PDA

View Full Version : SoCal OC members

manic mechanic
06-26-04, 06:50 PM
Is anyone interested in having a race watching party for one of the upcoming races?

I was talking with Anaya this afternoon and one conclusion came to the forefront: WE MISS THE GATHERINGS!

Therefore, I thought it prudent to put it to you folks as to whether the idea would be worth your time and effort when it comes to attending.

Upcoming dates:

Toronto Race: July 11

Vancouver Race: July 25

We would like to make the location as central to all SoCal members as possible, but in order to do that we need to know where you would be traveling from.

We have "general" locations for about 25 of the locals, but a few of you should update your personal information to indicate where you reside. I know that some of you may have concerns (don't be afraid...what could be better than 45 rabid OWRS fans descending on your doorstep... :laugh:? ) about security but be assured that I won't come knocking on your door unless you invite me. :p

Tell us what you think, SoCal.. The more people interested, the better venue we may be able to book.

manic

Winston Wolfe
06-26-04, 08:36 PM
You can put me down for either race, and since I am a South County dweller, I will travel pretty much anywhere, considering I can carpool with good ol' ANAYA.....
These are both great races to watch, and if we can find a place that can accomodate, then all the better. (That place in Dana Point was okay), or there is that place in Foothill Ranch (good for me and ANAYA) called KEGS, which hosted one of our gigs last year.
We could try and work in a Dromo gig as well, maybe?

Anyway, count me in for either. No preference on the dates.

WW - aka "Herb Tea"

OUT !

Dave99
06-26-04, 10:14 PM
Does Legends have HD going for each race or was last year for RA a one-off?

If so, I'd be up for a pow-wow at Legends for expanded coverage in HD.

Not that two hours of Spike (minus "messages") isn't all that and a bag of chips. :gomer:

manic mechanic
06-26-04, 10:26 PM
Baby steps first, gentlemen...

Once we know how many might attend we can POSSIBLY book a venue with HDTV.

WW: consider the road trip involved for people in the north SFV in getting to/from RSM...We are seeking feedback in an attempt to CENTRALIZE the location.

Just random thoughts.

manic

Dave99
06-26-04, 11:21 PM
Hey, we're all big-step adults here.

My point was that regardless of Legends being central to the SF Valley or the West Side I'd be willing to drive farther than The National (and somewhat less then The Rat Zone) for expanded coverage with superior quality at Legends.

You aksed us for our thoughts, those are mine.

manic mechanic
06-27-04, 12:23 AM
Hey, we're all big-step adults here.

My point was that regardless of Legends being central to the SF Valley or the West Side I'd be willing to drive farther than The National (and somewhat less then The Rat Zone) for expanded coverage with superior quality at Legends.

You aksed us for our thoughts, those are mine.

Dave, we know that if the environment is favorable, you will be there. :thumbup:

Looking at the demographic, the National doesn't seem that far from "centralized".

By my count, this is where the SoCal people hail from:

North End: 5 (that includes YOU, Dave)
Coastal L.A. and South Bay: 7
OC: 8
Inland LA: 2
Inland Empire: 9
San Diego: 1 (Lightning Bolt)

UNKNOWN: 5 (you people should update your personal info).:shakehead

Going by this information, the meeting point should be somewhere north of Santa Fe Springs, unless someone comes up with a more centralized location...

Now do you get the idea? :p

manic

RaceCat
06-27-04, 12:55 AM
My house has HDTV. :D

We could have it here assuming I decide to clean up the place a little. However, I can't make it on the 11th. (We have a horse show that day)

The 25th works though.

Whatever you guys decide, just post it here and I'll try to make it or like I said, my living room is always an option. It's nothin' fancy but it has places to sit and a 36 inch HDTV! (hope no one is allergic to cats, we have a few.)

RaceCat

Fitti Fan
06-27-04, 10:39 AM
My house has HDTV. :D

We could have it here assuming I decide to clean up the place a little. However, I can't make it on the 11th. (We have a horse show that day)

The 25th works though.

Whatever you guys decide, just post it here and I'll try to make it or like I said, my living room is always an option. It's nothin' fancy but it has places to sit and a 36 inch HDTV! (hope no one is allergic to cats, we have a few.)

RaceCat

But don't be an idiot an let them out like I did!!! ;)

Anteater
06-27-04, 11:33 AM
(hope no one is allergic to cats, we have a few.)
RaceCat

Thank you for the kind offer, RaceCat; however, Mr. A. is VERY allergic to cats.

We have traveled as far as Riverside for a race-viewing party, and are willing to do so again. So far we have nothing on the calendar for July 11 or July 25. :)

As far as race-viewing options down this way, the Blue Dolphin in Dana Point has Spike, and K.E.G.S. has HDNet.

Winston Wolfe
06-27-04, 12:23 PM
Thanks for the info, Anteater.... Of course I will lead the charge for getting K.E.G.S. nominated as the place to be since it is literally 3 minutes from my house and I can drink my face off, if necessary.

But there again, I am willing, and able to go pretty much anywhere in the Southland, to go and watch a race with some of the real fans of CCWS. A central location would be preferable for all, and the good thing is that there are really no stick and ball sports to worry about, forcing us to get shoved into some corner (like the National !)

I am all ears, as they say, and waiting for my car pool buddy, ANAYA, to get in on the post....

