PDA

View Full Version : Rossi takes it to Honda again!

The Doctor
06-28-04, 11:52 AM
Well no one else here has mentioned this, so I will...

My boy Rossi took it to the Honda machine again this weekend at Assen... crushed poor Gibernau with an absolutely smashing last lap pass after Sete had led the entire race. Now Val is tied with Sete for the points lead. Things are looking much better for Yamaha and Rossi after a somewhat shaky start to the season following that awesome first victory at Welkom. Now he's taken victory on a variety of tracks (Barcelona, Mugello, Assen) the past couple of weeks, so it looks like a real duel the rest of the way this year.

Go Rossi! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

stroker
06-28-04, 12:25 PM
Yesterday was a good day to park on Speed with a frosty one... Between the two AMA races at BIR and the Dutch GP it was pretty good.

We have GOT to get a MotoGP in the States...

hard to believe the Superbikes are now as fast around BIR and RA as the old Can-Am cars. Sheesh!

RichK
06-28-04, 12:30 PM
That was the way to win a race. Stalk Gibernau the entire race, find his weak spots, and pass him on the last lap to completely demoralize him. I think Sete was too stunned to fight back. Hell, he still looked stunned in the press conference. Awesome.

Nice to see Nicky Hayden come up to 5th from 16th on the grid, and a non-Rossi Yamaha on the podium!

jons
06-29-04, 12:14 AM
The MotoGP races are the only motorsports I really look forward too this year.
THey should make M. Schumacher move to McLaren. Thats pretty much what happened with Rossi this year. As a result we have the best racing I have ever seen. :cool:

Chaos
06-29-04, 10:47 AM
The MotoGP races are the only motorsports I really look forward too this year.
THey should make M. Schumacher move to McLaren. Thats pretty much what happened with Rossi this year. As a result we have the best racing I have ever seen. :cool:

technically, that's what MS did when he went to Ferrari in the first place :)

RichK
06-30-04, 12:41 PM
Here is an excellent article on the Rossi/Gibernau rivalry brewing. A very well written piece of sports journalism, I must say:

SPEED Article by Dennis Noyes (http://www.speedtv.com/articles/moto/motogp/11806/)

Chaos
06-30-04, 01:37 PM
i just watched the race. it was a pretty intense last lap. MotoGP has the best racing this year.

jons
06-30-04, 08:40 PM
That is a very good article! I didn't even know they made contact.
Makes the race this weekend all the more exciting, if thats possible.

:cool:

oddlycalm
06-30-04, 10:45 PM
No idea how Rossi held onto it for the next corner after the pass. The front end looked like it was washing out like crazy, but he kept scratching and stayed shiny side up. One of the greatest riders ever, no doubt about it. :thumbup:

I only got to see Hailwood ride against Agostini and Phil Read four times, and the Isle of Man doesn't really count because it wasn't head to head racing. We are getting a front row seat on racing that is every bit as good every couple weeks with Rossi riding at the limit and beyond on the somewhat slower Yamaha. People will be talking about this season for decades.

oc