PDA

View Full Version : Richmond results changed

Lizzerd
06-26-04, 11:16 PM
From the earl website...

A post-race review by IRL senior vice president of racing operations Brian Barnhart disallowed Helio Castroneves' pass of Vitor Meira on the final lap because the race was still under caution. Meira finished a career-best second and Castroneves, the pole sitter, third.

Okay, so Helio passes Meira when the green and white fly at the late restart, and the lights in turn one are still yellow, and they disallow the pass. Yet, flashback two years... At the Krowned Jewwwel of earl, Tracy passes Helio with the green lights ON, and the yellow flag flying, but is also denied the pass. :confused: :confused:

B3RACER1a
06-26-04, 11:27 PM
No joke! Is it even proven that the yellow was flying on the stand?

Anyways, just a release of another version of the earl. What a joke.

JoeBob
06-26-04, 11:37 PM
In this case, they made the right call. The yellow lights were clearly on, and you can't penalize a driver for slowing down when the lights were on.

When they shafted PT, it was clear that the yellow lights were not on, yet somehow, his pass was still ruled illegal.

What we need to do is start a Brian Barnhart Futility watch.

Lizzerd
06-27-04, 12:48 AM
No joke! Is it even proven that the yellow was flying on the stand?

You mean Indy, '02, right? Yeah, by the time Helio followed Paul across the S/F line, I'm sure it was. BUT, when Paul made the pass, right in front of me, I KNOW the green LIGHT was on. The weirdness is, that Paul's pass was disallowed because the GREEN light was ON at the time, but the YELLOW flag was (probably) waving when they got to the line. Helio's pass tonight was disallowed because the YELLOW light was still ON after the GREEN flag was waved at the line starting the last lap. How stupid is that?

SteveH
06-27-04, 01:08 AM
"How stupid is that?"

Stupid is as stupid does.
:gomer:

fourrunner
06-27-04, 01:16 AM
Someone should tell Brian Barnhardt if your going to Lie, you must remember the Lie !!

Page 1 of IRL Rule Book

Rules will be determined at the end of each race !

there is no page 2 ;)

Railbird
06-27-04, 03:39 AM
I think they were just dizzy.

Coldfart
06-27-04, 03:59 AM
The yellow lights were clearly on

How can you be sure? It could have been a yellow-shirt turning around...at least, according to Paul Page, it could!

cart7
06-27-04, 07:40 AM
"I pass him under Yellow!!" :rofl:

RaceChic
06-27-04, 01:59 PM
I really get annoyed with the EARL. :shakehead

And I do NOT feel sorry for Helio one little bit.

Karma sucks. :p