PDA

View Full Version : Dixon chugs the Kool-Aid

Napoleon
02-09-03, 08:47 AM
"Scott Dixon, one of several former CART drivers to switch addresses this season to the IRL, is no stranger to the series.

"I watched a lot of the (IRL) races on TV last year," said Dixon, a 22-year-old Target Chip Ganassi driver from New Zealand.

"They definitely put on a good show. It's a different kind of racing.

"It looks intense and definitely looks like a lot more fun than what we did last year.

"Last year was not racing. It was follow-the-leader."

http://www.azcentral.com/sports/speed/0207autonb0207.html

lone_groover
02-09-03, 09:02 AM
Alas, another BendaDick Arnold.......

Fortunately, Scotty's room IS ready! :thumdown:

mapguy
02-09-03, 09:18 AM
What a *****. C^RT saved his career after PWR pulls out and this is the thanks that he gives them?

Sorry, Scott. You just lost a fan.

What a jackass. :thumdown:

mnkywrch
02-09-03, 09:31 AM
Oh come ON. It was follow-the-leader racing.

(Denver, Miami, Chicago... how many races did they go without a pass for the lead on the track?)

On the Mikey scale of traitordom he's perhaps a 1 or 2.

mapguy
02-09-03, 09:34 AM
Originally posted by mnkywrch

(Denver, Miami, Chicago... how many races did they go without a pass for the lead on the track?)

On the Mikey scale of traitordom he's perhaps a 1 or 2.

If it wasn't for C^RT last year he would have been sitting around looking for a ride. He probably wouldn't have been on Floyd's irl team either. Ungrateful bastard. On the Mikey scale it is a 6.

pchall
02-09-03, 10:27 AM

A pass for the lead is a very cheap thing in NASCAR and the IRL. If you need to have a lot of passes, watch that and ignore formula cars on road and street courses. A pass in road racing is difficult, significant, and earned. If you don't care to wait for one to occur there are other forms of motorsports entertainment that will please you more.

JSR
02-09-03, 10:28 AM

It definately WAS follow the leader. But CART payed for his ride so he shouldn't even bring up CART unless it is in a positive way.

The 02 CART season was the worst racing I have ever seen. But I am a fan of CART and believe that they can get that fixed. The loss of traction control should help greatly. And maybe one day they will decide to dump the mandated pitstops. I am hopeful that the 03 season will be competitive and fun to watch.

cart7
02-09-03, 11:15 AM
originally posted by mnkywrch

Yes a pass for the lead in a Cart race would have required a great deal of skill last year, as compared to a "LOTTERY", as Gil described it, in the irl. :rolleyes:

DaveL
02-09-03, 11:29 AM
It makes no difference whether the racing "follow the leader" or not. Dixon would be Australia racing God knows what right now if it weren't for C^RT.

I used to be a Dixon guy. Everyone knows that. Regardless of whether or not he's simply towing the party line, I have lost a ton of respect for him.

mnkywrch
02-09-03, 02:54 PM
Originally posted by JSR
It definately WAS follow the leader. But CART payed for his ride so he shouldn't even bring up CART unless it is in a positive way.

And you're complaining Dixon's drinking Kool-Aid.

Oooookay.

Heaven forbid he have a valid opinion based on his experience.

Heaven forbid that a guy who crashed out at Miami trying to actually pass someone have an opinion.

He didn't say CART didn't have a future. He didn't slam the new drivers. He just stated something a lot of other people have said.

If Paul Tracy had said the same thing you would have hurt yourselves slapping him on the back.

Yes a pass for the lead in a Cart race would have required a great deal of skill last year, as compared to a "LOTTERY", as Gil described it, in the irl.

Last year it would have required a forklift so you could have gotten those concrete blocks out of the way on the street circuits.

Between the stupid pit rules (which they kept), a wing package on short ovals that was a joke (which they've fixed), traction control (which they dropped), and some awful layouts (Denver & Miami), they made passing practically impossible.

A pass should be earned, but it should be an attainable goal.

JSR
02-09-03, 03:01 PM
And you're complaining Dixon's drinking Kool-Aid.

Nope. I like the IRL.

I just don't feel that he should say things negatively towards CART when CART is the reason that he had a seat in the first place.

pchall
02-09-03, 05:19 PM

Heaven forbid he have a valid opinion based on his experience.

So far Dixon's IRL experience seems to come from watching the show on TV.

mnkywrch
02-09-03, 06:11 PM
Originally posted by pchall
So far Dixon's IRL experience seems to come from watching the show on TV.

He never said any different...

pchall
02-09-03, 07:07 PM
He never said any different...

Then why should we give his comments any more credence than say -- for example -- yours?

nrc
02-09-03, 07:48 PM
Certainly it's true that CART was mostly follow-the-leader last season. I think that's a fair comment and I don't think anyone would argue about it if any of CART's current drivers said it.

But coming from somone who has left the series it's naturally going to sound like they're rationalizing their move - which they probably are. It sounds much better than, "The fat Toyota paychecks are in the wanker league now so I'll just have to hold the pedal down and hope that I hit the high-bank lottery often enough to keep the yen rolling in."

mnkywrch
02-09-03, 07:57 PM
Originally posted by pchall
Then why should we give his comments any more credence than say -- for example -- yours?

Well, there's a very high chance he's got one more CART wins and starts than you & I combined.

Kiwifan
02-10-03, 05:58 AM
Hmmmm, I'm confused. I can't believe he would say those things when the word down here is he wants to get back into C^RT next year.:confused:

May have to drop him another line but to be fair he nevered replied to my last one when I asked him to be careful whilst on the Dark Side. ;)

I'll get back to ya. :(

Rusty.