PDA

View Full Version : Attn: Cleveland Area OC members

Sean O'Gorman
06-28-04, 02:40 PM
Got this in my in-box a few minutes ago:

ASCC Members,

Several members of ASCC/NORA will be featured on Fox 8's Morning Show Tuesday morning. The segment is focusing on accident avoidance techniques between cars, SUVs, small vehicles and motorcycles and may also have some performance driving segments.

The segment which will be 1-3 minutes in length will feature several common situations that drivers face (left hand into traffic, rapid lane change, failure to yield, etc.) and the proper techniques to avoid them.

I am hopeful we will be able to get a plug in for the Akron Sports Car Club/Northeast Ohio Racing Organization.

The Details:

Tuesday, June 29th from 6-9am. I believe it is during their "Kicking It with Kenny" segment but am not positive. If you have the tape. I would set your VCRs to record the entire show.

I believe those selected to participate are Jay Storm-Impreza, Eric Heller-Vette, Buddy-Miata and Ki-240SX/Silvia.

Thanks to Bob MacDonald of NEOhio SCCA for thinking of our groups for this unique and exciting opportunity.

Thanks,

Ed George
29 D Street Prepared
98 Subaru Impreza 2.5 RS
http://www.sourcemotorsports.com

Supposedly its going to be some sort of Cleveland GP tie-in, so I'm interested to see how that turns out. I'm curious as to which of them gets to demonstrate the Paul Tracy chrome-horn technique! :laugh:

Check it out if you are watching TV in the morning before work or whatever.

racer2c
06-28-04, 03:39 PM
And here I thought you were offering to let us crash at your place during the Champ Car race! ;)

Sean O'Gorman
06-28-04, 04:11 PM
And here I thought you were offering to let us crash at your place during the Champ Car race! ;)

I'd offer, but my mom has relatives from out of town here for a week and there are already bodies strewn about the floor, couches, etc. :laugh: