PDA

View Full Version : Cleveland extended to 07

Napoleon
06-30-04, 06:28 PM
http://www.grandprixofcleveland.com/index.php?option=content&task=view&id=63&Itemid=

FTG

RaceGrrl
06-30-04, 07:40 PM
That's great news. Thanks for the link, Nappy. :thumbup:

pchall
06-30-04, 07:47 PM
The 3 Amigos have hammers, too. Sledgehammers.

:)

racer2c
06-30-04, 09:13 PM
Cleveland Rocks!

dando
06-30-04, 09:23 PM
Excellent, excellent, excellent news!! :thumbup: :thumbup:

-Kevin

mexican
06-30-04, 10:56 PM
"you just don't know what real racing means" :gomer:

gotta love cleveland, am I mistaken or is it the first track that said FTG?

Sean O'Gorman
06-30-04, 11:02 PM
Oh wow, this is the best news I've read in a long time.

I've been very afraid that with the late start to promoting this year, that the GP was going to be gone. Looks like I was wrong. :thumbup: :thumbup:

dando
06-30-04, 11:08 PM
"you just don't know what real racing means" :gomer:

gotta love cleveland, am I mistaken or is it the first track that said FTG?

Not just once, but twice (if the rumors of FTG's recent interest are true). FTG!

-Kevin

cart7
07-01-04, 05:38 AM
He he he. :thumbup: Good deal!

Madmaxfan2
07-01-04, 09:50 AM
Not bad for a dead racing series. :laugh:

Insomniac
07-01-04, 11:17 AM
Woohoo! Go race at Indy again TG!

Peter Venkman
07-01-04, 08:52 PM
http://www.grandprixofcleveland.com/index.php?option=content&task=view&id=63&Itemid=

FTG

Wasn't it Cleveland that sent the idiot grandson packing some years ago?
Didn't that happen after the fans demonstrated that they didn't want that goofy IRL thing there?

racer2c
07-01-04, 09:13 PM
Wasn't it Cleveland that sent the idiot grandson packing some years ago?
Didn't that happen after the fans demonstrated that they didn't want that goofy IRL thing there?

Damn straight. I was there just twenty feet from Bud Spiner (?) (I'm bad with names), he was the head promoter dude (IGN or somehting like that?) anyhoo, he takes the stage during driver announcments and the entire crowd boo'd him so much no one heard what he said. I think he had on a pink blazer if I remember correctly.
They were going to make an oval of the airport via cones! That would have been the funniest damn thing in the history of motorsport!

Sean O'Gorman
07-01-04, 10:15 PM
Damn straight. I was there just twenty feet from Bud Spiner (?) (I'm bad with names), he was the head promoter dude (IGN or somehting like that?) anyhoo, he takes the stage during driver announcments and the entire crowd boo'd him so much no one heard what he said. I think he had on a pink blazer if I remember correctly.
They were going to make an oval of the airport via cones! That would have been the funniest damn thing in the history of motorsport!

Bud Spiner? IGN? Man, you ARE losing your memory!

Anyway, I remember that event too. Mr. Stanner was getting booed worse than anyone I've ever heard, and I was at Coca-Cola 600 the month before! Jeff Gordon had nothing on that guy!

IRL at Cleveland was the dumbest idea I'd ever heard. They would've been lucky to get 5,000 people there on race day.

Ironically enough, I remember Stanner being cheered last year, even though IMG ended its association with the Cleveland GP right after that.