Dave99
06-27-04, 02:48 PM
Going by this information, the meeting point should be somewhere north of Santa Fe Springs, unless someone comes up with a more centralized location...
Now do you get the idea? :p
How about Pico Rivera? :)

Great tamale vendors there, too. Chicken or beef- $1.00 :thumbup:

CARTNUT
06-27-04, 08:07 PM
The CARTNUTs are pretty much up for anything -- Wisconsin was not too far to go for a Champ Car race! ;) However, I doubt I'll be able to get the 4TH or the 11th off as I have just completed my vacation and had 3 of the last 4 weekends off this month. So put us down for the 25th and we'll see you all anywhere you want, with or without the lugnuts.

'NUT :gomer:

CARTNUT
06-27-04, 08:09 PM
BTW - Dave, I prefer CARNITAS Tamales!!! :thumbup:

ANAYA YATES
06-27-04, 11:06 PM
Been busy studying all day. Social control, deviance and deviant behavior. How fitting with this bunch :p All kidding aside, I'll check into KEG's for HDNet for both dates, The National AND Legends tomorrow. At least basketball is over.

As Manic said, it's not possible without comittment from our fellow SO Cal people.

I'm there with you Winston Wolfe....always a pleasure being your carpool buddy because you get us places fast! If it happens at KEG's....I'll race you there :D

Playersfan, aka Steve Bortolussi from Canada, called this evening. He says HI

ANAYA YATES

Anteater
06-27-04, 11:23 PM
You can find lists of places with HDNet at http://www.hd.net/sportsbars.html

ANAYA YATES
06-30-04, 12:42 AM
Thanks for the HDNet info Ant.

Working with the owners at KEGs for either date. There is another place in Orange, which I will check out this weekend. Close to Dromo. These are for the HDNet LIVE broadcasts.

How many want live or the Spike replay Sunday's at 4pm????? I for one say live, but need a consensus.

Will get a message back from The National tomorrow. Sorry the info isn't specific as all my notes are at work.

Again, this takes committment from all. I know KEG's has the HDNet on the huge big screen that is the center of the main area. To get that....WE NEED PEOPLE. Not sure if they will have on the smaller screens and if they do, maybe NO sound. I can't see how they would accommodate a group of 5-10 people for the big screen. Get the picture?

So much for now.

ANAYA YATES

manic mechanic
06-30-04, 01:30 AM
Thanks for the HDNet info Ant.

Working with the owners at KEGs for either date. There is another place in Orange, which I will check out this weekend. Close to Dromo. These are for the HDNet LIVE broadcasts.

How many want live or the Spike replay Sunday's at 4pm????? I for one say live, but need a consensus.

Will get a message back from The National tomorrow. Sorry the info isn't specific as all my notes are at work.

Again, this takes committment from all. I know KEG's has the HDNet on the huge big screen that is the center of the main area. To get that....WE NEED PEOPLE. Not sure if they will have on the smaller screens and if they do, maybe NO sound. I can't see how they would accommodate a group of 5-10 people for the big screen. Get the picture?

So much for now.

ANAYA YATES

The way I see it Anaya, is that we have 10 committed for either an HDNet OR A Spike deal on July 25, wherever we schedule it.

The bigger question is: out of 40+ people in SoCal who are registered on this site, WHERE ARE THE OTHER 30? :mad:

Several people have stated that they are in the area but have never met anyone else from OC/7G. Other have cited work schedules (which I can understand) or family deals which prevented attendance at previous functions.

the thing that gets me is the number of members that just plain DON'T RESPOND...No reason, just no response (do I have to name names here?).

there..I'm through venting.

Get it together, folks.

manic

Fitti Fan
06-30-04, 08:31 AM
Um, I can't get a flight. Don't count me in. :(

There, I responded!

Anteater
06-30-04, 10:57 AM
Fitti Fan, I think you can be excused. :)

As for the others, who knows? Maybe they prefer to watch races in their own living rooms. As for us, we always enjoy seeing our racing friends. Good people!

Mr. A. and I vote for HDNet. Anaya, is that Danny K's in Orange that you're checking into? We went there to play pool once, but it was ages ago and I don't remember the TV screen situation. It IS close to Dromo, though!

Winston Wolfe
06-30-04, 06:03 PM
I'll drive to the HDNet place in Orange, especially if it is close to DROMO...

Plus, ANAYA can carpool and together, we can save the environment just a little bit at a time!

Count me in.... and if the race is on in the late AM, or early PM, I am pretty sure that I can get my buddy Ryan, up and at 'em.... he has a new "live-in" roommate.

ANAYA YATES
07-01-04, 07:15 PM
OK folks....I posted the party for the 25th. It's under SO CAL VANCOUVER RACE PARTY. Speak up!

Also, since a few were interested in the 11th for Toronto, I'm going to check out Danny K's in Orange on Saturday. It would be the SPIKE broadcast at 4pm as they don't open until 11am. The LIVE race is at 10am. Then we can hit Dromo BEFORE the race. It's literally right down the street.....and we will not have had any beverages to impair our driving :p

Who's up for that :confused: :rolleyes:

ANAYA YATES

ANAYA YATES
07-01-04, 07:49 PM
....more info for the 11th.....the manager will give us the Big Screen and Sound for the Spike broadcast.

Now who's up for that and Dromo too? :eek:

ANAYA YATES