PDA

View Full Version : Ankf00 Was Wrong, Too

Dave99
06-27-04, 09:17 PM
Texas suffers "titanic" loss to CSUF in the College WS. No Soup For You!

http://ak.imgfarm.com/images/ap/thumbnails/CWS_TEXAS_CAL_ST_FULLERTON.sff_CWS114_200406271918 20.jpg http://ak.imgfarm.com/images/ap/thumbnails/CWS_TEXAS_CAL_ST_FULLERTON.sff_CWS112_200406271914 20.jpg

racermike
06-28-04, 12:38 PM
Texas suffers "titanic" loss to CSUF in the College WS. No Soup For You!

http://ak.imgfarm.com/images/ap/thumbnails/CWS_TEXAS_CAL_ST_FULLERTON.sff_CWS114_200406271918 20.jpg http://ak.imgfarm.com/images/ap/thumbnails/CWS_TEXAS_CAL_ST_FULLERTON.sff_CWS112_200406271914 20.jpg

Heard about that this morning, you beat me to it Dave

http://home.comcast.net/~cartchampcarfan1/TexasOWNED.jpg

Ankf00
06-28-04, 08:14 PM
new school motto: "We're Texas. We Choke Like No One Else."

Turn7
06-28-04, 08:15 PM
Then we lock ourselves in a room and won't face reality that we SUCKED!

Ankf00
06-28-04, 08:19 PM
Then we lock ourselves in a room and won't face reality that we SUCKED!
they took it to your boys from Rice all 4 games this year ;)

Turn7
06-28-04, 08:22 PM
Your as bad as Wilke switching the topic to NASCAR on hdolan.

Let's stick to the subject of TU.

Ankf00
06-28-04, 08:31 PM
Your as bad as Wilke switching the topic to NASCAR on hdolan.

Let's stick to the subject of TU.

what's a TU? :confused: I don't speek inbred, i mean aggy... :p

Classic Apex
06-28-04, 09:02 PM
Anyone else catch Jim Rome today?

Apparently some of the CSFU boys were caught on the roof of their hotel... throwing rocks at people.

:rofl: :gomer: :rofl:

Geeesh...freakin' morons.

IlliniRacer
06-28-04, 11:08 PM
After serving a 1 1/2 sentence under Herr Garrido, anytime his team loses, it puts a smile on my face. :)

Congrats to the Titans. :thumbup: :thumbup:

racermike
06-29-04, 01:56 PM
BTW -- Was down in Eugene on Monday, 2 blocks from Autzen Stadium

What a fine fine place that is to watch the Ducks kick some butt. Looks like its almost time for football season!

Ankf00
06-29-04, 02:53 PM
"The Longhorns remained in the dugout for 10 minutes during Fullerton's on-field celebration before heading to their locker room. Garrido told the Morning News that at no point during that time in the dugout did tournament officials approach him about accepting the award."

yep, sure sounds like they were locked up and crying ;)

dando
06-29-04, 10:09 PM
BTW -- Was down in Eugene on Monday, 2 blocks from Autzen Stadium

What a fine fine place that is to watch the Ducks kick some butt. Looks like its almost time for football season!
Off topic, but how about that namby pamby penalty the Ducks served on themselves? :shakehead

Oh yeah, foosball season...bring it on. :)

-Kevin

dando
06-29-04, 10:15 PM
"The Longhorns remained in the dugout for 10 minutes during Fullerton's on-field celebration before heading to their locker room. Garrido told the Morning News that at no point during that time in the dugout did tournament officials approach him about accepting the award."

yep, sure sounds like they were locked up and crying ;)
Reynolds was pretty vehement this AM on Mike & Mike about the 'horns not getting fair treatment over this debacle. He blamed the NCAA over the matter.

re: Chokers...good choice for a new team nickname. Not sure the fans will like the new mascot, tho. ;) BTW, I can't wait for the home and home in a couple of season between the 'horns and the Bucks. :)

-Kevin

Ankf00
06-30-04, 12:14 AM
who has ever heard of a 2nd place trophy? in the CWS? I've never seen one...

and how many of these reporters have ever watched a CWS game in their lives, let alone any college baseball...

'05 in your crib right? '06 in ours?

dando
06-30-04, 05:25 PM
and how many of these reporters have ever watched a CWS game in their lives, let alone any college baseball...

'05 in your crib right? '06 in ours?
Precisely what Harold Reynolds ask the Mike boyz yesterday morning...

Yup. '05 in the Shoe. '06 down there. I'm planning to be @ both....visit some friends in Austin, have some Stubbs and Rudy's, and watch the Bucks hook dem horns. ;)

-Kevin

Ankf00
06-30-04, 08:44 PM
what's the going rate for big 10 tickets?

and dude, c'mon, friends dont let friends have rudy's or stubb's... that's just cruel

dando
06-30-04, 11:05 PM
what's the going rate for big 10 tickets?

and dude, c'mon, friends dont let friends have rudy's or stubb's... that's just cruel
Aw c'mon...for us northerners, Stubb's and Rudy's is good eats...@ least I dint say Chuy's. ;)

Bucks tix are going for ~$60 this season, and they are hard to come by due to the limited number of games (6 vs. 8 last season). Tix are almost as hard to find as they were last season (post championship). Let me know if you're interested in a trip up north next season, and I'll do some digging for tix. Good news is that the students (yes, there are students @ OSU ;)) won't be in class yet, so there should be some tix available to the public (as long as the alumni don't take up the excess).

-Kevin

cartman
07-01-04, 03:13 PM
Aw c'mon...for us northerners, Stubb's and Rudy's is good eats...@ least I dint say Chuy's. ;)

-Kevin

What's wrong with Chuy's? Here in Atlanta (the land of sub-par to downright crappy mexican food), I really miss Chuy's from my Dallas days. It may not be the best, but it's better than anything we have here.

Ankf00
07-01-04, 05:45 PM

Bucks tix are going for ~$60 this season, and they are hard to come by due to the limited number of games (6 vs. 8 last season). Tix are almost as hard to find as they were last season (post championship). Let me know if you're interested in a trip up north next season, and I'll do some digging for tix. Good news is that the students (yes, there are students @ OSU ;)) won't be in class yet, so there should be some tix available to the public (as long as the alumni don't take up the excess).

-Kevin
ya, I would be definitely interested in heading up for that

cartman: b/c every trendy hipster UT student brags about it as the greatest food in town but it's not so great, go figure... (and where jenna bush got caught drinking the first time, hahaha)

kevin: head down to lockhart, louie meuller's and a couple other joints down there are the best in central texas :) or head up to elgin for good sausage :)

dando
07-01-04, 10:37 PM
What's wrong with Chuy's? Here in Atlanta (the land of sub-par to downright crappy mexican food), I really miss Chuy's from my Dallas days. It may not be the best, but it's better than anything we have here.

Hey, I enjoyed my one and only visit to Chuy's in Austin several years ago before heading to Houston for the C^RT monsoon...I mean race. ;) But it is a chain. Just not something the locals would brag about, eh?

Ank, thanks for the tips. I have a couple of relocated Buckeyes down there, but it's been a few years since I've been down for a visit. One of them swears by Rudy's, and sends me up some rub every Christmas (good stuff, but I also make my own - bit of a chile head)....but then again he does eat chicken wings with a knife and fork, so that may tell ya something. :laugh: Remind me in two years about this time (or I'll remind you), and I'll check with some of my contacts. I have a couple of connections for tix.

-Kevin