PDA

View Full Version : Lunch Bunch Chat call

devilmaster
06-29-04, 01:09 PM
Its 1 pm edt, who's out there?

Temporary link/instructions:

http://www.mnsi.net/~smicalef/chat/chat1.html

click yes when it asks to load jpilot software...

when the login screen comes up:

Change your name from jpilot to what you want... IMI Change your name from jpilot to what you want...

Click connect now.

Steve

anait
06-29-04, 01:48 PM
K, way to give someone a complex, Steve. :laugh: I pop into chat, you exit, stage right...

Fitti Fan
06-29-04, 01:56 PM
Doesn't work for me. Can you give the MIRC instructions again? Pretend you're talking to a three year old.

:)

Cam
06-29-04, 02:10 PM
Doesn't work for me. Can you give the MIRC instructions again? Pretend you're talking to a three year old.

IRC server = irc.different.net

Channel = #offcamber

HTH! :D

devilmaster
06-29-04, 02:26 PM
i'm back. my apologies to xpf and anait.....

I'm having dsl issues and when they checked the line, it disconnected

steve

devilmaster
06-29-04, 02:51 PM

K, I'll walk ya through it. We'll set up a 'favorites' room so all you'll have to do is double click the room name. This is for anyone who wants it.

1) start MIRC.

2) To make it easy, close all windows except the main mirc program.

3) Click on the options icon (its a folder with a hammer)

4) On the left hand side of this window, there is a list of names under 'Catagory'. You want the 'Servers' page in the 'Connect' list. (if you don't see 'servers' click on connect on the left hand side. it should open and then you'll see it.) Then click on 'servers'.

5) On this page, we'll make sure the different.net irc server is in the mirc list. (it should be, but just in case) On the drop down list called IRC Network, scroll down that list until you see 'Different'. If you don't see it, we'll have to create it. If you do see it, ignore step 6.

6) If you don't see different in that list, click on 'Add'. It will open a new window called add server. In that box, fill out the info like this:
Description: Different
IRC Server: irc.different.net
Port: 6667
Group: Different

Click add.

You now have added different to the list of servers in MIRC.

7) Click on OK to close the 'options' window. You should be back to the main window of MIRC.

8) Click on the 'Favorites' Icon. It should be to the right of the 'Options' icon. (looks like a folder with a #+ on it). In this window, click on 'Add' which is on the right hand side. In this window, fill out the top info like this:

Channel: #offcamber
Password:
Description: offcamber

leave the password section blank.

Under Networks, click on 'Add'. A whole list of servers comes up. Scroll down till you reach Different. Click on Different and then click Ok. Click on the OK on the 'Add channel' page. Now click on OK on the Mirc Favorites page, to get back to the main MIRC window.

9) Yer done. From now on, to join the OC chat, all you have to do is click on the 'Favorites' icon, then double click offcamber. It will connect and take you directly to the chat room.

If you have any questions, pm Cam. ;) :D
Steve

devilmaster
06-29-04, 10:17 PM
*bump*

cause we're chatting again.

Steve

Fitti Fan
06-29-04, 10:25 PM
*bump*

cause we're chatting again.

Steve

And Fitti Fan finally figured out how to get in.

(Say that ten times fast!)