PDA

View Full Version : "The Onion" satirizes Jeff Gordon

Rob
06-28-04, 12:06 PM
Jeff Gordon Never Gets Tired Of Seeing Face On Cheap Plastic Crap (http://www.theonion.com/news/index.php?issue=4025&n=2) :laugh:

racermike
06-28-04, 12:36 PM
Hilarious

Would sound even funnier if you substituted names like Gaston Mazzacane, Ed Carpenter, Eddie Cheever, Rodolfo Lavin, or Zsolt Baumgartner in there.

pchall
06-28-04, 01:00 PM
$13.99 for a couple of plastic light switch plates.

Marketing must be easy when you're dealing with stupid people.

FTG
06-28-04, 01:15 PM
Marketing must be easy when you're dealing with stupid people.

So is becoming an "American Idol" and getting elected.

Opposite Lock
06-28-04, 01:35 PM
I couldn't help notice during yesterday's race all the commercials for the Dale Jr. KFC Collector's Chicken Bucket. You just know that there are a few people out there that have shaken the last few bits of fried chicken out of those, and have them proudly displayed on the mantle. Perhaps several in a pyramid. Maybe even converted to a stylish lampshade.

racermike
06-28-04, 01:51 PM
I couldn't help notice during yesterday's race all the commercials for the Dale Jr. KFC Collector's Chicken Bucket. You just know that there are a few people out there that have shaken the last few bits of fried chicken out of those, and have them proudly displayed on the mantle. Perhaps several in a pyramid. Maybe even converted to a stylish lampshade.

Just plain scary to even think of that.

Wheel-Nut
06-28-04, 02:11 PM

Bid early and often!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=46144&item=5104920784&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

Rob
06-28-04, 02:51 PM
Makes a nifty hat too!

Chiphead_Dave
06-28-04, 03:42 PM
ROFL

"You are bidding on a Limited Edition Dale Earnhardt Jr KFC Bucket. This bucket has no chicken in it. this is brand new. Bid while you can! these wont last!!

This bucket has NEVER had chicken in it

This bucket also comes with a lid."

You know some redneck is selling these to pay bail on his 15 year old girlfriend who stole a stack of them for him.

pchall
06-28-04, 03:56 PM
ROFL

"You are bidding on a Limited Edition Dale Earnhardt Jr KFC Bucket. This bucket has no chicken in it. this is brand new. Bid while you can! these wont last!!

This bucket has NEVER had chicken in it

This bucket also comes with a lid."

OMFG!!!! Neckworld is worse than I ever hallucinated!

cart7
06-28-04, 04:17 PM
pURRfEcT fuR HeEvin On thE tRacK aT tHe neXt RaCe!! :gomer:

pchall
06-28-04, 04:23 PM
pURRfEcT fuR HeEvin On thE tRacK aT tHe neXt RaCe!! :gomer:

And ruin such a fine collectible item?

http://i6.ebayimg.com/01/i/02/00/72/1d_1_b.JPG

JoeBob
06-28-04, 04:28 PM
Best lines from that story:

Gordon's many commercial endorsements—with corporations ranging from Coke to Kellogg's—further increase the amount of tacky garbage bearing his face.

Yup, seems as though I can't buy a hoagie without some kid handing me a cup that's got me and my car on it," Gordon said. "I don't mind one bit, though. I love to sit back and sip on a Coke and look at that car. It's a great car, ain't it?"

Pepsi must be thrilled to know they spend a zillion dollars a year on the golden boy, and The Onion doesn't even know what cola he "endorses" on a parody of his endorsements.

pchall
06-28-04, 04:49 PM
Pepsi must be thrilled to know they spend a zillion dollars a year on the golden boy, and The Onion doesn't even know what cola he "endorses" on a parody of his endorsements.

Good catch.

Wheel-Nut
06-28-04, 05:17 PM
This auction also has a cup!!

http://i11.ebayimg.com/02/i/02/09/10/a1_1_b.JPG

fourrunner
06-28-04, 10:40 PM
I'm assuming this Auction is at Sothebey's ?? ;)

cart7
06-29-04, 08:20 AM
I'm almost afraid to admit the fact that I have a pretty close friend who'd probably bid on these to add to his Dale Sr. shrine in his family room. :laugh:

I just love watching the #3 on the paddles of the black ceiling fan go round and round and round and round ........... :eek:

4wheeldrifter
06-29-04, 08:38 AM
Bid early and often!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=46144&item=5104920784&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

That's it for me. You've been great. (I've seen enough). :shakehead :laugh:

Wheel-Nut
06-29-04, 09:27 AM
I'm assuming this Auction is at Sothebey's ?? ;)

Christie's Auction!