PDA

View Full Version : Crapwagon.com gone?????

ferrarigod
06-26-04, 02:00 AM
I tried going through crapwagon.com and ccfan.com and nothing is working. I can't get on to the forum or the crapwagon site. Only thing available is the bizhosting to buy crappy gear. Whats the deal? Anyone know, nothing was posted about this. Sorry, I just know alot of people double post like me over here and over there, wondering whats the deal. Thanks

lobstermint
06-26-04, 02:42 AM
I think that maybe they are working on their site.

Formula 409
06-26-04, 03:02 AM
When contacted, they have stated that it is now closed and shut down.

ferrarigod
06-26-04, 03:20 AM
When contacted, they have stated that it is now closed and shut down.

If true, I'm highly disappointed. Just another 7G I suppose :thumdown:

:shakehead

Ferdman
06-26-04, 03:54 AM
I guess I'll be posting more here now. There's gonna be a mass influx here now. I'll miss the "Dark Side" section where IRL bashing was encouraged.

Dougrun
06-26-04, 04:06 AM
I guess I'll be posting more here now. There's gonna be a mass influx here now. I'll miss the "Dark Side" section where IRL bashing was encouraged.

see my post in the mai section, but CW folded for various reasons. Please do me a favor and re-register at the temo forums at
http://www.kaitrocks.net/forums/

KLang
06-26-04, 07:59 AM
Champcarfanatics.com is still there with an empty vBulletin Message box. Looks like maybe the forums are down for maintenance?

nissan gtp
06-26-04, 08:50 AM
Champcarfanatics.com is still there with an empty vBulletin Message box. Looks like maybe the forums are down for maintenance?

down for therapy is more like it ... looks like dougrun has a new crappy home set up.

KLang
06-26-04, 09:18 AM
down for therapy is more like it ... looks like dougrun has a new crappy home set up.

I hadn't checked in there for a few weeks. What the heck happened?

nissan gtp
06-26-04, 09:32 AM
I hadn't checked in there for a few weeks. What the heck happened?

Hard to tell from outside. I pretty much gave up on the "new" crapwagon a while back. My take is that the semi-secret inner circle of mods and their clique of members they selected turned into a disaster ... talking in the cafe about other members, then denying it in public, rumors of reading PM's .... it went beyond lack of respect into dislike and beyond.

I don't think CW is beyond hope, but would have to start with revised policies and new moderators.

CW was a great place for a while, with a good gang of people, including MAtt and Marissa. The post-7G influx contributed to the decline as well, but it wasn't just that. After all, OC is as strong as ever, thanks to WB.

Dr. Corkski
06-26-04, 05:18 PM
Maybe it's time to elect/appoint an alpha-offy. :laugh:

raiderdean
06-27-04, 04:40 AM
hello OC I guess this will be the Champ Car site I visit now.

pchall
06-27-04, 08:03 AM
I tried to register at the temp site with my old crapwagon nick.

Didn't work.

And there is no link that will let me communicate with the bosses there to fix things.

What gives?

Anybody got some ideas to help out?

chop456
06-27-04, 08:41 AM
Here's are some ideas:

1) Run a forum without looking to make it something bigger and better than what it was intended to be. It's discussion amongst fans - nothing more, nothing less. If you want to rub elbows with the racing fraternity, get a job.

2) Don't talk s**** about your membership behind their backs.

3) Don't grow beyond what you're willing to deal with.

The rest pretty much takes care of itself.

Ruben Barrios
06-27-04, 10:02 AM
Harsh!

JT265
06-27-04, 10:46 AM
Maybe it's time to elect/appoint an alpha-offy. :laugh:

hmmmmmmmm..............................offys

:D

Cart4Live2003
06-27-04, 10:48 AM
pchall.. what was the nick??? i'm cc4l aka champcar4life.. and if you were using a yahoo email.. did you check the spam.. someone pointed out to me the other day for some reason yahoo had put it in their spam area.. not sure what happened..

OH wait.. pchall DUH.. I got a sorta bounced msg.. it didn't say it was bounced but when it tried to send to your mail's server it timed out and said it would keep trying to send.. but in the meantime if you tell me the nick.. I can try and activate it myself.. (still figuring out phpbb .. but hopefully don't have to and the main site will be up soon *crossing fingers*)..

cc4l

pchall
06-27-04, 12:48 PM
pchall.. what was the nick??? i'm cc4l aka champcar4life.. and if you were using a yahoo email.. did you check the spam.. someone pointed out to me the other day for some reason yahoo had put it in their spam area.. not sure what happened..

OH wait.. pchall DUH.. I got a sorta bounced msg.. it didn't say it was bounced but when it tried to send to your mail's server it timed out and said it would keep trying to send.. but in the meantime if you tell me the nick.. I can try and activate it myself.. (still figuring out phpbb .. but hopefully don't have to and the main site will be up soon *crossing fingers*)..

cc4l

As most everyone must know, my crappy nick is 'attentuator'. [Yes, i don't care, Turd13 and all you Mike Condre sucking gomers if you know my nicks -- Scarab16 lives!] I registered again and got no e-mail in response. Yet when i re-registered I got the "nick already in use" message.

"Hey, they killed Crapwagon!"

Good thing Crapwagon will always be back in the next episode.

JoeBob
06-27-04, 12:55 PM
Here's are some ideas:

1) Run a forum without looking to make it something bigger and better than what it was intended to be. It's discussion amongst fans - nothing more, nothing less. If you want to rub elbows with the racing fraternity, get a job.

Pretty good description of this place.

Cart4Live2003
06-27-04, 01:59 PM
pchall ok your account is activated

sorry about that.. just something timed out when the confirm email was sent trying to get to your email's server..

Ruben Barrios
06-27-04, 03:10 PM
C4L on top of things!!!

The Jimeeeee, The Jimaroooo... you get my point

FTG
06-27-04, 05:16 PM
Here's are some ideas:

And if you're going to start a new site, don't trash other sites. Something WB did, once again showing that he has more class than most people.

BNica
06-28-04, 12:37 PM
Here's are some ideas:

That pretty much summarizes it Chop.

The other thing I would add are:

4) Don't sell your core members out for 'credibility', they are what made the site what it was, and once they are gone, you won't be relevant.

stroker
06-29-04, 10:34 PM
It's BAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaack............. :thumbup: