PDA

View Full Version : Bridgestone/Firestone

Sean O'Gorman
06-29-04, 11:09 PM
So my friend's girlfriend was telling me today that Danica Patrick was supposed to make an appearance at her job (she works for Firestone) as part of Cleveland GP promotion, but for some reason she was replaced by Kenny Brack.

1) Why would a driver who doesn't even use Bridgestone/Firestone tires be picked to appear?

2) Why would an IRL driver be the replacement when its part of a Champ Car tie-in?

That didn't make much sense to me. :saywhat:

Railbird
06-29-04, 11:18 PM
who doesn't use Bridgestone/Firestone?

who is a Champcar driver?

Sounds to me like they switched their approach from gimmick to sympathy.

Sean O'Gorman
06-29-04, 11:23 PM
who doesn't use Bridgestone/Firestone?

who is a Champcar driver?

Sounds to me like they switched their approach from gimmick to sympathy.

Danica drives an Atlantic car, and those are Yokohama shod.

manic mechanic
06-29-04, 11:32 PM
Danica drives an Atlantic car, and those are Yokohama shod.

...and krapwagens are shod with Firehawks..What's your point?

Sean O'Gorman
06-29-04, 11:34 PM
...and krapwagens are shod with Firehawks..What's your point?

Why would they send an IRL driver (Brack) as part of a promotion involving a Champ Car race?

racer2c
06-29-04, 11:37 PM
Why would they send an IRL driver (Brack) as part of a promotion involving a Champ Car race?

Because, after all these years, the corporate world is as foggy on the 'split' as much as fans are. Some marketing guy in a blue suit and $100 haircut doesn't care where Brack is from.

Molson Indy? Come on, Champ Cars haven't raced at Indy for NINE YEARS!

Coldfart
06-30-04, 12:56 AM

Last time I checked, Brack wasn't driving anything.

Turn7
06-30-04, 07:25 AM
Peoples schedules change and who are you going to get away from the Champ Car paddock during the Cleveland GP to do a vendor promo?

Brack is a good spokesman whether he is in the IRL or CART they still utilize the same companies tires. They only have different marketing names represented in each series. What else is brack doing? He is well enough to test for 200 miles at speed just not well enough to feel comfortable and that he has his "edge" back. He has to earn his Honda bucks somehow, might as well be talking to a supplier.

Insomniac
06-30-04, 08:01 AM
It must have to do with Rahal Racing.

Madmaxfan2
06-30-04, 09:54 AM
The IRL uses Firestone branding for thier tires.

DjDrOmusic
06-30-04, 10:12 AM
This is interesting in light of all the merger talk right now.

rabbit
06-30-04, 11:43 AM
:saywhat: How? I think you're reading a little too much into this.

JLMannin
06-30-04, 11:57 AM

This just in!!!!!!! Roger Penske and Jerry Forsythe both put their pants on the same way - one leg at a time. This is a sure fire sign that a merger is all but done.

I apologize in advance, I just couln't resist. :p

JoeBob
06-30-04, 11:58 AM
Sounds like Bridgestone/Firestone had a deal with the local team (Rahal) to send a driver over for a chat before a local race. One of the team's drivers can't make it, so they're sending another one over instead.

Not everything is a grand conspiracy.

DjDrOmusic
06-30-04, 06:21 PM
What I should have said was that it's interesting, period. And no I'm not hoping for merger, TG has to surrender, and submit to the pyramid treatment at Abu Gabi before I'm happy. I'm still trying to regroup from this past weekend, sorry for the brainfade. :saywhat: