
I'd love to know how you can leave the pits with the jack hose still attached.

DaveL
07-04-04, 01:48 PM

Anything is possible when we're talking Foytility.

I'm thinking Sharp Futility Thread beginning with the next race.

devilmaster
07-04-04, 01:50 PM

AJ sat on the hose behind the wall I bet.....

Steve

Spicoli
07-04-04, 02:25 PM
TBellerina is in rare form today. What a waste. Can;'t even skipper a crapwagon properly. :shakehead

pchall
07-04-04, 03:14 PM
13 A.J. Foyt IV Conseco / A.J. Foyt Racing D/T/F 197 Running $0

17 Ed Carpenter Red Bull Cheever Racing D/C/F 197 Running $0

The last figure must be "amount of weekly allowance earned". ;)

Racewriter
07-04-04, 08:48 PM
Guys, I have some bad news.

For some reason, I was unable to pick up the Foyt team on the scanner. Perhaps they were using alternate frequencies that we didn't programmed in, or something. I did, however, bear witness to this weeks' Futility. After AJFore came around with the air hose dangling, I heard Race Control say, "How the heck did they do that?" :rofl:

I may have to give this Futility episode the nod over Hemelgarn fueling a burning car in terms of pit gaffes. I mean, it is technically possible to fuel a burning car. Taking off while the air jack hose is still connected (thus having the jacks extended) is theoretically impossible.

Incredible.

Steve99
07-05-04, 07:45 PM
He got busted draggin his air vent hose around...LOL!! :rofl:

FF at its finest! Just when you think it doesnt get any better, it does!

Too bad that didn't make the highlight clips. Pictures?

Steve99
07-05-04, 07:46 PM
For some reason, I was unable to pick up the Foyt team on the scanner.

Maybe A.J. slammed the radios down and broke them.

JoeBob
07-05-04, 08:39 PM
I may have to give this Futility episode the nod over Hemelgarn fueling a burning car in terms of pit gaffes. I mean, it is technically possible to fuel a burning car. Taking off while the air jack hose is still connected (thus having the jacks extended) is theoretically impossible.

Tough call there.

Leaving with the air hose attached is a special accomplishment, but it might happen when everything goes wrong in a very special way. If you manage to accomplish that, there's no way you can win.

However, there is actual decision making involved in refueling a burning car. You have to be a complete idiot to see a fire, and then start refueling the car. (Then the "everything goes wrong in a very special way" happens - and you pour fuel all over the thing.)

I guess for futility - leaving with the jack hose attached gets the nod. But when it comes to being completely incompetant - refueling a burning car has it by a mile.

Joe in LA
07-06-04, 02:02 PM
I'm thinking Sharp Futility Thread beginning with the next race.

Long overdue IMHO. Kelley/Sharp must try to be that far out of it. Sharp is making AJIV look good.

JLMannin
07-06-04, 04:02 PM
Scott Sharp must hold the record for crashing out on the first lap.

He should have just hung up the helmet when Pacwest canned him.