PDA

View Full Version : Well, it had wings anyway

Anteater
06-28-04, 10:10 PM
I have a collection of pins that I keep in a box; most of them have to do with racing, but there are also a couple of angel pins and a space shuttle pin that my husband picked up on a trip to Huntsville AL. I usually wear one of the angel pins any time I have to travel more than 10 miles. Call me superstitious, but I just feel a little bit better when my "guardian angel" rides with me.

This morning I had to drive my mother home from a medical procedure twenty-odd miles away; I was running a little behind schedule, so I hastily stuck my hand into the box of pins, grabbed what I thought was an angel, pinned it to my blouse, and ran out the door. It didn't matter--I arrived at the doctor's office in time to meet Mom in the recovery room. She looked at my blouse and asked, "What is that pin you're wearing?", and I answered, "It's my guardian-angel pin-you know I like to wear it when I travel more than 10 miles." Then Mom said "But it looks like it has wheels" I looked down, and sure enough, I had worn my racecar pin instead of the angel. So I pointed out that it had wings, so it must be some sort of angel. :D

I bought that pin on the way home from Laguna Seca a couple of years ago, when my husband and I stopped at the Arciero Winery. They have a very nice little museum of racing memorabilia, including Jeff Krosnoff's MCI car. The pin represents some kind of generic open-wheel racecar-not quite a Champ Car, maybe a little like an older F1 car, but definitely not an Earl crate.

Anyway, I made it home safely.

oddlycalm
06-29-04, 04:28 PM
You can always count on moms to notice this sort of descrpency, even at times when anyone else would be focused on their own situation, and moms never stop being moms. :thumbup:

oc

PS - Does this mean that you have yet to replace the lost reading glasses...? :D

Anteater
06-29-04, 11:02 PM
Does this mean that you have yet to replace the lost reading glasses...? :D

Yep! :D