PDA

View Full Version : Cleveland Meetings

Napoleon
06-30-04, 11:12 AM
Why don’t we meet at the track on Saturday at 11:00am at the Labatt’s outdoor bar. Usually they have a blow up bottle or something like that we can meet at. 11:00 is right after Atlantic’s warm up but before driver signings.

http://www.grandprixofcleveland.com/index.php?option=content&task=view&id=17&Itemid=56

After the race I say we meet at the Blind Pig on W4th near West Lakeside in the Warehouse District after the race. Anyone going to be there on Friday, like Mueber, Sean, TKGAngel, Rosawendal, Rabbit, Tantra or Twisty Bits can e-mail me and maybe we could get together for dinner or drinks Friday after the Trans-Am race.

Anyone who has any kind of questions feel free to e-mail me.

rabbit
06-30-04, 12:48 PM
[snip]Rabbit[snip]can e-mail me[snip]
done

Sean O'Gorman
06-30-04, 02:04 PM
Why don’t we meet at the track on Saturday at 11:00am at the Labatt’s outdoor bar. Usually they have a blow up bottle or something like that we can meet at. 11:00 is right after Atlantic’s warm up but before driver signings.

http://www.grandprixofcleveland.com/index.php?option=content&task=view&id=17&Itemid=56

After the race I say we meet at the Blind Pig on W4th near West Lakeside in the Warehouse District after the race. Anyone going to be there on Friday, like Mueber, Sean, TKGAngel, Rosawendal, Rabbit, Tantra or Twisty Bits can e-mail me and maybe we could get together for dinner or drinks Friday after the Trans-Am race.

Anyone who has any kind of questions feel free to e-mail me.

Saturday at 11 sounds good. I wont be able to make it to anything after the race on Saturday, I have to go home and start prepping for autocross the next morning. I'd be up for something on Friday if we could get a group of people together, just remember that I'm 20 for another 2 weeks though so I might not be able to get in everywhere. :thumdown: Not like it matters, I've had bronchitis for a month now and the doctor sez I'm supposed to avoid alcohol.

TKGAngel
06-30-04, 06:43 PM
I dont know about Saturday morning...MamaAngel wants to go to the autograph session and I think I have to play photographer or something with her, and since that's at 1130...

We would be more than willing to do something Friday after the Trans-Am or even after the race Saturday. I just would need to know directions to wherever the group is meeting. :)

Napoleon
07-01-04, 11:22 AM
CORRECTION

The Blind Pig is on W6th Street - sorry!

Twisty Bits
07-01-04, 05:13 PM
I think I'm going to the Great Lakes Brewing Company amongst others some time Friday late afternoon, but I'd also be into the Blind Pig. We'll definately have a better idea of what's up at the Labatt's Lodge.

Sean O'Gorman
07-01-04, 10:38 PM
Since none of you can seem to figure out any plans, I'm going to say lets just meet at the fan forum tomorrow? It starts at 12:15, I'll probably be there before then, or asleep under the bleachers, or something. ;)

Just look for dark brown hair, green t-shirt with blue ring around the neck, and silver Spy sunglasses. Napoleon, rabbit, and Railbird should all know who I am, I don't think I've met the rest of y'all.

Railbird
07-04-04, 05:41 PM
Got to talk to a bunch of good folks yesterday.

Very cool :cool:

Spicoli
07-04-04, 06:00 PM
Got to talk to a bunch of good folks yesterday.

Very cool :cool:

You're welcome. :gomer:

Railbird
07-04-04, 08:40 PM
Oh yeah!

I forgot to thank Spicoli for..... uh

something

or the other.

rabbit
07-05-04, 01:32 AM
sorry I missed all of you guys. Despite my best efforts, I wasn't able to break away long enough to hang out for a while. I think I saw SeanO down by the Formula Beemer cars on Thursday, but I didn't realize it was him until too late, if it even was him.

I had a very interesting weekend to say the least, highlighted by, shall we say, "enlightening" conversations with Paul Gentilozzi, Tommy Kendall, Robin Miller, Gordon Kirby and others. (In summary, Champ Car is in good hands, Roger Penske is an arse, hell will freeze over before Champ Car will go to bed with FTG, 2005 schedule is right around the corner, new cars in 06, more to come if I can remember it all.)

I also got to vouch for Miller, which was cool. The rent-a-cop down by the podium area wasn't going to let him in, despite the fact that he was wearing his Speed shirt, holding his Speed microphone and had a Speed cameraman right behind him. Robin just stood there with his arms in the air and this dumbfounded look on his face until he saw me and said, "Tell him who I am." I said to the guard, "He's ok," and he let him in. (Which is funny because the guard didn't have a clue who I was.)

Some of you may remember the 7G member photo of me with Cristiano da Matta. Well, I got to talk to Justin Wilson (super-personable guy, he made one new fan this weekend) after qualifying and got my picture taken with him. BIG difference! (Pun intended.) I'll post it when I get it.

Anywho, I hope everyone else had as good a weekend as I did.